The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ign Review On Warframe

Eremes

The problem with the microtransactions is that for new player it looks like the only way to get new weapons without a huge farm, and $60 on average will get you like, 4 weapons.

edit: but yeah, more of a first look.

I was a new player not too long ago so I suppose I'm entitled to say this is nothing.I've probaly played every single free to play game out there.When I hear people complaining about.the ''huge'' ammount of resources you need to farm for a weapon I facepalm myself hard.I don't think there is a weapon I wanted that took me more than 2 hours to farm the resources I needed.

The microtransactions are fine.Nobody is forcing you to pay.Hell , considering how generous they are , I'd pay just to support them.

It should be called first look not review.He doesn't even understands the mod mechanic.And the microtransactions are fine.I got all the weapons I wanted fairly easy.Who wants to pay , it's their decision.

This is a very bad review , comming from someone who agreed 100% with the last review we've seen that gave it 4 out of 10.

I haven't tried the new tutorial yet so I don't know if it goes over the mod mechanic. However, when I first started out, it was a bit confusing to me since there was absolutely nothing on mods. If a player has to check the wiki page or dedicate some time into discovering the most important part of customizing/upgrading their characters and weapons, something that should be obvious, something is wrong. 

Edited by Kiwilicious

Terrible review:

The reviewer, like all reviewers, don't actually play the game in-depth enough to give a good review. They just base their review off of their first impressions and from what they hear. You can see from their terrible lack of mods and arsenal that they have very little experience with the game.

Little experience = little authority to make a review. IGN is just trying to get publicity for ITSELF.

I've been playing since beta and i happen to agree with the bad points. They are still an issue despite how fun the game is.

do you realize that ALL of these flaws have been posted on the forums hundreds of time in a very constructive form. They should have known this for a long time but probably too busy adding another weapon.

That's why I'm saying this is a good thing for DE. The media is exposing some of the more fundamental flaws in this game and it's time for DE to either step it up and fix those flaws or let this game become another mediocre pastime.

a casual session of 4 hours does´t work to make a complete review, i saw several videos with people giving their impressions on just their first hour of gameplay, but those were very casual videos, ign is dedicated to this, it is expected more of profesional reviewers.

i saw those ps4 players confuse as to what to do, it should´t last more than a couple hours to see a general view of how things works, people are accostum to the overexplanation of game mechanics.

now that the ui shows more accurate the weapon stats the mod system becomes simpler to understand, but i did have to look at what the polarities were and work, but thats why communities exist.

Edited by Pavelord

How is he supposed to understand the mod mechanic when it's not explained anywhere? And sure microtransactions are fine, just not in this game. The market prices are ridiculous.

My point is , he didn't even bothered to learn first and make the review.That's not how reviews are being done.I've used external sourses like wiki to learn and it wasn't such a big philosophy.

I'm usualy very critical about warframe but this guy is clueless.

And any microtransaction is fine as long as there is a fair method to obtain it without paying that much.Spoiled kids who need to learn not to take stuff for granted.

Hi. Many of you may have seen this review and get &!$$ed about it ill just put it in details.

Those f*&^#%g idiots in IGN dont even know how to review a game. This review isnt the only case.

Thay miss a lot of good stuff and dont even know how the game is played or pay module is.

Guys I just want for everyone to know this game better and i would like to check the comments of this review.

I hope in future, generally IGN will get more info before reviewing a game. 

Feel free to leave your comments.

The review was spot on. He pretty much nailed it, you however just like the GTA 5 players that cried when GTA did not get a 10, but got a 9.5 from gamespot, are way too biased. 

And ive been playing since closed beta. the missions are still boring and there is very little of them, so repetitive this game is.. Everything is expensive except the upgrades and starting anew is horrendous as you are stuck with one warframe and starter gear and the marketplace has changed for the worse making everything expensive. new players have it tough, you are just not one of them. Missions just haven't changed much.

He is a new player so don't you think other new players feel the same?

Edited by XDeathCoreX

I was a new player not too long ago so I suppose I'm entitled to say this is nothing.I've probaly played every single free to play game out there.When I hear people complaining about.the ''huge'' ammount of resources you need to farm for a weapon I facepalm myself hard.I don't think there is a weapon I wanted that took me more than 2 hours to farm the resources I needed.

The microtransactions are fine.Nobody is forcing you to pay.Hell , considering how generous they are , I'd pay just to support them.

Does that include clan weapons?

1. A new player shouldn't be forced to farm for ~2 hours to get a new weapon, it should be a curve to that point

2. $60 for a few weapons is silly, saying "Just ignore it!" solves nothing.

And any microtransaction is fine as long as there is a fair method to obtain it without paying that much.Spoiled kids who need to learn not to take stuff for granted.

No, just because you can get X or Y for free doesn't fix the price. Oh, and good use of ad hominems.

An upside in my eyes.

I disagree.

Edited by KvotheTheArcane1

The big thing people have to remember about these "reviews" is that they not reviews at all, they are almost always first looks, and this is a great first look. It is a spectacularly bad review, but this is a pretty accurate new player, wiki-less, forum-less experience. Which is exactly what these guys are paid to do.

(Now, IGN is a bunch of idiots who are sooo skewed already, so that doesn't help, but I'd honestly like to say that is one of those reviews that gets pretty much every gripe the community has into a single video)

My point is , he didn't even bothered to learn first and make the review.That's not how reviews are being done.I've used external sourses like wiki to learn and it wasn't such a big philosophy.

Totally agree man. 

But you shouldn't have to use external sources to learn basics of a game, external sources are for stuff like optimal builds and stuff like that. Game should explain damage types, modding, movement and all other stuff like that.

Does that include clan weapons?

you can't buy clan weapons direcly with cash.

1. A new player shouldn't be forced to farm for ~2 hours to get a new weapon, it should be a curve to that point

2. $60 for a few weapons is silly, saying "Just ignore it!" solves nothing.

No, just because you can get X or Y for free doesn't fix the price. Oh, and good use of ad hominems.

I disagree.

I'll emphasise you the words free to play again.Maybe you don't understand the way this goes but nobody is forcing you to play.And if you complain about 2 hours , that you wont even feel it because you're playing the game anyway , I suggest you try other free to play games out there like PS2.

Edited by Nnazqul

But you shouldn't have to use external sources to learn basics of a game, external sources are for stuff like optimal builds and stuff like that. Game should explain damage types, modding, movement and all other stuff like that.

I completly agree with you but that's not the point I was trying to make.

you can't buy clan weapons direcly with cash.

I'll emphasise you the words free to play again.Maybe you don't understand the way this goes but nobody is forcing you to play.And if you complain about 2 hours , that you wont even feel it because you're playing the game anyway , I suggest you try other free to play games out there like PS2.

Again, $15 for a weapon is a bit silly, especially when you don't get to try it before you buy it.

And you're not "playing the game" if you're farming for a couple hours, you're farming, which gets tiresome and boring.

The game does not tell new players anything. that is the problem. Why should anyone have to refer to websites for this information? That's silly.

I've seen better tutorials and games explaining their systems, but not warframe, it's privileged info as far as it's concerned. That's why new players have it rough. They know nothing and stuck with starter equipment due to high costs.