Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 11.2.1

[DE]Rebecca

Nerfs get irritating, but still doesn't effect me atm. Never used Brakk, don't really want to. There are still lots of viable weapons out there though.

I do agree that once something is nerfed enemies need a bit of a nerf as well, but in all honesty, this game is STILL beta. So NOW is the time to fix things and get logistics and numbers out of the way.

Beta's not an excuse. Beta wouldn't be charging money for market in any way or form.

Its clearly more like an alpha. There's clearly no clear-cut QA. Its literally throw whatever they JUST came up with out to us, and we pay them to fix it. That's not how a beta, or a game dev, should be like.

Hmm not sure it deserves a pat on the back, nefing the BRAKK because the whiner brigade had a whinge-a-thon. Yet another decent weapon stuffed but hey now u can only use x or y skill when a b or c is happening & isn't that GREAT! (Sarcasm)

Anyway maybe I like many others need to move on to more entertaining games as there is no point in continuing to play a game that is becoming boring & a grind fest.

Agreed! The developers are totally and entirely in the pockets of the "whiner brigade".

They don't have any capability at all when it comes to making informed decisions on their own. Especially when it comes to a game they themselves designed!

Now THAT'S sarcasm.

the slightly larger spread isn't too bad, but i think a damage falloff is too much. if the spread was slightly larger it would have gotten rid of the problem of being able to kill across the map just fine. the leaning slightly towards impact damage isn't HORRIBLE, it's not a gigantic change in the damage output, except it's significantly weaker against grineer now

dont like the nerf to an event exclusive weapon, but other than that, good fix :O

Edited by justadeadman

U11 was essentially a huge buff to countless weapons in the game. Stuff you never dreamed of using pre-U11 is now viable again.

But it was a massive nerf to many more weapons, especially armor-ignore ones.  Why bother using Boltos or Boltors, for example?  A mild bump in piercing damage vs. any hitscan gun (like, ye olde Braton or Braton prime) is no longer worth using incredibly inaccurate weapons with long travel times, especially when you add elemental damage (protip: rainbow builds >>>>>>>>>>>> physical damage bonus mods).  Acrid was obliterated.  There's no reason to use Fragor whatsoever.  And so on.

Acrid  5 forma , nerfed , Brakk 3 forma , nerfed.. ok what's the next time wasting weapon ?

seriously , i'm tired of that , it's really no fun.

you were enjoying your game ? ok we nerf.

great job.

Thank you DE.

He wants his formas back like everyone!

Dreaming of the NEXT HOTFIX : it's now possible to remove formas from (badly nerfed) weapons.

- Brakk change:

Damage slanted towards impact damage.

Little more spread added.

Fall off added (10-20m)

DE i love you and all... but come on, really? Why is it soooo bad to have a good all round weapon these days... The Brakk was such a versatile weapon and took a unique position since all the Damage 2.0 changes.... now it is just another sad story... like many. 

Besides that, Why is the Brakk treated like a primary... Will Bronco and B-Prime get a fall off too?

All this whining about the Brakk, heh.

Still feels fine to me; I anticipated that fall-off would be coming to shotgun-type secondaries anyway, and even if it's not viable at long range, it doesn't pack any less of a punch up close than it did before.

It'll be kind of refreshing that this won't automatically be everybody's go-to pistol. But then again, maybe people will decide to just live with the change and it'll still be just as widely-used as it was before.

You're all delusional if you think that the Brakk was supposed to be immune to nerfs. There's this strange concept called "balance", and it's the developers job to make sure that the balance of the game stays in-tact. As with everything overpowered, you need to realize first thing that if DE isn't completely incompetent, it's going to get nerfed eventually. This was the case with the Quick Thinking + Rage combo, and now it's the Brakk.

If you get Quick Thinking + Rage and spend the credits to max them out, if you get the Brakk and use forma to max it out, you don't suddenly become entitled to the evasion of balance nerfs. Yeah, using forma on a weapon only to have it nerfed later sucks, but that's just the way these things work. You need to get used to it because it's always going to be this way.

You should read up on a concept known as "Perfect Imbalance". Here, check it out for yourself.

Perfect Imbalance:

Worse hotfix ever by far.

Desecrate now is bugged. Working less and invalid target many times with screen full of bodies.

Brakk (exclusive event gun) heavy nerf while Nova got buff and Soma still untouched. Nice DE!!!! Veryyyyy Nice!

I will try to forget I put hard work on my Brakk (100 missions event and 4 formas).

U11 was essentially a huge buff to countless weapons in the game. Stuff you never dreamed of using pre-U11 is now viable again.

Huge buff to countless weapons... Agree to disagree. Stuff I never dreamed of using... Did not know you could read minds and dreams of other people... there is NO weapon like the Brakk. Oh sorry, WAS. Now it's just your generic pocket shotgun. Better than average, yes, but stil, a pocket shotgun that was advertised as a HANDCANNON. There is a difference between the two. And I hate to break it to you but damage 2.0... not so many new weapon loadouts at high-levels... I don't see people running around with MK-1s and Latos much... I know, extreme examples. Still, damage 2.0 didn't change the game that much. Don't get me wrong, I like it, but it did not make people use "countless weapons" compared to damage 1.0. Very few weapons actually got a "huge buff". For the rest, they just work differently. And I repeat, I do like it. even if it broke the armor of our frames. Which was a bit wonky to begin with.

Haha Brakk nerfed.....I stopped caring weeks ago.  I have it and earned it but because of whiners on here DE gave in...this games days are numbered.  That really makes me want to grind away another 100 missions in this game only to have my weapon I earned nerfed.  Thank DE and thanks DESteve for the Damage 2.0

Edited by yrrej

so they make a grineer based "hand cannon" with impact damage, that falls off? Hand cannon, no. Brakk needed no patch the falloff is like a sucker punch. everything is else I like to see,(frame rate :) don't wanna come across as complaining just trying to understand this patch

To DE:

I totally appreciate the changes you did to the Brakk and am extremely happy to "feel" (yes, I'm jedi) that you're finally going to turn the game back to "Space Ninja" with coop elements (carefully go as 4 man TEAM agains lvl 50s) instead of "Bersker-soloing-lvl-50-missions-with-one-OP-weapon".

Thanks for your effort and keep up the good work.

P.S: Give a S#&$ on those dumb OP-weapon-freaks that don't even have the tiniest bit of understanding of how hard it is to create a good game and to make sure that addent content won't destroy what is already there. :P