The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grineer "flameblades" Are Still Using Stun Batons

Farge

...stun batons that deal fire damage!

It would make a lot more sense for Flameblades to be using Heat Swords instead.

Giving them a different colored suit would also be nice, since they're visually identical to Butchers. Even a simple red recolor would be enough, like the old Captain Vor:

Captain_vor.png

Yeah, it did seem kinda strange that the legendary "flameblades" carried the equivalent of a lit match tied to a cattle prod.

I can't tell them apart from the butchers either.

And if the flameblades get some love, make sure the powerfists do too.

^ Well, Flameblades already deal fire damage, it would just be a matter of changing the appearance of their current weapon to the Heat Sword. Unless you're talking about the actual Heat Sword that we can get, in which case... sure, why not, there are no melee weapons that deal base fire damage.

I'm still hoping for the return of the old Sawmen one day.

Giving the Flameblades their buzzsaw perhaps with a new flaming redesign might be a cool idea. The original complainment (according to the devs i wasn't around long enough back then to know if it's true) about the sawmen, that led to them being turned into the butchers, was that they should have silent weapons to sneak up on players.

Now the flame blade does not need that. They teleport audible near the players.

Now imagine a 2,30 meter tall Grineer with a flaming loud buzzsaw suddently teleporting right besides you.