Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: The Clan Base

Venarge

I whole-heartedly agree to player rooms and such.

However, I'd like to see them be purchased with not only platinum, but also credits. As someone pointed out above, perhaps having rooms cost a certain amount of credits would be nice. Along with decorations costing credits too. I can see something like this:

Platinum purchase - Comes with a preset amount of rooms and decorations that can be fiddled around with, and just enough of each to make each room special and unique and make the base/home large enough for a good-sized clan.

Credit purchase - You have to purchase rooms individually, as well as decor.

I think something like that would work well to appease both those who wish to pay for in-game items and those who don't wish to put one cent into the game.

Good point. I had in mind that it is more about the "credits" payment anyways. Something that should/must be achieved with many people playing within the clan would bring the people together. There should be no difference of plat/credit rooms. Every room should be obtainable through clan work. And by simply walking through the rooms and corridors everyone helped to build would bring a huge feeling of afiliation to the members and encourages them to be an active part of the clan =)

+1

I fully support this idea.

A clan base would be one hell of an addition to the game.

Thx for your support Tenno =)

Sorry in advance if this has already been suggested.

An idea I was just thinking of, is a clan blueprint in one of the rooms.

A member can put a blueprint up (one from their inventory), and other clan members could contribute x amount of rescources towards the project.

It reduces grinding, and increases "team spirit" so to speak.

Maybe some sort of clan reward to people who contribute a lot of rescources towards these clan blueprints.

Just an idea floating around in my mind.

• 2 weeks later...

Great idea! I had the thought of clan dojos that starts out as old and broken, and gets cleaner/prettier and unlocks more rooms as the clan progresses in numbers or some clan level that increases as we do missions with clan members.

Great idea! I had the thought of clan dojos that starts out as old and broken, and gets cleaner/prettier and unlocks more rooms as the clan progresses in numbers or some clan level that increases as we do missions with clan members.

A nice idea as well =)

Only one fault with this idea... people who take all the best gear and just sell it all for trolls :l

If that situation can be avoided though, be a great idea.

Maybe if you could only borrow items from the clan vault, and weren't allowed to sell them, and they were automatically returned when you logged out?

Also add a time limit on how long you can borrow them for, so that people can't just leave their accounts logged in

Also, as an incentive for people to put them in the clan vault, the original owner could gain a small percentage of the experience gained with that weapon when someone else uses it, or a credit bonus per mission that it's used in etc

Ahh fellows after my heart, all of you. Yes such would be a great "feel" to add to the game. An actual physical space where we can plan, so on and so forth. I believe then clan/guild term in warframe is "Cell" seeing as how various groups will work independent of one another. A tenno-fied dojo would probably be best, that or a cyber ninja command room. Something that compliments their beliefs in conjunction with the tech available.

In regards to a Cell, I would like everyone to notice the tatoo/marking on Excalibur's shoulder. It is the marking of the lotus. If this area can be changed with the introduction of player made tatooes it would add a sort of cohesiveness within the various cells.

I love all these ideas. One concern, though. I'm iffy on the gifting idea. I think gifting to fellow higher-levels would be fine but giving a newer player incredible mods and stuff could make the game less entertaining for them. Not ruin it, just less entertaining. That isn't something I would want.

Also I think it would be cool if the clan sometimes get alerts and have the option to do a clan base defense. Similar to the other defense missions but you are playing it in your base. Only clan members can connect to this.

Also I think it would be cool if the clan sometimes get alerts and have the option to do a clan base defense. Similar to the other defense missions but you are playing it in your base. Only clan members can connect to this.

+1 to that.

Excellent idea.

+1 to that.

Excellent idea.

Compounding on that idea, have some exclusive clan swag that can only be obtained from these defense missions. Also have other clan missions available in systems.

Edited by PacotheFriendlyTaco

There is two problems with base defence misson: should it be a standart-like mission, i mean for 4 players, or it should be for whole clan? And second: what if no players will be online while enemy atacking clan base?

And one more idea: mission to capture another clan base, something like a raid. W8ing 4 PvP ^^

Sorry if i've made mistakes, bad english-speaker and stuff ^^"

Edited by PhoAgne

There is two problems with base defence misson: should it be a standart-like mission, i mean for 4 players, or it should be for whole clan? And second: what if no players will be online while enemy atacking clan base?

And one more idea: mission to capture another clan base, something like a raid. W8ing 4 PvP ^^

When I thought of it I imagined it would be a standard 4 player co-op defense that can have multiple instances. Like, say 4 clan members have a defense game going. Four more could just start up another game. If this happened it should be optional. It shouldn't punish you for not doing it but it would be cool to see perks for keeping your base alien-free.

As far as PvP/clanwars... ehhhh. Way down the line, maybe. Right now I think that should be the last of anyone's focus.

There could be more than 1 team fighting against the invaders ^^ Or 8 ^^

How it is easier to implement^^

To your second concern: We talked about it and found a nice solution ;)

The attack/invason depends on how many are online atm and their level. This would fit new players very well. And there would be no problem with too many enemies vs a few clan mates ^^

Just few more thoughts about defence base: if you must defence whole your base - for 4 player it may be really difficult, especially if your clan have really big base. And there will be big base, cause 100 people cant fit in 3 rooms - i am talking about big clans.

Of course, devs may do easy way - all you need to protect entry to your base. But this is boring, we already have this type of missions.

I want to suggest this: wave will not come from anywhere, they will come to rooms. What i mean: you started defence base mission and appeared in dojo. Then Lotus say something like " Intruders' coming to training room" - and all 4 players run to the training room, where enemy already broke wall or will break. Then wave is cleared, "Intruders in Hall of Fame" - and you run again.

I hope, you understand what i've wrote ^^'

upd: and about big base: ypu can have base with a lot of rooms or you can make a little nice place but with limit of people, when the limit is reached server just created one more copy of base and you easy switch between them (like in Spiral Knights). Sory, i dont know right terminology.

Edited by PhoAgne