Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Magnus

Wallace24

downloaded the update, first thing I did was go to the marketplace to grab that Magnus BP and started crafting it. next thing I did was to check out the codex to get a good look at what the Magnus is all about. reminded me of the vasto at first, but instead of slash damage, it's primarily impact damage. lex would make up the third member of this trio, with mainly puncture damage. lex has higher damage, but that's not important. what's important is the 20% status chance and 20% crit chance on this new beast of a handgun

so I beg of you, DE, please do not nerf them. I will use this handgun almost exclusively if you leave its stats at 20%, which is a solid value. its a fun little niche that you nerfed the boar prime and jaw sword out of. I just don't want that to happen to this weapon as well

so I don't really know if this was properly feedback, but I didn't really know where else to put it. also, possibly getting dual magnus or akmagnus in the future, to follow the trend of the aforementioned vasto and lex? I'm feeling Twin Magnus on this one. then again, having those crit and status rates buffed in typical akimbo fashion would make the twin magnus extremely beastly, and would make me regret the potatoes and forma I plan on putting into the single Magnus

just wanted to say thanks for another cool weapon

nerf it to hell!!!!

bows all need buffs anyways. Cernos @ 30 Base damage???? and we all used to think the paris was bad @ 45 base. Cernos at least needs to be brought up to the base dmg of the paris.

this is true. but I like how DE's releasing weapons such that you can have any type of damage you want for a certain weapon type (bows, shotguns, these revolver/magnum style pistols, etc.)

Since Damage 2.0, I've started using weapons that I've shelfed a long time ago.

I like being able to use anything and everything I own.

yeah, right? its kinda cool. I really wanted to use my bronco prime again, but brakk is literally a direct upgrade, barring impact damage. but this gun has impact damage, so it can just replace the bronco prime in my faction coverage/well-rounded setup. currently its ignis with gas damage for grineer mainly but also effective agianst infested and corpus crewmen, bronco prime (impact) with electric or magnetism, and blast damage orthos. seems to be pretty balanced

I was looking at these, and it kinda had me wondering...

Their base damage is 45, which is... less than a Vasto. >.>

Their Clip size is 8, more than a Vasto.

I couldn't see anything on reload. :x

and it has a fire rate of... 5.8? Last time I checked that's... decently fast?

and I'm not sure how accurate it is, but for being something named the Magnus, which sounds like Magnum... it doesn't sound like the Hand Cannon it's advertising itself as so far.

and I'm not sure how accurate it is, but for being something named the Magnus, which sounds like Magnum... it doesn't sound like the Hand Cannon it's advertising itself as so far.

Agreed.

If you're going to name something after me, it better hit hard. D:<

So far it's decent. I dropped a potatoe on it and have my Survival-grind build going on right now.

Like all weapons, Mercury/Earth Grineer are best to grind on early levels, as even with high impact damage, it takes too many shots to break a shield from Corpus.

... I'm not even talking like a power 'creep'. I'm just comparing it to weapons of what are supposed to be similar 'tier'. (The Lex and the Vastos) from stats alone. Once I finish building mine (That 24 hour build time) I'm gonna have to test to see how I think it flows. I"m just saying, from the stats, I'm seeing minimal reasons to use it over either the Vasto or the Lex (let alone the Akimbo variants.)

NERF NERF THIS NERF NERF THAT

the most annoying word in all vocabulary, down grading the weapon when u say they powerful is just plain stupid, when you know they are not powerful to begin with unless you mod them, then someone will ask to NERF the mods to make more viable and to balance the game.......<======BS, NERFING A WEAPONS is NEVER gonna make the game into a BALANCE GAME....

why am I even wasting typing this.....when this is a stupid NERF ADDICT for people to argue.....I mean really this is a waste of time. never gonna come back to this thread....Tired of this ....

i guess every time there is a new weapon most of the people will say i don't like the stats its making it look OP OP it needs a NERF BLAH BLAH BLAH.....<======not balancing the game

Edited by edryuu

the most annoying word in all vocabulary, down grading the weapon when u say they powerful is just plain stupid, when you know they are not powerful to begin with unless you mod them, then someone will ask to NERF the mods to make more viable and to balance the game.......<======BS, NERFING A WEAPONS is NEVER gonna make the game into a BALANCE GAME....

why am I even wasting typing this.....when this is a stupid NERF ADDICT for people to argue.....I mean really this is a waste of time. never gonna come back to this thread....Tired of this ....

i guess every time there is a new weapon most of the people will say i don't like the stats its making it look OP OP it needs a NERF BLAH BLAH BLAH.....<======not balancing the game

Because everything is going to be balanced if we only ever buff things. Keep @(*()&#036; dreaming, bud.

that grammer thou.

Dude, I am sorry but you need to stop going with the crowd and rallying for no-nerfing. You cannot balance a game without buffs AND nerfs, it just doesn't work.

that grammer thou.

Dude, I am sorry but you need to stop going with the crowd and rallying for no-nerfing. You cannot balance a game without buffs AND nerfs, it just doesn't work.

While this is true, calling for a nerf on the Magnus, of all things, is utter bullS#&amp;&#036; and anyone with a grain of common sense can see it. Its stats make it equal to the vasto, which is hardly over powered

hehehehe.....wait, you are serious? HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

you know this is like the vasto but for coprus, right?

hardly power creep. a lot of sidearms are already way better than this.

Who gives a damn about the damage type. The problem is the 20% proc chance, coupled with blast damage and 180% multishot you will stunlock every mob on your screen, basically a crap version of the brakk.

Who gives a damn about the damage type. The problem is the 20% proc chance, coupled with blast damage and 180% multishot you will stunlock every mob on your screen, basically a crap version of the brakk.

basically a crap version of the brakk.

a crap version

So if it's a crap version, how is this possibly a PROBLEM?

Wow. With that logic if we had a gun that did 5 damage a shot before mods and had 25% status it'd be OP. Lt's just leave that there so you can look at how stupid that sounds.

So if it's a crap version, how is this possibly a PROBLEM?

The problem is that Brakk is about ten times better than any other weapon atm and there is no reason to use anything else unless you didn't participate in the event. It's completely broken.

Wow. With that logic if we had a gun that did 5 damage a shot before mods and had 25% status it'd be OP. Lt's just leave that there so you can look at how stupid that sounds.

Why do you think logic applied to a 45 damage gun can carry over to a 5 damage one? If you want to make a good argument you should cut down on the hyperbole.

you kill enemies in 2 shots. stuning it before the second one isnt OP at all, it´s just redundant.

The problem is that Brakk is about ten times better than any other weapon atm and there is no reason to use anything else unless you didn't participate in the event. It's completely broken.

Why do you think logic applied to a 45 damage gun can carry over to a 5 damage one? If you want to make a good argument you should cut down on the hyperbole.

Well excuse me for being sick and tired of people asking for weapons to be nerfed into the ground with no legitimate reason at all. Yes, the Brakk is overpowered. Yes, it needs a nerf even if only in status and CRIT. The Magnus, however, is extremely well balanced, and needs no nerf.

Ask for nerfs where they need to be, not on every damn item that you please.