Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why The Hell Is Vile Precision Still -Recoil?

shut

It's been a while now, and we've had no response to this. The hype has died down over time, but that doesn't mean that the issue is any less valid.

Right now, Vile Precision reduces the recoil of a weapon at the cost of a large chunk of fire rate.

- It is a direct downgrade to Stabilizer in literally every way.

- It exists only to stack with Stabilizer. Considering that there is no longer any weapon at all (including recoil demons like Burston and Hind) that requires Vile Precision upon having a maxed Stabilizer installed, this mod is nearly useless, unless you don't have Stabilizer.

- It was designed as a counter to Heavy Caliber's recoil increase. Heavy Caliber no longer increases recoil, which is responsible for the above point. Nothing will ever need Vile Precision, no matter what the mod build, as Stabilizer will reduce the recoil to pretty much diddly squat.

- Heavy Caliber no longer has a counter. Unlike nearly all other Corrupted mods, your only option to avoid its downside is to avoid the mod entirely. This is very bad news for weapons such as Bows and Sniper Rifles, who rely on their one-hit-KO capabilities rather than DPS.

So:

Can we replace the "- Recoil" on Vile Precision with "- Bullet Spread"?

Right now, VP is useless. It was designed to counter Heavy Caliber. Let's keep it that way.

(Also, same goes to Secondary weapon counterparts.)

Edited by SortaRandom

Your formatting was wonky, not sure what is going on.

Yes, Vile Precision needs tweaking. Also the 2 effects on the mod are actually doing the same thing even though the they sound different. Having a low firerate may result in lower overall recoil for guns such as Grakata and the reduced recoil is also added into the gun. For guns that aren't full auto, I guess the added time between shots doesn't really make recoil an issue.

Edited by ChaliceSoul

Game development is an ongoing endeavor. I wouldn't mind this change at the moment, but just because they leave it alone at this arbitrarily selected instant in time doesn't mean they're ignoring it. It may have use in the future. I'm glad that in the past I kept guns I liked even if they weren't amazing stats, as many of them have uses in Damage 2.0. I'm still keeping my resist mods and continue to fusion my sentinel armor mod towards max.

Time marches on.

Edited by VKhaun

Game development is an ongoing endeavor. I wouldn't mind this change at the moment, but just because they leave it alone at this arbitrarily selected instant in time doesn't mean they're ignoring it. It may have use in the future. I'm glad that in the past I kept guns I liked even if they weren't amazing stats, as many of them have uses in Damage 2.0. I'm still keeping my resist mods and continue to fusion my sentinel armor mod towards max.

Time marches on.

True though this may be, I really doubt that they're going to add another mod that increases weapon recoil. Even if they did, HC would still be without a counter, which is a big no-no among Corrupted mods.

It should improve Accuracy, not Recoil.

I would like this change very much, yes. Even on gun with a wild kick like the Grakata, -60% recoil from Stabilizer is enough to make it controllable. Changing the benefit to improved accuracy would give Vile Precision a unique niche because no other mod currently improves accuracy.

Plus it would allow you to customize your gun with Heavy Caliber.

You fire larger caliber rounds which do more damage, but because you use Vile Precision to maintain the Accuracy, you fire them slower.

Would probably be pretty cool on the Gorgon.

"Thunk....Thunk... Thunk... Thunk, Thunk, Thunk THUNKTHUNKTHUNK!"

If only it would modify the firing sound too, it would be perfect :D

Edited by Brimir

• 1 month later...