Wikia Contributions

Question

Hey all.

I am a contributer on the wiki (http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/WARFRAME_Wiki) And i am wondering what people think about it. What does it need? what pages are good? what needs improvement? is there a page missing?

We are constantly looking for more info to put up. The contributers do a lot of research and find out numbers for ourselves. It is all about getting the info to other players and we got a lot of data up now. would love to hear input for changes and confirming info. PLZ! Go take a look at it and let us know what we need to add/change. there are also a few surveys to vote on.

Remember that at the bottum of every article is a comments section. you can ask anything about the article there, or let the authors know about new info/wrong info....

And if you are really inclined to do so, become a contributer and write it up yourself! Always looking for more help. we got a preatty good team so far from verious places in the world. also check out their blogs there.

happy hunting, Tenno!

Check the boss page of Pluto please !

check these 2 pages !

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Ambulas

http://warframe.wiki.../wiki/Arn_Etina

but on first look it still says " Arn_Etina the final boss of Pluto system" misleading !

i tried editing but some how fails everytime !

It still says that he was replaced by Ambulas

On the Excal page it still says " Excal BPs are droped by Arn_Etina"

i edited the excal page tho !

Edited by Zyfe3rX

I think the Warframes page (http://warframe.wiki.../wiki/Warframes) could use an overhaul with links to all the Warframes and a short description for every one. Also an overview for the Helmets would be nice as I think there will be more comming.

Yeah, the nav bar for them is a little obscure. will work on making it more obvious. It is actually at the top and bottum.

I don't know what you mean about the short overview... there are 13 lines of description and a quote from warframe.

As for helmets, http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Helmet I hope there are more than just helmets coming!

it still says " Arn_Etina the final boss of Pluto system" misleading !

i tried editing but some how fails everytime !

It still says that he was replaced by Ambulas

i edited the page. made it more obvious. does that help?

Could make a page on the ranking system in game because i would like to know the levelcap and stuff with mastery rank

There is one.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Mastery_Rank

There is not a whole lot about it, as its still a system that is just barely used.

Big props to our Wikia Community for doing such an awesome job!

Thanks! Really hoping that update 7 note gives lots of numbers so we can get the info up FAST! ;]

I know I tend to forget about it from time to time, can they get a link in the community tab?

oh, good idea!!

i'm having some difficultys loading the images on the wiki unless i click them directly, if someone could shed some light on that or help me out with this i'd be eternaly grateful since i'm a regular on the wiki

i have heard of this before on computers that are part of an intrenet. to reduce data trafic, they block media to pages unless it is directly to the page with the image/video (i.e. example.x/image.png). i don't know if you are on intrenet (different from internet), but if you are, ask your administrator about it. if you are not, then you might need to check the settings on your browser. There may be some caviot to loading images. or maybe your virus protection is blocking images from wikia.com.... there are a number of things it can be. i hope that helps some.....

i have heard of this before on computers that are part of an intrenet. to reduce data trafic, they block media to pages unless it is directly to the page with the image/video (i.e. example.x/image.png). i don't know if you are on intrenet (different from internet), but if you are, ask your administrator about it. if you are not, then you might need to check the settings on your browser. There may be some caviot to loading images. or maybe your virus protection is blocking images from wikia.com.... there are a number of things it can be. i hope that helps some.....

i'm the admin of the internet and no there is no such thing in the settings that i have. besides, other pages would glitch too i guess, but its only the warframe wiki xD

i'm the admin of the internet and no there is no such thing in the settings that i have. besides, other pages would glitch too i guess, but its only the warframe wiki xD

sdly, i am not a computer expert. all i can sugggest is either try to update your browser, or use a different one. sorry!

Have a suggestion for warframe abilities. Can add the default damages and durations for each level of the skill without mods on? For example, the Ash section listed all the damage levels for Shuriken but Ember's Fireball skill has no damage numbers yet.

Keep up the good work.

Edited by baka111

There is details missing on Pangolin,Dark,Heat and Jaw Sword.Also Daggers.

Make it more detailed,please.

I did contribute to Kraken,Bronco,the table cleanup on Control Module page,some detail cleanup on Strun,and Bo as well.

(PS:Im sorry for the 45" degree estimation on Kraken since I often used that gun on long range fight.)

Edited by R4YCH40S

add the default damages and durations for each level of the skill without mods on?

There is details missing on Pangolin, Dark, Heat and Jaw Sword. Also Daggers.

Make it more detailed,please.

Some of the contributers are working on that stuff. i have added some myself (mostly to trinity). but since many things will be changeing soon (maybe this friday!?) I think many contributers, including myself, are hesitent to instert specific data like that, at least until UD7 is out. some frames may get an over haul, but we just don't know. Once it is out, you can expect a lot of updated info. With any luck, the Dev team will give us numbers to put in the wiki. *crosses fingers*

I did contribute to Kraken,Bronco,the table cleanup on Control Module page,some detail cleanup on Strun,and Bo as well.

(PS:Im sorry for the 45" degree estimation on Kraken since I often used that gun on long range fight.)

Thank you for your help. we really like having more poeple. inserting estimates are not bad, but do include " (needs confirmation) " so that people know not to take it as proven fact, and it may encourge someone to find out.

The melee weapons need more data about their attacks. For example, some have a aoe when doing jump attacks, like Furax and Fraggor, but other weaons such as the Plasma Sword have none. The information about "loadouts" and "mods" are often very biased and not very useful at all.

yes. the weapons desperately need more data. I will try to work on getting that done. the community spends a lot of time trying to find out all the numbers and what does what. I think that a few things need to be added to the pages to encourage this more detailed info. with the release of UD7, there may be TONS more. like bullet deflection. can you get me some of that data? i try to recruit my frinds, but tis hard.

about the loadout info: yeah, its biased, but its not like its "wrong." personally, i think people should leave that info in blogs. maybe i can get that going. i will send out a message for that, but i also don't think it would be right of me to remove the info. so far, it not in the way of useful data. and who knows how many people actually find it useful. if nothing else, it gets people thinking about using the best combo. It is good to help people build better loadout with this practical, all-be-it, personal opinion, information.

Edited by Juper0

BTW Juper0,lets make a list of Wikia Contributors on Warframe.

Would be better....and DE might also come up with a reward for those that try and maintain the wikia for information on newbies.

If no one gonna start this,perhaps I can start 1st.

I go by name of RayChaos in the Wikia.

PS:Fixed spelling for Canaster(Canister) and Corps(Corpse) in Pickup Section.

Edited by R4YCH40S

PS:Fixed spelling for Canaster(Canister) and Corps(Corpse) in Pickup Section.

Thanks. I should stop editing at 3 in the morning..... :P

good idea on the contributors list thing, though, im just editing cause i like editing wiki's (does that make me weird?).

the top 19 conributors can be found here

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Leaderboard

why is it 19.... i have no idea! maybe it requires people to have 100 points to be listed.... idk.