The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It`s A Little Too Early But... Valkyr Prime

ErickJatobA

Personally i feel that whenever Valkyr's prime variant arrives, it should be heavily armored. Her lore indicates that she cast off her armor from a "millenia of wars". So it would make sense that the first version would have armor.

But would she really be the same with her suit repaired? I dunno, just wouldn't feel right... I mean, what would she have to go Berserk over if she wasn't tortured and stripped by Alad V?

But would she really be the same with her suit repaired? I dunno, just wouldn't feel right... I mean, what would she have to go Berserk over if she wasn't tortured and stripped by Alad V?

Well the suits are different from the Tenno wearing them. Just as Valkyr Tenno discarded their armor, there's nothing keeping them from picking those up again. Old suits, same tenno.

Well the suits are different from the Tenno wearing them. Just as Valkyr Tenno discarded their armor, there's nothing keeping them from picking those up again. Old suits, same tenno.

Yes, but a Valkyr Prime would not be Valkyr as we know her; in character or abilities. She would have to have an entirely new set of abilities, because Valkyr's current incarnation is a result of being a survivor of the Zanuka Project. She kinda lost it back there, y'know?

EDIT: LIke what Cybernetix said in a post above mine.

Edited by Brimir

Let's not forget that she could easily have been a half-dissected iteration of one of the existing warframes.

Indeed. That or she is the half-dissected iteration of a Warframe only existing in the extended lore at the moment -  a Warframe who would be entirely different than what she is now. Which is why a Primed version of her with the current abilities makes no sense.

Personally i feel that whenever Valkyr's prime variant arrives, it should be heavily armored. Her lore indicates that she cast off her armor from a "millenia of wars". So it would make sense that the first version would have armor.

Is this why she is so squish?

makes perfect sense really

Valkyr before the experiments should look different and have different powers

her prime would have her armor complete

this is another reason why i really dont think they thought it through with her design, her armor has been stripped but she has the most armor of any warframe? more than rhino? it just doesnt make any sense

Maybe the armor is a coefficient of absorption and flexibility of the frame...

And with the dissections the corpus could have removed some of the "shield generator" of her...

maintain her armor and making her have low shields

From a lore perspective, valkyr can't be primed because her current berserker status wasn't how she was created. However, the frame she was before (which doesn't appear to be a prime) could be released as a regular frame and then primed.

Or we could slap on a lotus emblem, some metallic blue and we've got ourselves the first vandal frame.

exactly my point... with the zanuka project they turned she into another frame... i mentioned a prime version because these primes, as DE described, are the original Warframes design made by the orokin, so I just want to see the orginal Valkyr... I am just curious how DE will handle this frame... a Vandal Valkyr, could use some use... like, lotus trying to cure Valkyr of her Rage by repairing her dissected tissue.

And with that in mind, DE could make classes of frames, like Vandal Excal and a Berserker Excal(ok to much '0').

any way sorry the bad english.

I'd be very interested to see where that text came from. I did think that some on the nodules on the 'Frame looked like armour attachment points.

Yes, but a Valkyr Prime would not be Valkyr as we know her; in character or abilities. She would have to have an entirely new set of abilities, because Valkyr's current incarnation is a result of being a survivor of the Zanuka Project. She kinda lost it back there, y'know?

EDIT: LIke what Cybernetix said in a post above mine.

Not really,

A single Tenno was driven feral due to Corpus experimentation, and it would seem their Warframe from the Valkyr line was both damaged by the Corpus _and_ altered by the rage of the pilot. Remember Warframes don't go mad, Tenno do, but Warframes can, seemingly, react to the pilots madness if its strong enough.

We then build out own copies of the "twisted" Warframe for our Tenno, which helps us channel _our_ rage even though we were never experimented on.

I would imagine that the original Valkr Warframe-line had very similar abilities related to channeling aggression, after all when you factor out the PTSD the rest of the abilities do sound like they could be a Norse-based Valkyrie tribute: 

Lasso/mobility tool (Flying across the battlefield)

Intimidate/inspire

"Shield" bash

Short-term melee invincibility (Just switch out the claws)

Edited by SilentMobius

There's nothing pointing towards that, but quite a lot of evidence pointing towards Alad V corrupting her and unleashing her "rage" giving her the abilities she has now. I very much doubt those were the original abilities of her Warframe.

Food for thought: If the only thing stopping us (as we saw from Hayden in darkSector) from succumbing to the Technocyte Plague and becoming an infested is the fact that the pain hasn't driven us crazy and allowed the virus to take over, then why isn't the obviously insane Valkyr an infested?

Anyhow, there shouldn't/can't be a prime of Valkyr as she wasn't created by the Orokin. Valkyr was made in the Corpus labs, hence, there can't be a version of her from over 3000 years ago. I'm guessing they modified an existing frame, such as Mag, Nova, Nyx, etc, along with their own technology to get Valkyr.

Anyhow, there shouldn't/can't be a prime of Valkyr as she wasn't created by the Orokin. Valkyr was made in the Corpus labs, hence, there can't be a version of her from over 3000 years ago. I'm guessing they modified an existing frame, such as Mag, Nova, Nyx, etc, along with their own technology to get Valkyr.

Valkyr started out as a different Warframe from what we have now. She was tortured and experimented on (which is why parts of her suit is missing). She wasn't actually "made" by the Corpus in the sense that they manufactured her.

makes perfect sense really

Valkyr before the experiments should look different and have different powers

her prime would have her armor complete

this is another reason why i really dont think they thought it through with her design, her armor has been stripped but she has the most armor of any warframe? more than rhino? it just doesnt make any sense

and angel wings decoration sticking out behind her head instead of the two metal prongs... I am sure she is called Valkyr for a reason.

I'd be very interested to see where that text came from. I did think that some on the nodules on the 'Frame looked like armour attachment points.

I'm not sure where i saw it, it could have been from a discarded description i worked on as a translator, or it could have been from a livestream.

Valkyr should have had alternate looks of current female warframes. And random stripped down helmets for alternates. Zanuka was about combining warframes into a single entity. Valkyr should have looked more like that concept. It would have no prime as they were at one time Mags, Embers, Nyxs. Could have also been more androgynous, easily accomplished by making it more beastial like some Hyde complex. So really, any frame. So no matter what they had been, they are now a raging Valkyr.

But they went with sexy butt and boobie tubes.

Edited by Firetempest

Valkyr should have had alternate looks of current female warframes. And random stripped down helmets for alternates. Zanuka was about combining warframes into a single entity. Valkyr should have looked more like that concept. It would have no prime as they were at one time Mags, Embers, Nyxs. Could have also been more androgynous, easily accomplished by making it more beastial like some Hyde complex. So really, any frame. So no matter what they had been, they are now a raging Valkyr.

But they went with sexy butt and boobie tubes.

Uhm, no. Valkyr had parts of her stripped to be used in the Zanuka Project which is Alad V's pet "dog". Valkyr herself isn't made up of different Warframes.

I'm not sure where i saw it, it could have been from a discarded description i worked on as a translator, or it could have been from a livestream.

oh,now i know why you are a community moderator,you translate stuff for DE :D (but..aren't there specific DE's for translating stuff? like DE_Ami for Japanese ecc...?)

oh,now i know why you are a community moderator,you translate stuff for DE :D (but..aren't there specific DE's for translating stuff? like DE_Ami for Japanese ecc...?)

Maybe in part due to that, since as my title says i'm also a mod for the PT forums. But since i'm also a (relatively speaking) old active community member with good enough english skills i was invited to join the team :).

And yeah there are specific DE's for translating stuff. They pretty much head the teams just as Rebecca and Megan head the ComMod team. Translating everything is far too much work for just one or two people to do alone, not to mention that these guys (such as Zorro, Ami, Caio and etc) also work with the language-specific support tickets and in-game chat moderating.

So we help them as much as we can.

stuff,

i'm too a (relatively speaking) old active member, but for the first times, (i play since U5,if i don't remember wrong,but my forum activity has started with U8/U9) and i have very good english skills,but i haven't made a lot of posts xD.

MAYBE IN THE P.S I'VE SAID TOO MANY PERSONAL INFORMATIONS,DAMN ME XD.

P.S: never underestimate my english skills,i said to my english teacher when i got a very high mark at..was it B2?

if you don't know what B2 stands for, it's the council of europe level(actually doing the next level,C1 this year :D)

source:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_European_Framework_of_Reference_for_Languages