The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

the black s*** on my screen when a Sevagoth is in the squad

supernils

6 minutes ago, Quest said:

can we get a screenshot of what you're talking about

When the Sow augment is equipped and you cast Reap, it procs so often that you literally have black floor for a little bit. Effect is extra exaggerated when you also have Reap augment so there will be 3 shadows flying around.

2 hours ago, supernils said:

Even more annoying than Nekros' minions.

I heard you can't change the color. Which isn't really the problem. The problem is its opacity, and frequency. But being black makes it worse I guess.

There is an option in settings to reduce ally visual effects, proceed to do so at your earliest convenience.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RobWasHere said:

When the Sow augment is equipped and you cast Reap, it procs so often that you literally have black floor for a little bit. Effect is extra exaggerated when you also have Reap augment so there will be 3 shadows flying around.

Can't wait to cover the map in pink good using reworked caliban

1 hour ago, Karyst said:

There is an option in settings to reduce ally visual effects, proceed to do so at your earliest convenience.

Bless your heart.  This setting only works when DE remembers it's in there and makes changes accordingly.  For the longest time, it had no effect on some of the most egregious VFX spam in the game.  I've had it on for as long as I can remember, and it doesn't do anything to stop the black nexus that the OP is mentioning.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, sunderthefirmament said:

I googled "sevagoth nuke build" and this is the first video that pops up.  I have zero opinions on any Warframe streamers, but if you watch about the first 10 seconds, you'll see the black effect the OP is mentioning.

yeah imagine that in a brighter map and it's much more visible. for everyone in the team.

17 hours ago, sunderthefirmament said:

Bless your heart.  This setting only works when DE remembers it's in there and makes changes accordingly.  For the longest time, it had no effect on some of the most egregious VFX spam in the game.  I've had it on for as long as I can remember, and it doesn't do anything to stop the black nexus that the OP is mentioning.

Ok sir, please reduce your own visual effects accordingly at your earliest convenience, also, who is doing the blessing?

55 minutes ago, Karyst said:

Ok sir, please reduce your own visual effects accordingly at your earliest convenience,

There's no guarantee that will even have any effect on the black swirl spam from Sevagoth.  I would also argue that someone shouldn't have to reduce their VFX quality to avoid eyesores.  Like the oppressive Ogris NN spam that was so prevalent a few years back.  A player shouldn't have to hamstring the appearance of the entire game just to avoid that.  I don't think Sevagoth spam is as bad as that, but it's a matter of taste.

But to humor you, I'll ask which settings you think someone should adjust to avoid the VFX spam from Sevagoth.  It's not immediately clear to me, but maybe you have a greater familiarity with granular graphics settings.

58 minutes ago, Karyst said:

also, who is doing the blessing?

Anyone in the legendary ranks at a relay of your choosing, I'd imagine. 

Marvel Studios Smile GIF by Disney+

1 hour ago, sunderthefirmament said:

There's no guarantee that will even have any effect on the black swirl spam from Sevagoth.  I would also argue that someone shouldn't have to reduce their VFX quality to avoid eyesores.  Like the oppressive Ogris NN spam that was so prevalent a few years back.  A player shouldn't have to hamstring the appearance of the entire game just to avoid that.  I don't think Sevagoth spam is as bad as that, but it's a matter of taste.

But to humor you, I'll ask which settings you think someone should adjust to avoid the VFX spam from Sevagoth.  It's not immediately clear to me, but maybe you have a greater familiarity with granular graphics settings.

Anyone in the legendary ranks at a relay of your choosing, I'd imagine. 

Marvel Studios Smile GIF by Disney+

The one that has effects mentioned in in. And as much as I understand what you said, we are currently focusing on the oppressive shadow-imposing effect of the CPT. phased beard and nothing else. You may create a new topic where we can have a go on eye sore creating criminals in general.

Edited by Karyst

1 hour ago, Karyst said:

The one that has effects mentioned in in. And as much as I understand what you said, we are currently focusing on the oppressive shadow-imposing effect of the CPT. phased beard and nothing else. You may create a new topic where we can have a go on eye sore creating criminals in general.

It's in accessibility, and not in video, for anyone who's looking.  And toning VFX intensity down to the lowest (10) does in fact prevent these big black swaths of shadow from obscuring your vision.  But you also lose seeing most other effects as well, so take that for what you will.

I think DE should update their "reduced ally VFX" setting to include Sevagoth's potent new VFX spam.  I love Sevagoth and am typically happy to see him on the team, but I can understand where the OP is coming from with their displeasure with the shadow spam.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sunderthefirmament said:

It's in accessibility, and not in video, for anyone who's looking.  And toning VFX intensity down to the lowest (10) does in fact prevent these big black swaths of shadow from obscuring your vision.  But you also lose seeing most other effects as well, so take that for what you will.

I think DE should update their "reduced ally VFX" setting to include Sevagoth's potent new VFX spam.  I love Sevagoth and am typically happy to see him on the team, but I can understand where the OP is coming from with their displeasure with the shadow spam.

I personally need to have that setting on <30 because otherwise I cannot see enemy 10 meters away. Yes, it does reduce all the effects including your own cosmetic effects, but, again me personally, I rather see the head of thrax instead of 5 different kinds of smoke

• Like 1

Just now, Karyst said:

I personally need to have that setting on <30 because otherwise I cannot see enemy 10 meters away. Yes, it does reduce all the effects including your own cosmetic effects, but, again me personally, I rather see the head of thrax instead of 5 different kinds of smoke

Perhaps, in the world, where Warframes have cooldowns, this wouldn't be such an issue, in fact, having appropriate cooldowns on abilities would most likely enhance gameplay 

5 minutes ago, Karyst said:

Sound advice.  I think I'm going to try this out for EDA tonight.  I tend to favor melee in EDA, and it's just a guessing game what's actually happening in front of me at any given moment, Sevagoth on the team or no.  But I digress.

• Like 1

On 2024-09-28 at 4:03 PM, sunderthefirmament said:

I googled "sevagoth nuke build" and this is the first video that pops up.  I have zero opinions on any Warframe streamers, but if you watch about the first 10 seconds, you'll see the black effect the OP is mentioning.

I know, but maybe what he was seeing was more extreme because of a bug or something, hence why I wanted to see what he was seeing in game.