Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 11.2.1

[DE]Rebecca

Hey DE... instead of taking the nerf bat to more things, maybe fix some weapons instead? (Acrid and Torid say hello). Maybe then people wouldn't scream "OP" if there is only one OP weapon. Or make event weapons drop in Alerts... just a thought. Only going to be logging in for rewards and -maybe- helping with a random key til you get your stuff in order. I'm not wasting more time and formas just so my favorite weapons can be nerfed in a week.

Hey DE... instead of taking the nerf bat to more things, maybe fix some weapons instead? (Acrid and Torid say hello). Maybe then people wouldn't scream "OP" if there is only one OP weapon. Or make event weapons drop in Alerts... just a thought. Only going to be logging in for rewards and -maybe- helping with a random key til you get your stuff in order. I'm not wasting more time and formas just so my favorite weapons can be nerfed in a week.

Same here, that's why I practically NEVER forma weapons.

I guess it comes with being a Beta and such, but we need a system for this:

If you make serious changes to a weapon, give us the option to remove polarities and get our forma back.

Same here, that's why I practically NEVER forma weapons.

I guess it comes with being a Beta and such, but we need a system for this:

If you make serious changes to a weapon, give us the option to remove polarities and get our forma back.

+1000 likes

Well, that's an end to my laughing through T3 survival missions with Brakk. First, they neuter my Synapse+Electric Shield, then they turn Brakk into a melee weapon. Sigh...

Guess I'll have to find out if Acrid's still as good as it used to be.

don't waste your time, it isn't.

But Synapse and Soma are still great, don't tell anyone shhh  freaking DEs might nerf it too

Really not liking the Brakk Nerf. Had to do so much to get it and it get's increased spread and damage fall off now? Oh well. Can't wait to see what you guys come up with next! Can we please get the Brakk counted as a shotgun? I really want to be able to decrease it's spread.

- Fixed issues where FPS would deteriorate in long missions due to lingering ammo pickups & drops.

At what cost?

Doing some defence now, Xini, and I can see ammo and energy orbs disappearing before I can use them. They are probably only there for about +-30 seconds.

I know you are not big on giving us feedback, but could you please just answer this simple question? Thanks.

EDIT: Actually, it seems like the ammo/resources/energy/health have max amount that can be in the world at the same time. Even resources disappear, what? O_o 

So if other party members decides to just have a ball and split up from the rest of the group and go on killing spree, the others can't get the resource drops from the mobs they kill on their way?

Edited by Rikkely

Let the tears flow from the cry babys that there brakk got nerfed.

would you be saying that if you had the brakk too? i myself don't find the nerf horrible, just the damage falloff annoying. i didnt forma it or anything cuz im too lazy lol, in fact i barely made the 100 missions to obtain it lol. but don't go calling all those people who actually spent the time and effort to forma their's like 5x crybabies. 

i'm not saying you ever did, but if you ever formad a weapon 5x over only to have it become annoying to use i'm sure you would be pretty upset too. so stop bashing on people who had what they worked hard for ruined, and please post something useful on this forum.

You know what guys, people will start to leave not because of Brakk nerf.

But because of community.

Yes, you, whiner. Look at yourselves and your posts. Whining and crying because DE took away your "I win everything by just running around and shooting in the general direction of enemy" gun. If you want to play Warframe like that, please leave. And go play Call of Duty, we won't miss you. So only players that actually like co-operation or just hanging out with friends(like, using Bounce on Ancient so your buddy headshots him with Ogris) will stay, and we will be able to actually enjoy the game. You know how it's annoying when you want to shoot some Grineer goons and stuff, and all you can do is to spectate a no-life rushing with Brakk, obliterating everything with one shot from 20m-50m? And we don't care if you done 100 missions or 500. By leaving you will only do good to the community.

Gosh, all these "NOOOOOO WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MY BRAKK DE I HATE YOU QQ IM LEAVING!!!!1111" makes me want to punch babies... -__-

BUT - DE failed too in my honest opinion. Next time, give players SLIGHTLY more powerful weapons, with unique skin, shooting sounds, something like that. Not entirely new weapon, absurdly OP. So people will not get attached to it, will not get nerfed and no whine-thread like that will appear.

Event rewards should be for bling, bragging or whatever - or a completely unique weapon(like a heavy, single-shot crossbow - for example).

I have Brakk and I love it since the day I got it and that was the time while Acrid still the king. I love using shotgun and Brakk is perfect. The thing is the nerf is to much. You can lower lower the damage or make it more spread or anything else but what they doing it now it totally become useless gun. 

You know what guys, people will start to leave not because of Brakk nerf.

But because of community.

Yes, you, whiner. Look at yourselves and your posts. Whining and crying because DE took away your "I win everything by just running around and shooting in the general direction of enemy" gun. If you want to play Warframe like that, please leave. And go play Call of Duty, we won't miss you. So only players that actually like co-operation or just hanging out with friends(like, using Bounce on Ancient so your buddy headshots him with Ogris) will stay, and we will be able to actually enjoy the game. You know how it's annoying when you want to shoot some Grineer goons and stuff, and all you can do is to spectate a no-life rushing with Brakk, obliterating everything with one shot from 20m-50m? And we don't care if you done 100 missions or 500. By leaving you will only do good to the community.

Gosh, all these "NOOOOOO WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MY BRAKK DE I HATE YOU QQ IM LEAVING!!!!1111" makes me want to punch babies... -__-

BUT - DE failed too in my honest opinion. Next time, give players SLIGHTLY more powerful weapons, with unique skin, shooting sounds, something like that. Not entirely new weapon, absurdly OP. So people will not get attached to it, will not get nerfed and no whine-thread like that will appear.

Event rewards should be for bling, bragging or whatever - or a completely unique weapon(like a heavy, single-shot crossbow - for example).

Another noob that that has no idea what their talking about

At what cost?

Doing some defence now, Xini, and I can see ammo and energy orbs disappearing before I can use them. They are probably only there for about +-30 seconds.

I know you are not big on giving us feedback, but could you please just answer this simple question? Thanks.

EDIT: Actually, it seems like the ammo/resources/energy/health have max amount that can be in the world at the same time. Even resources disappear, what? O_o 

So if other party members decides to just have a ball and split up from the rest of the group and go on killing spree, the others can't get the resource drops from the mobs they kill on their way?

Yeah, your edit is correct from what I can tell.

This has seriously gimped Desecrate. I played Nekros on ODD with a friend and noticed this change, too. It really sucks and has kind of messed up Equilibrium as well, which is a really nice mod, imo. 

Even if we don't like what you tell us, I'm sure we would still appreciate a response in regards to this matter when you guys are able to do so. :)

Really? A nerf to Brakk? How much of the community even had it? Also When is the Strun Wraith going to be nerfed? Cause it's still an amazing weapon, better get on that.

Edit: I still don't fully understand the need for nerfs when this game is about 90% pve focus, with only about 10% being pvp, I can understand if you have some heavy machine gun that you can pray and spray with and literally no one else can get a kill being a bit less fun, but in the end, no one actually wins or loses unless it's mission fail or success.

Edited by DBHAShadow

Ah, at last. Good to see, that DE actually cares about balance. Brakk really needed at least some downside.

So now I won't feel even remotely guilty when you start rushing the boss mission, and then I proceed to beat you to the boss in my Trinity and STILL kill the boss in about 5 seconds flat from point blank brakk range before you can catch up.

If this were actually about balance, I have to say that I think that the Acrid would have been nerfed much, much sooner than it was  especially since it was much easier to lay hands on than the Brakk, and far, far more ridiculously broken by comparison in its time.

Well at least the Magnus looks almost decent.....

Edited by Modana_Inamorta

I'm actually happy about the Brakk changes.

However the distance nerf is kind of upsetting. :C

Yeah, I don't mind the slide towards impact damage too much, just means late game heavy gunners will take 5 clips to kill instead of three :|.  At least the fusion moas don't stand a chance now.

The distance though... so DE, you gonna nerf them broncos too?  O.o

Let the tears flow from the cry babys that there brakk got nerfed.

if you got nothing better to say do us the favor and skip to post here...

so now to the topic the Brakk nerv was a $#*(@ slap for the player and if,what i dont think atm, see the rage and dissagree coming from this thread and others i dont see that much brakk is op threads O.o.

so no the case i know you want fast paste content as the gameplay the weaposn should be and NOT the patches.

so pls hold the game & weapons fast paste, but pls maybe giv updates a 3 weeks test time like:

patch the update out as beta thingy let it run 3 weeks and ask for feedback on forum if design conoul only or not your choice then patch it back down to the old update you got a test run see which bugs are there what ppl think about it and take your TIME to fix it idk how the other here feel about those things, but i personaly prefer constant stabil updates i can wait a half year or longer or give it out in pieces but i hate nothing more then the EA tactic, bash things out of the door so the lemmings stop raging for enw stuff, you got a nice player base and if you explain it they would be pention . ok there would may leave some but those dont understand what it mean to make a whole new gmae with a tiny group of ppl.

so dont rush the patches other think give patches a test time if youre unsure but atm with what youre doing it feels like you throwing things out like a ape his S#&$... as long the ppl get new things ans stop shouting .

and if you want weapons thats only medi core and high waves shouldnt bereached or there shouldnt weapons for it SAY it and dont give us things we happy about cause many ppl love those guns to get wave 40+ or have sometimes fun on pluto and dont reload a hind 6 times to kill 1 corpus tech cause thats not space ninja fast paste thats cover and shot like a odinary 3ps and sure ppl complain that weapons is op O.o

cause i can take my full formad ember to infested missions or my full formad loki + hate to a mdef for grineer or corpus missions disarm set a decoy and slash them all with melee spam away makes it the loki or the hate op ? NO cause everything you set the right mods gets a nice poewr and can bash everything till lvl 20 ~30 , beside you $#*(@ slap the weapon to the ground, cause they are only the old lvl 50 to 70 and that wasnt really much if you remeber.

Edit: oh and dont forget its still a event weapon we deserve to get a nice gun if you promised...

Edited by HackShield

but when a weapon is functionally better than anything else in your arsenal in every situation, it is probably unbalanced. When I got the Brakk, I lamented somewhat because I really like my Dual Vastos but could never really justify using them. Now I'll have a reason to change things up and be optimized for fighting different factions.

I think you're mistaken.  Brakk is about the last weapon I would have used for short ranged AoE damage.  Ogris was, and still is the king of massive high damage AoE spam.

Brakk was just nice for, you know, that level 75-90 something grineer heavy gunner who has in excess of 700 armor and about, oh, a roughly infinite health pool.  Move in close, blast it on its back, and spam into its face.

Whatever do you mean level 90 heavy gunners aren't supposed to die ever, even to whole teams?!?  That doesn't sound balanced...

Lol all the Brakk whiners. It was WAY ahead in terms of DPS along sidearms and even primaries.

And tell me the reason why would i use any shotgun instead of Brakk, when they all had drawbacks which Brakk doesn't had.

What should have been done is done. now.

Actually, Boar Prime was about 25% ahead of Brakk on the DPS side of things... and that's even WITHOUT heavy caliber.

Please be smart and don't whine about "whiners" who are actually both smarter and less whiny than yourself.

The main reason I feel annoyed about the Brakk nerf is that the evening before, i just formad for the 3rd time - and now it's hardly usable against anything else than infested - because of the fall off, which does not go hand in hand with killing corpus and grineers as they like to stay at a distance, and if you decide to go for it anyway, the damage was altered to be less effective against those factions.

I could live with a damage drop, i could also live with more spread. But falloff? C'mon DE, really?

Would not go as far as saying this is the main reason why i have decided to take a break from the game, but in the grand scheme of things it was the last straw.

I was very content with my weapons - they complimented each other very well, and using a weapon like Flux Rifle or Synapse together with Brakk right now just doesn't make any sense to me - as killing targets more than 30m away is rather impossible.

Since Brakk was the only all-round secondary weapon, I had constructed effective builds in dmg 2.0 with it to go up against all factions.

I've tried the Magnus a bit since it could be a very decent alternative against corpus, mostly because of the status %, but it reminds me of a sniper pistol with insane recoil.

Perhaps it is for the better i take a little break, then nobody has to listen to my whining and hopefully when i return there will be enough stuff to level to reach rank 15.

Oh, and just in case anyone has forgotten, this is a Nerf :

nerfswg.jpg

Edited by rudzen