Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

druindo

Question On Clan Vault And Resources

First of all, I know how the Vault works. It does not have a physical presence, it just uses the resources of deleted rooms/decos. That is not what I want to know.

Here's my question: 

How does a member of a clan gain access to their contributions made to a deleted room, if they ever want those resources back?

Here's why I am asking this:

What happens to a person who contributes to a clan quite a bit, but their clan slowly dies? Their resources will still be tied up in the vault, even if they find a clan they want to join instead. This seems horrifically unfair, since it theoretically means that someone could convince new members to join their clan, and, in a very pyramid-scheme-like fashion, kick out those members, keeping the contribution. Or am I wrong on this?

Furthermore, what happens to the Clan Vault's resources if the Warlord decides to end the clan? (Or is this not possible?)

I'm not advocating against community efforts, not at all. It just seems unfair that players can have their hard earned resources completely out of their reach and control. For instance, Player X could contribute 1000 Rubedo to a new Research Lab. The next day the lab is complete and they go in and check it out, but don't have enough time or resources to get anything going. The next day they log in and find out that Sage A has deleted the research room to build a new garden. This seems ridiculous to me, since even loyal and respected clan members can have their desires completely subverted without notice. (Please tell me I am wrong on this if I actually am.)

There are probably more instances in which the vault resources will be completely unusable, but these are the ones that I can think of at the moment.

Thanks for reading this and for any help you can offer.

Edit: Shoot, did I place this in the wrong forum? I couldn't figure out where this would go.

How does a member of a clan gain access to their contributions made to a deleted room, if they ever want those resources back?

No.

No.

Can I assume you mean "there is no way for them to gain those back," or are you chastising me? I seriously cannot tell.

There is currently no way to get resources back from the dojo, you can destroy rooms/decorations and re-use the materials for other rooms/decorations, but regain them? No.

There is currently no way to get resources back from the dojo, you can destroy rooms/decorations and re-use the materials for other rooms/decorations, but regain them? No.

Hmm, well it's only a matter of time before someone does something DE isn't expecting and an entire clan loses all their resources. I'm not looking forward to seeing that in the threads.

I seriously think this should be addressed because of certain possibilities. 

I'm not even saying you should be able to yank your resources out from under your clan, I'm just saying it might be nice if there were some way for clan members to get their contributions back if something goes terribly wrong.

Thanks for your reply though. My curiosity is satiated.

yeah I agree with druindo, it is a shame that you contribute so much hard earned things into a dojo to come to find out that you cant get none of it back even when leaving the clan. I have this problem too but the thing is that I don't understand in my case why I cant seem to just get what I put in back.

my situation is that I started a clan and I tried sooo hard to get people to be interested into my clan, so I make a dojo. now may I mind you at this point I'm the only one in the clan contributing materials to make labs, obstacle courses, trading posts, battle arenas, giant halls and what not. I've had my clan for at least 3-5 months and yet nobody takes interest into my clan, so at this point im thinking well this is pointless so I leave my own clan and i go to use forma on my warframe and it wont let me. so then i look at my platinum coins and it hasn't changed, so now im getting mad at the fact that even when your the only member in your own clan you started all the things you contribute to it wont be returned to you. for whatever reason is well beyond me and it doesn't make any sence at why i cant get all that back so i cant put it to use by  building things and upgrading my warframe and weapons.

it's like being stuck with a timeshare, you put into it then when things start looking funny you leave thinking you actually left but haven't really even left at all smh

Boogibeats20,

When you donate to a clan it stays in the clan forever. When you build a clan, you are personalizing it to reflect your ideals on how clans are built and decorate it however you wish. I made my own dojo from all of my own materials as well. provided you kept the clan at ghost, you have a low cost of researching new weapons/frames possible now. It seems to be set at 10% of max possible occupancy (so when you have the highest tier clan 1000 max, you need 100 people to contribute what you do in a ghost clan). Also, since you are warlord you have no chance of being kicked out of the clan if you take a vacation.