Sign in to follow this  
[DE]Rebecca

Update 7 Teaser: New Warframe

Someone is angry o_o Saryn is pronounced the same as Sarin. Saryn also has a more feminine touch than Sarin, and gives her a more exotic feeling. They didn't go "Oh you guys like Sarin? Well we'll just name her Bootylicious!"

Take a chill pill :p

I would accept that name if it were for a frame like Nyx.

how bout the sound/sonic type frame is it coming for update 7?

This is what I am excited for!

So you don't mind that you paid $100 for the privilege of voting on things, and then DE decides to ignore your vote anyway? Huh.

Sarin won. A first responder to an actual Sarin attack posted in the poll suggesting a letter tweak. Others sugested it was too masculine.

We tweaked a letter that helped make it more feminine and not be 1:1 with something that affected people in our community. It wasn't just a poll, it was a dialogue, which is even better. So huh. :)

• Like 2

Didn't the poll end with Sarin? Has anyone told DeRebecca about the typo?

Not sure lol

Reminds me of Poison Ivy from the DC Comics. Did the designer use any influence from that?

im happy to see the name debate was settled with a compromise, good job guys!

Yes, thanks. Sorry about that by the way.

Saryn is a variant of the Hebrew name Sarah, meaning princess.

She's the princess of chemical warfare, okay? :P

Rebecca, I have to ask. Is Sarin going to be Immune to toxic ancient poison clouds? I think it would be a little silly if she was a poison based frame that could still take poison damage.

Good question.

On the other hand she would be OP if she was poison immune...Poison is my only problem in Warframe...

Good response. I really hate that on my rhino. Invulnerable slaughterfest, invulnerable slaughterfest, invulnerable slaughterfest... dead. Damn, poison!

Someone is angry o_o Saryn is pronounced the same as Sarin. Saryn also has a more feminine touch than Sarin, and gives her a more exotic feeling. They didn't go "Oh you guys like Sarin? Well we'll just name her Bootylicious!"

I'd vote for Bootylicious.

Do you know what baka means? ^^

It means idiot in Japanese.

Well, I'm glad we can bring some light to the masses on this and how awesome she will be :P

Even felt like making a picture for her xP

Poisonframe2560x1440_zpse488ba18.jpg

how bout the sound/sonic type frame is it coming for update 7?

I'm calling dibs on the name suggestion "Mach". And also calling dibs on "Makh".

I'll even suggest it AND quote this here post when that suggestion thread opens up just so people can see i was first!

God i love being mature.

Edited by ruivoml

Sarin won. A first responder to an actual Sarin attack posted in the poll suggesting a letter tweak. Others sugested it was too masculine.

We tweaked a letter that helped make it more feminine and not be 1:1 with something that affected people in our community. It wasn't just a poll, it was a dialogue, which is even better. So huh. :)

And Saryn was suggested by somebody else in the thread. I like it.

I hope they make a dark type frame which can be named as void/abyss and skills like dark slash/phantom lance and BLACK HOLE!!! which also has the ability to apply random elemental effects. ^^

Edited by MakubeX

What about sonic warframe ?

Sonic-Generations-artwork-Sonic-render-2.png

Edited by Dansilent

My question is, will DE release update 7 before founder's packages dissapear?

I'm still on edge about upgrading to masters and if update 7 rolls in AFTER March 16,

Warframe will lose some potential founders as well.

Can't wait to see the sound-based warframe. Seriously, I can't. I'm literally pulling my hair in anticipation as I type right now.

I'm glad for this, but the 'pls change naem ppl died' thing was just too much. People have died from rhino attacks, and in fires which would affect Ember and Ash. There are people who have been severely injured or died from frostbite. If the legends of King Arthur are true then his sword Excalibur had killed many people in wars. If DE is going to change the name over something like that, then they had better pay attention to everything else.

Although I do like the design and i think it looks amazing i would have preferred bloodraptor's Anubis.

Anyway keep up the good work great game

Although I do like the design and i think it looks amazing i would have preferred bloodraptor's Anubis.

Anyway keep up the good work great game

BloodRaptor's Anubis? I never heard of this.

I'm glad for this, but the 'pls change naem ppl died' thing was just too much. People have died from rhino attacks, and in fires which would affect Ember and Ash. There are people who have been severely injured or died from frostbite. If the legends of King Arthur are true then his sword Excalibur had killed many people in wars. If DE is going to change the name over something like that, then they had better pay attention to everything else.

Sorry you feel this is a crack in our "violence integrity". I don't reach the same end point. We avoid contemporary references always, not just this time. Any work of fiction that has a (nebulous) definition of what fits or doesn't isn't hypocritical - it's selective.

We slice people in half with swords but we still ask people to change cancer-joke aliases. All this sort of stuff isn't axiomatic, it's based on shifting cultural norms.

• Like 1

As Celestia is my witness I shall bring the enemies of the Tenno to their knees as Saryn.

You are officially my new favorite person on all of the Warframe forums! :D