The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr: Feedback Megathread

Pendragon1951

What i wish for is for hysteria to use the mods and weapon damage of your melee weapon (with a decent multiplier, maybe), IF it exceeds the one that Hysteria gives you.

And yes, a bigger shield would do her nicely. Or a bigger health pool on top of armour, and means to regain hp, either as a passive from melee damage or as a "side effect" from one of her other abilities. (Vampiric would be preferable, so she has to kill/damage to stay alive).

Btw, joining her mana pool and health pool would be interesting, so casting her abilities would cost health. And using vampiric or self-healing attacks would bring it back.

Using hysteria at it's current state, what i figured: Spam jump attack (5 meter aoe splash damage with a knockdown added), it's more effective than spamming claws. + Use the maxed range Fragor/Galatine or other weapon with AoE knockdown, for when your ulti wears off and you'll be spamming the jump melee attack, you'll be able to knock down everything around you and will be able to recast your ulti. (Still haven't used this myself, but in theory should work and give you extra time).

Edited by Myocarde

Despite all her flaws I love my Walkyr.

When things become very hard I'm a healer of downed members and only a blocker of dangerous way.  I could also "tank" some bosses. As a matter of fact I only use Hysteria and ripline, and I'm on the way to forma (already done on one) the other power slots.

Do you think that Rage could be usefull in between Hysteria time In case of deep crisis ?

Ok, thanks for the advice. I have found Rage, I have to make some tests.

Sadly, the frame is generally weak in a lot of spot,we play in team (little clan), and my only real power is to revive fallen comrades under heavy fire. The fact that Walkyr don't have any real AOE is a real drawback in mid-level missions...

I think you guys are missing the point with Rage etc. With that she feels like a Rhino that can't shoot. I want Valkyr to be her own frame. Right now she is a FailRhino mixed with a FailBanshee. She is a cross but not as good as either individually. :P Without her #4 up she goes down faster than Banshee in a fire fight. She doesn't have as good of stun/knockdown and her mobility is about equal to excalibur if a little hard to control. I want something to set her apart. I am really starting to think that she just needs a way to heal herself. Maybe her #4 could also grant a regeneration. Make her #2/3 more effective and she'd be perfect. Then you could use #4 when you are about to die in a firefight instead of hiding in a corner until you find some health. Heh.

I gotta say I do wish Valkyr was slightly more sturdy, however ripline is amazing and scores you kills even if you use it to do nothing but hide from enimies!

How to maximize ripline sniping:

Step 1.  Equip Bow with Puncture, Frost, Fire, Blast, Smite Grineer, +Damage mod, and others.  (Multi works on bows?)

Step 2.  Choose a Grineer Survival Map.

Step 3.  Find the biggest room, preferabbly the one with two giant generators.

Step 4.  Ripline against the slightly curving wall and land on Generator.  The wall has round glass circles placed Vertically.

Otherwise, just get in a high place you can't normally reach in a large room.

Step 5.  Kill.

For Grineer you'll be perfectly safe until the guys who launch exploding missles show up.  Grineer snipers might also be a problem, however they are few and far between.

That is just one skill. I haven't tried it on any Corpus maps with Lanka yet but i'm sure if you can find a large room with a normally unnaccessable perch then Lanka leveling will be just as easy.  

Since Valkyr is so flimsy I recommend this over trying to use a shotty or mid range rifle.  If team mates give you grief over this tactic just play a Survival Solo.  Enemy sense, Continuity, Streamline, and the Ultimate will make sure you can get pick ups and/or complete the mission when you need to.

Again this is just one skill, and it makes you extremely hard to hit and helps you level up your weapons, almost without interruption. 

It's just a shame that her ult doesn't really help you kill anything faster then you already can with a great firearm or sword anyways.   I do wish that the claws had longer range or that Valkyr would take a few quick steps forward like the Dual Fang.  That weapon just has such great pull to help you close the distance between riflemen.

Valkyr is, sadly, the best example to show that Health/Armour tanking just doesn't. freaking. work.

Rejuvenation needs to be made viable, or Warframes all need some sort of innate Health regeneration.

EXACTLY, Rhino is the only real melee tank. Frost is decent as well but really Frost is better defense than melee tank because snow globe doesn't move. Valkyr and Saryn both need a complete overhaul to be viable in melee builds.

I suppose that with her high amount of shields she was expected to take the least health damage out of all frames.

But that doesn't change the fact that shields regenerate and health doesn't.

I think you're on the wrong frame. She has next to no shields.

It is real bad. The more I play, the more I'm starting to dislike Valkyr. She might have high Health and Armour, but her low Shields means that she will almost always take Health damage.

A little bit here.

A little bit there.

Some more over here.

And some more over there.

Eventually you'll end up with >100 Health with half the map left to clear out. The enemy wins by attrition. Health Orbs are too few and too far between.

EDIT: Also Health Orbs do not scale. 25 Health per Orb is nothing to Valkyr.

Agreed.

Have you tried using Hysteria almost completely with the use of Continuity and Streamline? The damage I sustain in between the gaps where I don't use Hysteria is negligible and almost always come out on top in terms of damage when playing with others(With lowest damage recieved as well.). Also, you can use Valkyrs other abilities during Hysteria. I see no reason to spend the majority of my time playing Valkyr without Hysteria.

That is her problem. If you aren't running a hysteria build you are useless. And in a team fight you are still useless compared to other frames because you are hitting only 1-2 enemies at a time while everyone else spams thier 4 ability to instakill.