Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Entry 5 - Dec 5/2013 Quick Update

[DE]Steve

. Soon to wrap this, then I'm full speed on solving the Forma'd slot order problem that elemental combinations have created.

I have a simple solution. Why not just allow the polarities to be moved around. For example, say you have one - polarity on the first slot. You can click an edit button and drag that polarity to any other slot. Is there a - on the first slot and V on the second? Just click edit and swap them around for a V on the first slot and - on the second. Or move the - polarity to one of the middle slots by editing. 

weapon skins

Really? Really?! REALLY?!! And I was just going to create rant-thread about weapon skins — about how you've made Brokk, Manticore and Dagger Axes and then abandoned skins completely. Nice to hear we're actually getting some new skins.

PS: and I really hope, that it won't be another melee reskins, it would've been great to see skins for weapons like Orgis or Synapse.

Edited by AlienOvermind

• Weapons and weapon skins - some new firing modes for added diversity!
  • Multiple resource drone deployments, coming.
  • Gas expands and so does the Gas City tileset - art improvements, more diversity.
  • I see progress on systemic invasions & battle pay - moving this from one-off to part of the game.
  • Vay Hek is being worked on - he is a propaganda machine - I think he'll be turning out hilarious and awesome. Complete and ambitious redo of him from visuals to gameplay.
  • Design is still cracking away at the new damage model. We've rewritten our statistics gathering for weapons and will be chipping away at gross imbalances. Expect more changes to the resistances and immunities as we add diversity to the enemy types and take better advantage of the new damage model.
  • The Nexus app has been rewritten and includes a mobile version of the Codex. The performance issues have been resolved and now we're anxious to hook this up to your account/live data.
  • Ability & Sentinel Mods have been removed from the store Mod packs and Transmutation. This helps with dilution considerably. For the time being enemies will still be dropping these.
  • I see the improved Melee system being worked on as well with a lot more animation diversity and control of your moves.

These all make me very happy, and now I'm really excited for 11.5 !

• Optional clan-specified trading tax to bulk up your Vault!
  • Our new UI artist started, had a meeting and we all laughed/cried at our coder-art. We reviewed player feedback about UI problems. His first project is redo the HUD... no pressure.

These worry me a little bit. I'm sure the new UI artist will do a good job and stuff but any changes to the HUD will inevitably take some getting used to.

And the trading tax just seems outright exploitable... I'll have to see how it works in-game but the idea of clans trying to farm the general community for materials (as we know will inevitably happen) feels wrong.

• Multiple resource drone deployments, coming.
  • Ability & Sentinel Mods have been removed from the store Mod packs and Transmutation. This helps with dilution considerably. For the time being enemies will still be dropping these.

These are great, but...

Do we have to wait all the way until U11.5 for these two? :(

what about doing something about Knifes ?

we have the impact/puncture/slash trilogy on Bows and now Pistols with the Magnus

but since U11 Despair and Kunai are the same except for like 4 points of damage

and Hikou lost its niche since its lackluster vs light infested ( it original purpose )

due to the low slash damage 

Edited by TDS0Spoderman

Hey Steve, 

i pm'ed you a while ago and you didn't reply. 

What is with the lags and fps drops in end game? i mean playing with <10fps isn't that fun(pic related)

i1985bpuxvh.jpg

I suggested a temporary solution: where in time/wave X there is a reset or ppl get an opportunity to reset manually (just to clear the map). migration helped prio u11.