Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Katana Weapon Please!

Hanzo29

Hehe, I aim to amuse.  That Grineer Gladius is pretty fly on your DA page.  I like your style and the crisp cleanness of the presentation.  How much time does it take for you to produce one of these?  Very impressive, and I'm looking forward to more of your designs.

Hehe, I aim to amuse.  That Grineer Gladius is pretty fly on your DA page.  I like your style and the crisp cleanness of the presentation.  How much time does it take for you to produce one of these?  Very impressive, and I'm looking forward to more of your designs.

thanks. well about 2 hours id say. the katana took a little less cause i didnt actually sketch it on paper. but i did with the gladius so it took longer.

That would be cool if De creates it with special animations too. Like in this video

I think to an animation where after use the sword than take back to the scabbard the sword and use it just like a real samurai... .. it's could be a perfect ninja style when you run around and do quick slashes.

And the charge attack could be a forward slash like here:

Okay, people who are arguing that Katanas are really bad weapons, you're right and that's true. They're mostly gone in reality for a reason.

But this is a game. Bows and Arrows are S#&$ weapons compared to sniper rifles and shotguns that we could easily silence with space tech. But it's a game so we have Bows and Arrows. Skin tight outfits that lack much armor are a really bad idea when you could easily stick heavy armor plates in places that don't restrict movement but increase surviveability, but it's a game so looks and fantasy take place over use.

Half the layout of the ships make no sense, not to mention there's times when we just hang out by unprotected ENGINES and they just randomly shut off life support just because. It's fantasy. It's fake. I get that you don't like a weapon, but using reality isn't a good excuse.

*eyeroll*

The Katana is a terrible sword. The only reason you and those like you are interested in it is because it's been romanticized by Anime and movies.

Actually, a Katana does something most other swords don't.  Keep a sharp edge longer.  Because of it's reverse teardrop shape, it's design allows it to remain sharp longer, and with less maintenance.  However, it's incredibly fragile and the steel used is pretty poor.

But a 'Space Katana' is a much different weapon, and frankly even if this is a 'longsword', the game needs to make longswords better anyway.

its like skana, but cooler, they should definitely make this, but with different movesets, like a samurai closer moveset. if not, go for a skin.

They need to redo ALL the Longsword animations to be more Kenjutsu style.  Because all of the weapon swings at the moment are Western or just pretty bad (Longswords.)

that animation doesn't represent Katana, that is Chinese Sword Martial Arts not Japanese Samurai.

Yes Hiki is correct this is Correct the form your lookign at is chinese. It would drive culture nazi's like us crazyl.

"ok Kids here's a small history lesson"

But i think i know what you mean. you're looking for a Japanese sword style called Iaijutsu. its focus is wielding a Katana from the draw. so a one handed Katana style "as opposed to the two handed style". including the scabbard.

to explain the difference further. the Character in the video you've shown is using a form kungfu and wielding a Jian, a straight Chinese sword that is double sided, so there are upward stokes using the back edge which you cannot do with a Katana. as it is curved, and has one sharp edge.

Both are awesome though. and i would like to see a Jian like that in the game. i will probably design one eventually and you can post your vid again lol.