Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AfroGamerNinja

''corrupted'' Warframe Abilities.

Sure, corrupted mods for weapons are nice and all, but wouldn't that be nice if it applies to the abilities of the Warframe? Like Rhino having a ''corrupted'' Iron Skin where while he still absorbs part of the damage, but a small part of it get redirected towards the enemy? Or Excalibur having a Super Jump with a built-in Heavy Impact? What about Valkyr having a Rip Line where instead of pulling people over, she would drain/donate health instead?

Think about it.

Those sound like direct upgrade abilities, which is a bad idea/doesn't fit with corruption. Alternate abilities/real drawback corrupted abilities would be the most logical choice should we get these.

Those sound like direct upgrade abilities, which is a bad idea/doesn't fit with corruption. Alternate abilities/real drawback corrupted abilities would be the most logical choice should we get these.

To be fair, the ''corrupted'' Super Jump would be less powerful than the original SJ+HI combo. He would jump less higher and unless you override it with, say, Slash Dash, you fall hard to the ground on your feet (again, dealing less damage than with a fully-ranked Heavy Impact). Rhino's ''Corrupted Skin'' would soak less damage, but would deal part of the damage that wasn't absorbed back to the sender. Not enough to kill it, but enough to be close to finishing the job. The ''other'' Rip Line would drain the enemy's health, but can be used to heal a single target at the expense of Valkyr's own HP. In exchange, you can no longer use it for movement or pulling people at melee range.

See what I mean?

I'm not a fan of this, really don't see the point in them. The ideas you suggested are counter productive, especially the 'other' rip line, valkyr struggles with health as is.

Plus we already have corrupted mods that positive and negative effects on abilities.

I'm not a fan of this, really don't see the point in them. The ideas you suggested are counter productive, especially the 'other' rip line, valkyr struggles with health as is.

Plus we already have corrupted mods that positive and negative effects on abilities.

That's the point of being a berserker: deal double damage, take double damage.

That's the point of being a berserker: deal double damage, take double damage.

Would only work if she had a good reliable way to regain health, which atm is only doable with equilibrium which just isn't strong enough and at times impractical (i.e. no orbs to pick up).

Would only work if she had a good reliable way to regain health, which atm is only doable with equilibrium which just isn't strong enough and at times impractical (i.e. no orbs to pick up).

Which is why when the ''other'' Rip Line is used on enemies, she drains health from them.

The ''other'' Rip Line would drain the enemy's health, but can be used to heal a single target at the expense of Valkyr's own HP.

Well this line is a little misleading then.

Do like the prime ability one but that is a lot of mods to dilute tables with. Maybe make people mash 16 low level ability mods to make a corrupted / prime one.

Why not just have common pool ability mods. Any frame can use them. Here is one for you: Tenno grenade! 

Do like the prime ability one but that is a lot of mods to dilute tables with. Maybe make people mash 16 low level ability mods to make a corrupted / prime one.

Why not just have common pool ability mods. Any frame can use them. Here is one for you: Tenno grenade! 

I'm going to change the process in getting them so that you need to be actively farming them specifically making farming them more interesting.

Don't worry the new system I have planned wont dilute the mod tables.