The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So What Exactly is “Status Vulnerability”?

(PSN)RB3-Reloaded

Question

Hi there everyone with the new Caliban rework which I’m really excited for it’s clear that he’s now basically got a new passive of being able to apply Tau Damage/Status. And it’s status affect is to apply “Status vulnerability” to enemies and I think I get what it does but I’m just making sure.

So does it A. basically makes it so enemies bypass the status chance on weapons and will cause them to take more status effects? So if I hit a 100% status vulnerable enemy with a 50% status chance corrosive weapon it will be a guaranteed corrosive proc? And a 100% status corrosive proc will guarantee 2 corrosive status procs?

B. Increases the potency of the status effects received like how hydroid does with corrosive procs? So like only 5 stacks of cold is needed to freeze instead of the usual 10?

C. It increases the damage status affects deal to enemies like “status damage” mods do?

sorry if this sounds like a dumb question especially coming from a MrL2 player but I just haven’t seen anything like this I’m a tad unsure

Edited by (PSN)RB3-Reloaded
  • Like 1

3 answers to this question

32 minutes ago, (PSN)RB3-Reloaded said:

B. Increases the potency of the status effects received like how hydroid does with corrosive procs? So like only 5 stacks of cold is needed to freeze instead of the usual 10?

C. It increases the damage status affects deal to enemies like “status damage” mods do?

It's definitely not either of these.

It's going to increase chance of inflicting status.  Exactly how this will be calculated I could guess at, but I don't know.  Dante has Status Vulnerability on Page Flight, but he's a nuisance to test.  And even if I went to the trouble, that doesn't mean Status Vulnerability from tau status will work the same way.  WF mechanics are sometimes inconsistent from source to source.

• Like 2

AFAIR, they said that it's like Dante's passive so like A.

What I'm not sure is how it's calculated. Say you have

- 20% base status chance

- add mod(s) - final, moded status is set to 45% (+25%)

Does the 100% status vulnerability means:

- 90% status chance => 45% moded status chance * 2 OR

- 65% status chance => 45% status chance +20% base (100%)

• Like 1

From the stream, it sounded to me like it would increase status chance on affected enemies. The exact calculations I'm unsure of, especially since I don't recall seeing how much status chance per Tau stack you'd get and how much it stacks up to. But I could've missed it.