Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: The Clan Base

Venarge

From the last Q&A, we heard about clans and a bit of player homes. And yeah I am aware that this might take some time till stuff like that becomes important ^^ This was just a little idea for the future ;)

So I thought about clan bases. The clan base itself would begin with the Dojo room. Inside of this,

the clan could gather, talk about new missions and stuff. From the dojo, you could start missions with other clan members to get more clan points for the ranking and earn money for the clan account. The clan activity would profit from such a system cause the more people from the clan do missions together, the more money they earn. From this account, you could buy new rooms for the clan base which provides minigames that give you small stat boosts for the next mission. Meditation rooms for better accuracy and Training rooms for melee damage/speed or sprint speed. This way, a clan would be more interesting and fun seeing it grow :3 Special rooms or interior cosmetics could be obtained with platinum as well ;)

I made a little edit of a dojo picture here. Yeah I know there needs to be more metal influences ^^ For me, a dojo would make sense and this one just got my attention :3

qj93kf1zhv8i.png

HOW THE CLAN BASE COULD WORK:

zluo93doe96q.png

NOTE: I dont want to make a sims game here. This is just an easy way to give players/ clans a way to customize their clan bases in an easy way (in my opinion). Giving the people the choice to "create" something and work together for certain rooms they want to get, brings people together.

And with the suggested defense missions here, you really got something to fight for. Cause what do you want to defend most? Something you worked for with your friends and allies =)

There would be seperated clan account on which money will be transfered to after special clan missions. From this account only, the clan can buy new rooms.This way, it wouldnt end up like: Lets sell the mods and get 500k by one person on one day..... Same goes for the materials for certain interior cosmetics. The more the clan works together, the more credits go to the clan account :3 .All this could be obtained through platinum as well :3

More great ideas that people suggested here:

Valentime

I would suggest making the dojo and the rooms on it massive blueprints, wouldnt want to limit the content of the game. This would do a few things, one it would give a valuable credit, polymer bundle,ferrite, nano spore dump. Two it gives a clan a unified goal outside of acquiring resources. Aside from the rooms that offer minigames you could easily have utility rooms.

- The medititation room could also be a place to look back at lore

- The dojo would be an amazing place to allow the implementation of player made courses that would work like missions but instead of a reward you would get a rank against other clan members.(clans could implement their own rewards for certain ranks?)

- A cryo room could be added to earn an extra life on a single frame (you would log out here)

- A Meeting room could be implemented just for kicks and giggles (love to have special areas for the higher ranks) and this room could be used as a show room, new players could look at video of frames to get a better understanding of what they do. make it techy with computers, i sometimes forget things after sleeping for 8 hours these people have been out for how long?

- and zypher vault!

- and then the finale, when alerts come up lights could go off and the lotus's voice would come over the coms

- Blue prints could be added for decorations such as different chairs and paintings of course

- Guild challenges could produce special trophies that could be placed in a trophy room or in the main room of this orokin cell

-finaly different "styles" could be offered for these clan cells. From classic dojo to a station under construction

- And of course all of this could also be purchased with platinum

Though i would like to (if this is implemented) attacks on these areas, maybe not the ones in use but add a tileset that looks like these.

theres too much that can be done with this to not do it XD from both a moneymaking standpoint and an essential in game oppurtunity to expand an already amazing game.

Hircine

One alteration on a previous idea the original poster mentioned: Clan Bonuses: Maybe you can only have one active at a time to make it balanced (+speed/Melee DMG/gun DMG ect.) but the higher level the guild the higher the bonus will be. Or maybe the clan has to "level up" the rooms/facilities that grant said bonuses to get an increase in bonus amount. This would actually give people a reason to seek out specific clans based on player play style ///// Clan leader/officer created quests that yeald EXP and Credits to the player and mats/exp to guild level

Clan Gathering location

Clan room bonuses

Clan ability bonuses

Clan Vs Clan battles (in game it would be a friendly way to hone each clans skills to help against the enemies of the Tenno)

TopHatRaptor

however, I'd like to see them be purchased with not only platinum, but also credits. As someone pointed out above, perhaps having rooms cost a certain amount of credits would be nice. Along with decorations costing credits too.

miniKAD

An idea I was just thinking of, is a clan blueprint in one of the rooms.

A member can put a blueprint up (one from their inventory), and other clan members could contribute x amount of rescources towards the project.

It reduces grinding, and increases "team spirit" so to speak.

Maybe some sort of clan reward to people who contribute a lot of rescources towards these clan blueprints.

Just an idea floating around in my mind.

Shion963

I had the thought of clan dojos that starts out as old and broken, and gets cleaner/prettier and unlocks more rooms as the clan progresses in numbers or some clan level that increases as we do missions with clan members.

PacotheFriendlyTaco

Also I think it would be cool if the clan sometimes get alerts and have the option to do a clan base defense. Similar to the other defense missions but you are playing it in your base. Only clan members can connect to this. //// Compounding on that idea, have some exclusive clan swag that can only be obtained from these defense missions. Also have other clan missions available in systems.//// Perhaps there can be a special "clan ability" that has its own hotkey. In the clan base you would build facilities. Each facility requires its own blueprint and mats. When you make the facility, the clan has the option to use its corresponding ability. As you level up the facility with more mats (this can relate to getting level up blueprints or maybe completing clan activites, in other words clan does such and such and you can level this room up once), the ability gets better. As an example... maybe adding turret defenses to your base will give you an ability to temporarily increase your defense in the field.

PhoAgne

Just few more thoughts about defence base: if you must defence whole your base - for 4 player it may be really difficult, especially if your clan have really big base. And there will be big base, cause 100 people cant fit in 3 rooms - i am talking about big clans.

Of course, devs may do easy way - all you need to protect entry to your base. But this is boring, we already have this type of missions.

I want to suggest this: wave will not come from anywhere, they will come to rooms. What i mean: you started defence base mission and appeared in dojo. Then Lotus say something like " Intruders' coming to training room" - and all 4 players run to the training room, where enemy already broke wall or will break. Then wave is cleared, "Intruders in Hall of Fame" - and you run again.

Zed0

I'd love an armoury where we could look at the weapons, warframes and gear we have.

And see weapons slowly being developed as it's crafted.

DSMK2

Would it be a cool idea if acquiring a clan/player base requires the player or a squad to take over a Grineer/Corpus base for a start? Taking over higher level base would be challenging but it nets you better quality and featured bases and such.

showingblank

1. I'm thinking that the level of the clan should dictate number of rooms available. If a small clan can get to a high level, makes sense that the people in it are well versed in the arts of killing/working together killing stuff.

Heck, even a 'project' room(foundry sounds good). You walk in, BAM crafting pods! (Project room/Foundry should be default)

< >------------ Press 'x' to activate

List of projects come up. Select your projects, input amount of mats, 'deposit'

( Prints for tiles, prints for control systems, prints for tables, prints for mats(those you kneel on, since we're all, yaknow.. Tenno and jippon-style). )

Mats Progress bar goes up to full. Once full, craft can begin with Leaders or Warlords, with a timer of days!\

Level up your rooms! Rooms will still be usable, but timer will be ridiculous (level 1 - 5 days, level 2 - 7 days, level 3 - 2 weeks)

Room levels passively affect the room ops, foundry more efficient etc etc.

Each room can have a 'mod' system, where you can craft room "add-ons". Level of clan/room will determine power/limit/slots.

Foundry: Building Bots - Decrease build time by X%.

Refiner - Decrease mats cost by X%

Guild Vault: Shelves, Cases, Displays - MOAR SPACE

Armoury: Displays - Weapons can be DONATED by clan members so others can TRY (achievement for having EVERY weapon) (weapons will not be lost if donated)

Training Dummies - Duh, you shoot them :D

Meditation Room (Meditation/meeting room should also be a default): Scroll cases - More space for lore! ( -likes lore- ) Every

level of upgrade would yield chance to drop different/rarer lore.

Wall of fame - Achievements can be listed here

Data bank - Guild stats display

Of course, every room can be 'modded' with Security Protocols!

Traps? Yes please!

Laser doors? DIE CORPUS DIE!

Spikes from the floors? HOLe-Y INFESTED!

Auto Turrets? :D:D:D:D Of course it'll be preset and will be positioned at entryways

2. As we mentioned lore, how about as usual, LORE PIECES. We always do raids, but WHAT FOR?

Now we have a reason! Low rates of the artifacts containing Tenno/Grineer/Infested/Corpus 'Secrets'/Lore. (Knowledge is power, know thy enemy etcetc). Rescue missions could yield "interrogation" results similar. Defense would be similar, but our subject in the pod would contribute some secret?

Allow drop if clan-yes;clan lore lvl = lvl of lore.

Could also link lore to the types of "Overall room" pieces that CAN drop, "Your clan has now researched Metalworking, Advanced Mechanics, [insert other crafting related field here] - Foundry has been unlocked."

3. Defense missions are an awesome idea! I would love to work with my clan! For every +1 person difficulty will be an additional 10% as well as normal increases. (e.g Jackal is 17 for solo, 35 for 4 people, becomes 18 for solo, 40-ish with 4 people) (the formula can obviously be tweaked >.>)

4. Clan bonuses should be cumulative, Warlord + Leaders have access to adjust the clan bonus 'skill tree'. Skills added must be approved by at least 3 of the leaders. Make them minor, not game breaking; +5% health increase, but with 10 levels in your guild, who knows! ( Healthy guild, this one. )

Also, missions should also have a clan bonus, after normal bonuses, +10% for ea clan member in the mission (caps at 30%) for affinity gained. This bonus could also be the amount of affinity gained by the Clan.

5. Lastly, I can just imagine clicking 'Clan BoO' (BaseOfOps) and I see my frame in the guild room. I walk up to my clanmate and I type in one of the many clan 'emotes' unlocked(through achievements hopefully, but credits and plat will also do fine) /wave /cry /dance.. imagine the possibilites!

wertandrew

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><<><><><>><><<><><><><><><><><><>

1) All basic clan room can be purchased in the ways and price mentioned before but it would be nice if it was a specific type of currency ONLY for clans that could purchase the big extensions and rooms, while this currency will require A LOT of effort to be obtained, as clans are usually serious, hardworking players. So I would say an extension of a room is equal from a million credits until 50 million credits (bear in mind that there will be clans with 200+ members also)

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><<><><><>><><<><><><><><><><><>

2) Clan buffs are a great idea, I support it fully. I reckon that in order to claim clan buffs again purchase from the market using CLAN currency.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><<><><><>><><<><><><><><><><><>

3) I fully also support the vault, trolling controls could relate to priviledges in the clan, so INITIATIVE rank sees different stuff than OFFICER, EXECUTIVE and LEADER. These are some ranks I thought about, dunno if being said already.

4) Prestige: Clans can have levels, just as players do and they have to do a task all together to level up, for example I would recommend a BADASS boss that needs a lot of experienced lvl3 + players to nail. When a player has a clan then a mark will indicate it (eg. lvl3 clan will automatically have a Tenno sign next to the name of the players or visual mark on their bodies). Leaders will have the helmet of leadership which can be a skin for the helmet, indicating the level of clan by the design of the helmet (different designs for each level).

5) Dojo rooms can have specially placed weaponry which is purchased by the clan and put into the dojo box which can be obtained and tested by all members ONLY in the area of the dojo (so there is no stealing of stuff etc.). No xp in this area. Dojo targets and virtual enemies can be again purchased with CLAN credit (Eg. the seeker will be the most expensive virtual evemy for the clan to purchase, I would say 3 million credits). Enemies are automatically switched off by going out of the room (if it is too hard for example).

6) Music for the dojo can be a good idea as well, adding to the list of purchased things for the clan room.

7) Clan-Wars: I am going out for a sec but I have this idea as well. What if clans could compete in times of completion of levels or wave number achieved in defense missions? That would make a "clan-war" gameplay PvE style. This mode could be set-up as a "bet", having both clans putting CLAN credits for it and assigning specific members of their clan to compete. Again, this is PvE so the players can recompete for better performance at a limited time and whoever gets the best time/kills/wave number wins the credits.

8) This list starts to get excessive so I will finish with a last point. Clan logos could be purchased for CLAN credit, symbols to make etc. then be placed around the clan base.

We hope you like what so many creative minds here created over the time. This started as an idea by myself, but now, its a product of many people. Lets hope this will be added in future updates =)

Edited by Venarge

I like this idea a lot

not so much the dojo, it should look more like a starship to fit with the art style, but that's just how I feel

Yeah. The dojo was just my first idea of how it might look like. Like Marabunta said, this needs to be "Tennofyed" :D

I would suggest making the dojo and the rooms on it massive blueprints, wouldnt want to limit the content of the game. This would do a few things, one it would give a valuable credit, polymer bundle,ferrite, nano spore dump. Two it gives a clan a unified goal outside of acquiring resources. Aside from the rooms that offer minigames you could easily have utility rooms.

- The dojo would be an amazing place to allow the implementation of player made courses that would work like missions but instead of a reward you would get a rank against other clan members.(clans could implement their own rewards for certain ranks?)

- A cryo room could be added to earn an extra life on a single frame (you would log out here)

- A Meeting room could be implemented just for kicks and giggles (love to have special areas for the higher ranks) and this room could be used as a show room, new players could look at video of frames to get a better understanding of what they do. make it techy with computers, i sometimes forget things after sleeping for 8 hours these people have been out for how long?

- and zypher vault!

- and then the finale, when alerts come up lights could go off and the lotus's voice would come over the coms

- Blue prints could be added for decorations such as different chairs and paintings of course

- Guild challenges could produce special trophies that could be placed in a trophy room or in the main room of this orokin cell

-finaly different "styles" could be offered for these clan cells. From classic dojo to a station under construction

Though i would like to (if this is implemented) attacks on these areas, maybe not the ones in use but add a tileset that looks like these.

theres too much that can be done with this to not do it XD from both a moneymaking standpoint and an essential in game oppurtunity to expand an already amazing game.

Edited by Valentime

- and zypher vault!

great ideas mate =)

A shared VAULT (items/guns/blueprints/credits/artifacts) etc would be nice too !

Only one fault with this idea... people who take all the best gear and just sell it all for trolls :l

If that situation can be avoided though, be a great idea.

You mean as additional Alert missions to protect base? (Such when you just finished a mission containing Corpus, they retaliate and attack your own base in which you and a friend could defend)

Would add some good additional stuff such as small amount of components since when you lose a fight, you tend to lose some materials in it (Such as bullets, small material items used in robots or scavenged weapons (components on it), that kind of stuff).

You mean as additional Alert missions to protect base? (Such when you just finished a mission containing Corpus, they retaliate and attack your own base in which you and a friend could defend)

Would add some good additional stuff such as small amount of components since when you lose a fight, you tend to lose some materials in it (Such as bullets, small material items used in robots or scavenged weapons (components on it), that kind of stuff).

That sounds brilliant. Havent thought about yet but it would give these missions a great tension.

That sounds brilliant. Havent thought about yet but it would give these missions a great tension.

I was thinking of a downside but it sounded redundant when i looked it over... what it was, was if none of the clan members decided to stop them and the timer hit 0, then the faction that attacked would raid part of the clan vault (Grineer and Corpus for cash loss, Infection would be vault wise where they break some items and they would need repair... possibility for a repair area to fix weapons with components)

Went against it because what if the Clan is too small or too weak? Wouldn't be able to hold them off or be on to do it. Lots of Pros and Cons.

Went against it because what if the Clan is too small or too weak? Wouldn't be able to hold them off or be on to do it. Lots of Pros and Cons.

Easy solution: The attacking enemy is based on the clan members. How many are on and what level do they have. This will be used to give a challanging but not imossible fight with a well balanced enemy =)Like you said: not all members of a clan are always on at the same time. ^^

Edited by Venarge

Loving all the ideas here :) and as for the vault, it would most likely be a place for clans to compile their resources to build clan prints, such as the other rooms. Maybe just maybe you could do a "insert whatever we use in 7 here" storage system but have ranks in the guild that can be assigned privelages just like any other clan.

Yeah loads of great ideas. Clan vault, buying/building new rooms, decorations, trophies from bosses, ...

What I would really like to see is VR Training. Somewhere where you could test weapons before buying them, train for acrobatics, test skills, all that in a virtual environment.

If they really exploit the clan dojo to its full potential this can become one of the best community intergration systems ever seen in a game! :D

Edited by Jakiller

What I would really like to see is VR Training. Somewhere where you could test weapons before buying them, train for acrobatics, test skills, all that in a virtual environment.

If they really exploit the clan dojo to its full potential this can become one of the best community intergration systems ever seen in a game! :D

This is kinda what i had in mind for the training room, it would be instanced much like missions would be but with player made courses for accuracy, parkour, challenges etc.

This is kinda what i had in mind for the training room, it would be instanced much like missions would be but with player made courses for accuracy, parkour, challenges etc.

yeah. And since the levels are made with different parts, places like the training halls and the clan bases itself could be made the same way to give clans the oportunity to create their own base bit by bit <3

To give my idea a little blueprint xD, I made this

zluo93doe96q.png

NOTE: I dont want to make a sims game here. This is just an easy way to give players/ clans a way to customize their clan bases in an easy way (in my opinion). Giving the people the choice to "create" something and work together for certain rooms they want to get, brings people together.

And with the suggested defense missions here, you really got something to fight for. Cause what do you want to defend most? Something you worked for with your friends and allies =)

There would be seperated clan account on which money will be transfered to after special clan missions. From this account only, the clan can buy new rooms.This way, it wouldnt end up like: Lets sell the mods and get 500k on one day..... Same goes for the materials for certain interior cosmetics. All this could be obtained through platinum as well :3

Edited by Venarge

I would like something more (( aliens )) or more egyptian kinda arts style to fit the teno , but i like the idea of clan base but having cutumisable skins is a must :D

I think those who as paid 100 $ plus as a founder should get a PRIME design dojo skin for free :D with golden stuff egyptian kinda art style in it :D

Edited by Stew360

I would like something more (( aliens )) or more egyptian kinda arts style to fit the teno , but i like the idea of clan base but having cutumisable skins is a must :D

I think those who as paid 100 $ plus as a founder should get a PRIME design dojo skin for free :D with golden stuff egyptian kinda art style in it :D

Nice idea. The clan leader would be one of the master founders at the beginning to ensure that the clan gets the special skin :3

Hmm egyptian... Sounds nice, but the overall look would be like japanes i think. But maybe some decorations. A giant alien pharo head or something :D Or maybe alternate designs. Maybe we get different themes later. Dark themes/ metal theme/ Egyptian etc. Great variety makes games more interesting ;)

stew the prime design thing would make certain clans more appealing and would be a clan gift not single player gift XD

also im having a hard time imagining egyptian stule futuristic space ships that ninjas sit in >>

Hmm yeah. But in Stargate for example, they had a pretty cool futuristic egyptian style, in my opinion ^^

Some ornaments or something like that could fit ^^

Edited by Venarge

I whole-heartedly agree to player rooms and such.

However, I'd like to see them be purchased with not only platinum, but also credits. As someone pointed out above, perhaps having rooms cost a certain amount of credits would be nice. Along with decorations costing credits too. I can see something like this:

Platinum purchase - Comes with a preset amount of rooms and decorations that can be fiddled around with, and just enough of each to make each room special and unique and make the base/home large enough for a good-sized clan.

Credit purchase - You have to purchase rooms individually, as well as decor.

I think something like that would work well to appease both those who wish to pay for in-game items and those who don't wish to put one cent into the game.