The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Daily Log In Reward

BrainInvader

As someone who has been at the 7th day login for about... 3 weeks(And playing for about a month), I am really starting to get annoyed at the terrible rewards in there.

I often see Reactors/catalysts, forma's blueprints etc. coming through the list of possible rewards, yet I always end up with credits or XP. While the amounts you get from those are earned in about .5 seconds in any meaningful map, and more often than not I gain XP for an already maxed weapon...

I would like to request that XP/credit rewards go away from the login rewards, or atleast the 7 day one. If I bother logging in every day then why do I get punished with such bad rewards in there?

According to wiki logging in on the 1 day rewards is actually better than 7 day rewards...

What is the rest of the communities opinion on this? I am just 1 voice who may not be in line with the rest, so wondering what the rest of you think of the current log in rewards.

Edit: Looking at the wiki article, and trying to look at it from a different perspective, simply removing the XP/credits would possibly make it have too big an impact(would leave only blueprints, void keys, reactors/catalysts and discounts) and although I certainly wouldn't mind that(I could use some more reactors/catalysts) it might become game breaking.

So a "simple" change might not be a good thing, but need a more in-depth change or a complete rework.

Edited by BrainInvader

The log in rewards are pretty bad, especially for those of us who have been consistent with our logins. I haven't missed a single login since May 31st, almost every day I get 2400 Sicarus exp. Either that or 2400 Excalibur exp. Kind of wish they'd offer better rewards for being logged in longer instead of a chance at worse rewards. 

Community opinion: it sucks.

Community solution: deal with it, its free stuff.

Welcome to warframe where RNG is made up and your skill don't matter.

Free stuff...Not really :/ XP and credits are useless rewards from it that have no impact on my gameplay what so ever...I consider it garbage rather then stuff.

I'm torn.  If the daily login rewards hand you reactors all the time, that cheapens the whole experience.  Essentially, it's a lottery to see "are you getting a bonus today or not?", and it's weighted to help new players more, new casual players most of all.

While I do find it crushing to see the animation slow down, nearly stop on a forma, and then click one more to "Secondary Weapon XP", anything else might feel like it hands out god-gear.  Forma, Catalysts, Reactors, these are supposed to be the things you can farm in end-game content, but until then, rare precious treasures.

So, even though it usually screws me over, I have to say it doesn't need much adjustment, because we don't want to spoon feed the game to people.

Free stuff...Not really :/ XP and credits are useless rewards from it that have no impact on my gameplay what so ever...I consider it garbage rather then stuff.

free stuff is not subjective.

it gives you a random free item when you just log in, including sometimes platinum items.

you honestly have no right to complain about it.

the fact that it also gives a hell of a lot of useless things is simple.

giving you all these platinum only items is bad business and more so, it having so much  powerful free stuff makes your game experience much shorter and less satisfying.

I'm torn.  If the daily login rewards hand you reactors all the time, that cheapens the whole experience.  Essentially, it's a lottery to see "are you getting a bonus today or not?", and it's weighted to help new players more, new casual players most of all.

While I do find it crushing to see the animation slow down, nearly stop on a forma, and then click one more to "Secondary Weapon XP", anything else might feel like it hands out god-gear.  Forma, Catalysts, Reactors, these are supposed to be the things you can farm in end-game content, but until then, rare precious treasures.

So, even though it usually screws me over, I have to say it doesn't need much adjustment, because we don't want to spoon feed the game to people.

its there for a very simple reason , to tease you.

every day you log in and see the forma or reactor or catalyst pass you by for a mockingly low XP or credit voucher.

makes you want  just a tiny bit to fork over that 5 dollars for some platinum to get what you crave.

but its a free 2 pay game cant expect too much.

they have to include that stuff somehow.

Edited by TisEric

I said the same in my Edit on the bottom of my OP, simply removing the bad stuff would leave only really good stuff that might shorten the lifespan and reduce income for them. Thus simply removing them is probably not the best option. But I would still like to see it fall less often on XP/credits.

@TisEric, even if it's free, doesn't mean I find the 2k XP any better. I got the right to complain about it if I so desire. I play this game, use the log-in reward system, and thus I can give my feedback on it. Simple. 

True. :)

I would suggest adding different rewards such as:

* 5% off a platinum item of your choosing (Must be used within 24 hours)

* 25% off a (credit) weapon blueprint of your choosing (Must be used within 24 hours)

* A free Rush-job in the Foundry

* A 3 hour Affinity-boost (Stacks with Prime Access)

* A 3 hour Xp-boost

* Fusion-cores

etc.

The item XP and credits are kind of annoying, but they can actually be kinda helpful if I'm low on credits or need to level up a new/forma'd item.  I think the 7-day credit rewards should be a little higher, like 15k or 20k, would make me feel slightly less disappointed about missing a forma/catalyst/75% off by 1 tick if I got enough credits to build something from my foundry at least.