Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Magnus

Wallace24

20% status chance with 180% multistory sounds like a killer combo to me 

ad stunning speed to cut the 2 second reload and imagine the CC with a Blast loadout 

A Blast loadout? Isn't this supposed to be a Corpus weapon? And isn't Blast the worst loadout against Corpus?

I'm clearly missing something.

A Blast loadout? Isn't this supposed to be a Corpus weapon? And isn't Blast the worst loadout against Corpus?

I'm clearly missing something.

The 2 second AoE knockdowns that come with blast procs is what you miss. Also blast does fine against anything, not spectacular but enough to do it's job.

The 2 second AoE knockdowns that come with blast procs is what you miss. Also blast does fine against anything, not spectacular but enough to do it's job.

Oh thanks, yes I missed that.

But the point is that Blast damage does -25% to shields, which is a bit bad against Corpus; for Grineers is good, as you said not spectacular but good, but I really think it would be best to use 2 or 3 different loadouts for this weapon instead of trying to use a multi faction one!

Oh thanks, yes I missed that.

But the point is that Blast damage does -25% to shields, which is a bit bad against Corpus; for Grineers is good, as you said not spectacular but good, but I really think it would be best to use 2 or 3 different loadouts for this weapon instead of trying to use a multi faction one!

Corrosive for Grineer, Fire + Slash for Infested, Magnetic for the Corpus.

The problem is that Brakk is about ten times better than any other weapon atm and there is no reason to use anything else unless you didn't participate in the event. It's completely broken.

Your comparison is completely, totally, terrible. The Brakk has a 10% status chance and shoots 10 bullets, each of which procs individually (and can penetrate and proc again with mods etc.). That's an average of a 100% chance to proc (before penetration) - thus status mods actually do something, too, because the pathetic-seeming 10% of 10% or whatever one might add becomes effectively, well, a REAL 10%! Further, because the shots scatter around a bit, AOE CC is particularly likely.

The Brakk also does 150 damage. Not 45.

So you are comparing a 100% status chance to 20%, and 150 damage to 45 damage.

And demanding a nerf to the latter. What... The Brakk probably does need a nerf of some kind - but you are comparing five times the status chance AND more than triple the damage, and claiming it's the same? What...

Edited by Eurhetemec

Your comparison is completely, totally, terrible.

Are you partially blind or just have terribly short memory? Let me remind you what I said:

Crap version of the brakk.

If you don't see the blatant implication that Brakk is grossly, insanely out of whack with the general balance then you need to pay far more attention when reading.

Edited by Rhorge

Your comparison is completely, totally, terrible. The Brakk has a 10% status chance and shoots 10 bullets, each of which procs individually (and can penetrate and proc again with mods etc.). That's an average of a 100% chance to proc (before penetration)

Not to be a probability Nazi, but since each chance is an independant event you're oversimplifying the math. A 10% chance x 10 pellets gives you ~65% chance for at least 1 proc. Still very respectable odds (especially with the Brakk's rate of fire) but not as good as 100%.

10% proc = 90% no-proc

10 consecutive no-procs = 90%^10 = ~34.blah%

100% - 34.blah% = 65.blah% of 1 or more procs

Vasto reload of 1

Magnus 2

With 20% status proc stunning speed would be a good investment.

Pistol crit mods kinda crappy but if it has v polarities already they would definitely fit well.

yeah, the reload speed is what gets it. but the lex (puncture version in this trio) also has a slow reload time, so vasto is the outlier in this case. brakk also has a reload speed of 1, which is very unfortunate, as its predecessor the bronco prime has a 2 second reload time as well. I really wish the bronco prime were viable

There's going to be a Twin Magnus. If there's an Aklex, there will be an akimbo version of Magnus. Hmm, even though I'm a fan of dual weapons, I hope they give a reason to keep single Magnus over Twin Magnus.

me too, because at this point, I plan to put a few formas into it, and I've already potatoed it. does come with one V polarity slot, for the record

The problem is that Brakk is about ten times better than any other weapon atm and there is no reason to use anything else unless you didn't participate in the event. It's completely broken.

Why do you think logic applied to a 45 damage gun can carry over to a 5 damage one? If you want to make a good argument you should cut down on the hyperbole.

I remember when acrid was OP. but the brakk is just too well-balanced to have any competition at this point. its not a jack of all trades, its more of a king of all trades. not the ace (necessarily), but pretty close to it. however, this is not a brakk comparison thread, I just don't want DE to nerf this like they did with all the other status chances. not that 20% status chance is OP, because its not really, but its just something that makes the magnus stand out from the other handguns. fun fact, the boar prime had a 50% status chance when damage 2.0 came out. I immediately potatoed it for that reason alone, then it was nerfed. twice. I'm not bitter..

Well excuse me for being sick and tired of people asking for weapons to be nerfed into the ground with no legitimate reason at all. Yes, the Brakk is overpowered. Yes, it needs a nerf even if only in status and CRIT. The Magnus, however, is extremely well balanced, and needs no nerf.

Ask for nerfs where they need to be, not on every damn item that you please.

this would be a reasonable fix, I think. the brakk would still be a powerful gun in that case, but it wouldn't overshadow every gun in every aspect if you tweaked the status chance or crit chance

Not to be a probability Nazi, but since each chance is an independant event you're oversimplifying the math. A 10% chance x 10 pellets gives you ~65% chance for at least 1 proc. Still very respectable odds (especially with the Brakk's rate of fire) but not as good as 100%.

10% proc = 90% no-proc

I like the math, thank you for this

Are you partially blind or just have terribly short memory? Let me remind you what I said:

If you don't see the blatant implication that Brakk is grossly, insanely out of whack with the general balance then you need to pay far more attention when reading.

So you've come to the Magnus thread to cry about the Brakk? Seriously?

10% proc = 90% no-proc

Math is right, but you're forgetting Barrel Diffusion and Lethal Torrent.

There is an ~88% chance of a proc going off with a double shot.  ~96% with a triple shot, which is 80% of the time.

Edited by Uttrik

Math is right, but you're forgetting Barrel Diffusion and Lethal Torrent.

There is an ~88% chance of a proc going off with a double shot.  ~96% with a triple shot, which is 80% of the time.

That sounds about right to me. I'm just here to address the misconception that a 10% chance x 10 trials = 100%; it doesn't.

It's a surprisingly pervasive idea & I hate to think of my fellow tenno with their noses pressed into the stinky armpit of defeat due to a math error.

downloaded the update, first thing I did was go to the marketplace to grab that Magnus BP and started crafting it. next thing I did was to check out the codex to get a good look at what the Magnus is all about. reminded me of the vasto at first, but instead of slash damage, it's primarily impact damage. lex would make up the third member of this trio, with mainly puncture damage. lex has higher damage, but that's not important. what's important is the 20% status chance and 20% crit chance on this new beast of a handgun

so I beg of you, DE, please do not nerf them. I will use this handgun almost exclusively if you leave its stats at 20%, which is a solid value. its a fun little niche that you nerfed the boar prime and jaw sword out of. I just don't want that to happen to this weapon as well

so I don't really know if this was properly feedback, but I didn't really know where else to put it. also, possibly getting dual magnus or akmagnus in the future, to follow the trend of the aforementioned vasto and lex? I'm feeling Twin Magnus on this one. then again, having those crit and status rates buffed in typical akimbo fashion would make the twin magnus extremely beastly, and would make me regret the potatoes and forma I plan on putting into the single Magnus

just wanted to say thanks for another cool weapon

You know they're gonna nerf the ever-loving S#&$ out of it and claim it was for balance/fixing errors.

• 1 month later...

Warframe is focused on teamplay(co-op) style,so why the hell u guys want DE to nerf some weapon?

What's the point of nerfing weapon in this game anyway...

The stronger ur team the better ur result...the hell is wrong with ur mind guys?

Welcome to Warframe, where people want things they don't/can't have to be nerfed into the ground because.... reasons I guess.

downloaded the update, first thing I did was go to the marketplace to grab that Magnus BP and started crafting it. next thing I did was to check out the codex to get a good look at what the Magnus is all about. reminded me of the vasto at first, but instead of slash damage, it's primarily impact damage. lex would make up the third member of this trio, with mainly puncture damage. lex has higher damage, but that's not important. what's important is the 20% status chance and 20% crit chance on this new beast of a handgun

so I beg of you, DE, please do not nerf them. I will use this handgun almost exclusively if you leave its stats at 20%, which is a solid value. its a fun little niche that you nerfed the boar prime and jaw sword out of. I just don't want that to happen to this weapon as well

so I don't really know if this was properly feedback, but I didn't really know where else to put it. also, possibly getting dual magnus or akmagnus in the future, to follow the trend of the aforementioned vasto and lex? I'm feeling Twin Magnus on this one. then again, having those crit and status rates buffed in typical akimbo fashion would make the twin magnus extremely beastly, and would make me regret the potatoes and forma I plan on putting into the single Magnus

just wanted to say thanks for another cool weapon

Lex and vasto both have dual versions.... Dual Magnus is coming. Thats the only reason i dont use the magnus