Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Entry 5 - Dec 5/2013 Quick Update

[DE]Steve

Soon to wrap this, then I'm full speed on solving the Forma'd slot order problem that elemental combinations have created.

• Multiple resource drone deployments, coming
  • Our new UI artist started, had a meeting and we all laughed/cried at our coder-art. We reviewed player feedback about UI problems. His first project is redo the HUD... no pressure.
  • Design is still cracking away at the new damage model. We've rewritten our statistics gathering for weapons and will be chipping away at gross imbalances. Expect more changes to the resistances and immunities as we add diversity to the enemy types and take better advantage of the new damage model.
  • The Nexus app has been rewritten and includes a mobile version of the Codex. The performance issues have been resolved and now we're anxious to hook this up to your account/live data.
  • A training section is being added to the Codex to help with new players learning all the wackiness that is Warframe. This will feature simple but cool visuals as well as rewards for going through them to encourage use.
  • Ability & Sentinel Mods have been removed from the store Mod packs and Transmutation. This helps with dilution considerably. For the time being enemies will still be dropping these.
  • I see the improved Melee system being worked on as well with a lot more animation diversity and control of your moves

This is the kind of stuff I like to read and hear about that shows you guys do actually listen to feedback sometimes :D

Wish these did come more often though.

but those are some good starting points to keep this going in the right direction.

I @(*()$ told you guys!:

• Ability & Sentinel Mods have been removed from the store Mod packs and Transmutation. This helps with dilution considerably. For the time being enemies will still be dropping these.

that's so damn awesome! 

Damn, that's a lot of shiny.

If you're working on a HUD rework, can you consider using a more prominent shield/health display? Like a big blue bar on the top or bottom of the screen or something. Numbers are nice and all, but you really don't have time to check them much in the heat of battle.

So this finally takes place after I spent a few hundred plat in order to get some mods that I had been looking for and receiving mostly sentinel/warframe abilities? Epic sighhhhhhh

Haven't been heaps active since U10 but I definitely approve of the addition of the Codex, and my activity has made a slight recovery with U11.

It does still seem to be missing a section for mission reward drops though (e.g. voids), and I would have thought this was pretty crucial - any ETA on that?

i notice the melee rework on there, a lot of people in the weapon feed back forums will shut up about the current system being useless and stale at long last

Oh please, the people on the forums will ALWAYS find something to complain about.

@ Steve you should compose your messages in this way:

- something from personal live - like " now i have new pink shorts with white polka dots".

- Molecular prime, damage decreased for 90%, no more chain reaction

- Brakk. Damage overhaul 12/10/10. Critical Chance 1.5/5%

- and so on

Comments of the crowd:

- ohmaigaud new shorts!!

- Shorts!

- polka dots!

- *.jpg

- *.png

(single person):

- shhhh so many nerfes

crowd:

- hater!11

Edited by Althix

The beard has gone only temporarily, it will come back eventually...

The closer the deadline the longer the beard... :>

I know from expierience.

Also I'm looking forward to all those changes and additions!

Edited by MeduSalem

Hey Steve, are you going to touch on any of the core issues Dmg 2.0 hasn't fixed yet?

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/134890-core-issues-still-unfixed-by-damage-20/

Like the surfeit of mods which are basically "We do the same thing as other mods for the same slot" (Sentinel mods are the worst offenders, although the existence of separate 'rifle' and 'shotgun' mods may also count)? Why not eliminate generic Sentinel mods (Redirection/Steel Fiber/Vitality/Fast Deflection) and convert them into Warframe mods, then let us put non-Ability Warframe mods on our Sentinels?

Finally a use for those random Loot Radars and whatnot.

(Also, weapons gaining damage on level up. When? Needs to be added.)

Oh man, sounds awesome! Any hint as to what the next Prime will be? Here's to hoping it's Rhino.

Also, you should train your beard, become one with it, that way you will never shave it off by accident again for you feel what the beard feels....Trimming might become an issue, though.

• I shaved my beard off by accident (trimming mishap).

FINALLY! waiting for this since closed beta.

• Crazy new movement mode for U12? Can't talk about this because it may be a bust.

wait, didn´t you promise riding MOAS for update 300?

you are releasing that earlier, aren´t you?

i notice the melee rework on there, a lot of people in the weapon feed back forums will shut up about the current system being useless and stale at long last

Nah, general forum thing will happen; 50% of those same people will complain about it being changed.