Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 11.2.1

[DE]Rebecca

Honestly I'm just confused at how Saryn is supposed to be played late game.

What does this mean by wrinkles in mprime? Do they mean the visual effects? Can't it just be default to have the effects lower so players with high end pcs can enjoy those graphics?

Also I mostly agree with Rikkely's post.

Edited by Ayalis

damage is not the problem with Brakk's nerf. it's the fall-off. Brakk, a handiful handcannon at higher levels just became a typical shotgun... only smaller.

I've tested it, I'm not mad about the adjusted damage scales but the fall-off... really. I had 5 ammos fired on a Grineer Seeker which is around 10m. I saw 1-digit damage. ONE-DIGIT. ON A TEN METER RANGE.

Welcome to Shotguns.

I love how myself and other Shotgun aficionados have accepted this feature of Shotguns throughout the history of Warframe, but when it happens to Acrid 2.0 the entire forum is in an uproar.

Deal with it.

"Removed Mission Wrinkles in M Prime to improve new player experience (no blindsided Exterminates!)"

I'm a little slow...what in the world does that mean?

Im assuming they meant lotus will no longer change the mission goal halfway through.

Also, +1 Rikkely

Oh look! Now it functions like an actual pocket shotgun! Now it functions like it SHOULD! 

Everyone else: 'Oh no now it's useless!' 

God...these people...

tumblr_m5ky71PUnd1rrhhnko1_400.gif

EDIT: Biting my own tongue here, why did they slant it so dramatically? Why? 

Really the drop off is to be expected, it's a hand shotgun. What the community seems to want is a Hand Cannon.

DE. a Hand Cannon...is a weapon that shoots a singular projectile at extreme speed and force that tends to make things violently disassemble or explode. Like a larger cannon.

Shotguns are not cannons. They are weapons that shoot out little pellets commonly referred in many a place as buckshot. 

Not cannon balls or high velocity explosives of death.

Little.

Tiny.

Pellets.

GIVE US A HAND CANNON!

Edited by Hastur609

Welcome to Shotguns.

I love how myself and other Shotgun aficionados have accepted this feature of Shotguns throughout the history of Warframe, but when it happens to Acrid 2.0 the entire forum is in an uproar.

Deal with it.

I am still under adjustment phase, so yeah... already dealing with this.

All you doomsayers should actually test the gun out before raging. It is still extremely potent due to ridiculous Critical Hit and Status Chance.

Just add Blast. Stirr for a few minutes. Then stunlock everything to death.

Only difference is that you need to be closer to your enemy to do it now. Y'know. Like with any other Shotgun in the game.

And that is the mayor problem. The Brakk Is "like any other shotgun" now. I had to force myself to grind , which is something i hate to do, to get a good gun and now it is usless on range "like every other shotgun". Damage falloff is the biggest reason so few players use Shotguns for long. There are better high dps short range weapons like the Flux but they need to be offset by good ammo saveing dps mid-longrange secondaries like the Brakk used to be . You might as well use dual Broncos...

Edited by Alcatras

And that is the mayor problem. The Brakk Is "like any other shotgun" now. I had to force myself to grind , which is something i hate to do to get a good gun and now it is usless on range "like every other shotgun". Damage falloff is the biggest reason so few players use Shotguns for long. There are better high dps short range weapons like the Flux but they need to be offset by good ammo saveing dps mid-longrange secondaries like the Brakk used to be . Nuw you might as well use dual Broncos...

To be honest, when I first read "Hand Cannon" during the event, I didn't except another shotgun.

I excepted a handgun firing giant explosive rounds... Was sorta disappointed.

But DE decided to make it yet another shotgun and it needed to be balanced accordingly.

Nuw you might as well use dual Broncos...

Naw, the Bronco family has horrible Critical Hit and Status Chance values - and that is where the Brakk still shines. It is still the king of pocket shotguns :)

Edited by Brimir

Hotfix 11.2.1:

Changes:          

- Removed Warframe and Sentinel Abilities (Precepts) from Mod Packs and Transmute results.

That's great and all but:

Transmutation is kind of bugged now. I transmuted four different rare mods and got Organ Shatter for my trouble. Did it again and got a True Steel.

Correct if I'm wrong but aren't those Common mods?

Edited by Raptscallion

I really don't see the problem with the brakk balence.

I've always seen each weapon in warframe like so:

You have an armory of weapons to choose from, pick the ones you like level it and beef it up to its highest capabilities than do your job.

For instance, I actually enjoy playing the game when i have a gun/melee that doesn't eradicate my target in one go, it makes the game more challenging and I have to think of alternative ways to go at my targets without failing. The exact same thing goes with the warframes aswell, it's clear that there are ones that survive better than others and are outshined by others. It's not everyones preference but hey if it makes the game fun might as well try it.

*Just* as I was about to forma my Brakk for the first time... thanks for saving me the forma. Will put it on Flux instead, since from what I have seen it still remains a beast in Damage 2.0

Why slant the Brakk damage toward impact? Isn't the Bronco series already impact oriented? Wouldn't slash or puncture fill a more needed niche?

Edit: btw I STILL see no fix for off-host stats not working in the arsenal screen after playing a match. Yes I'm going to mention it every single hotfix that I don't see it get fixed.

Only thing that comes to mind is that since the Brakk is a Grineer weapon, it should be better at killing Corpus than Grineer. This may have already been mentioned, but I stopped reading at page 3/13, lulz.

But srsly, nerfing a weapon that took 100 runs to obtain? I know of many people that stopped before even starting to try on the first day since it seemed like such a longshot. Event weapons *should* be special. Reward the dedicated. Esp. now that you broadened how you classify dedication by making events last 1 week and *not* cutting them off early.

I digress...