Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Shade's Ghost Mod Working For Anyone?

Kalrath

I picked up Shade yesterday and maxed out Ghost on it, but it's flat-out not working for me.  Shade will cloak me, and then half a second later the cloak just vanishes on its own, without my attacking or bumping into any enemy.  It doesn't matter if I'm moving or standing still.  Is anyone else seeing a similar issue?

I picked up Shade yesterday and maxed out Ghost on it, but it's flat-out not working for me.  Shade will cloak me, and then half a second later the cloak just vanishes on its own, without my attacking or bumping into any enemy.  It doesn't matter if I'm moving or standing still.  Is anyone else seeing a similar issue?

You do realized Ghost has a max range right? You need to be in proximity to a target for it to work, so even if you don't move, an enemy can move and it can turn itself off

You do realized Ghost has a max range right? You need to be in proximity to a target for it to work, so even if you don't move, an enemy can move and it can turn itself off

Yes, I know it has a max range, but the cloak will fail even if I'm standing five feet away from a guy.  I'll be trying to sneak up on some Corpus grunt like the awesome space ninja that I am, the cloak will vanish without warning, and then he'll turn around and start SHOOTING ME IN THE FACE, which is not a very space ninja-ish thing to have happen.

Enemy also has to stay within visual range. Say the enemy moves behind a box blocking line of sight from the shade to the target, it'll also decloak.

Enemy also has to stay within visual range. Say the enemy moves behind a box blocking line of sight from the shade to the target, it'll also decloak.

Remember that visual range if for Shade and not for you, so make sure you allow Shade to see the enemy for it to cloak.

All of these people giving tips on how to use Shade have clearly not been using him in the past few weeks.

Shade is either bugged, or received a ninja nerf. Delay between cloaks has been heftily increased. He decloaks when surrounded by nearby enemies, even when nothing is obstructing his view. I've gotten killed too many times because of both of these issues; he's really unreliable compared to how he was back in October.

All of these people giving tips on how to use Shade have clearly not been using him in the past few weeks.

Shade is either bugged, or received a ninja nerf. Delay between cloaks has been heftily increased. He decloaks when surrounded by nearby enemies, even when nothing is obstructing his view. I've gotten killed too many times because of both of these issues; he's really unreliable compared to how he was back in October.

Oh....so the fact I've used him today, yesterday, the week before and the week before doesn't count?

Yeah, I'll walk into a room unnoticed with about five enemies milling around.  Shade cloaks me from about five meters away from the closest enemy.  I'll take a couple of steps, and then with three enemies all within three meters of me in clear LOS, Shade TROLLOLOLOL drops the cloak and they all shoot me.

Oh....so the fact I've used him today, yesterday, the week before and the week before doesn't count?

You're pretty darn lucky to have it work for you. I've been maining Shade until around November, which is when he started glitching out like crazy and getting me killed in wide-open spaces by decloaking for no reason and taking too long to recloak.

Been using him on and off since then, but he's become incredibly unreliable. He needs fixing, whether this nerf was intentional or not.

Edited by SortaRandom

You basically have to be an enemy's shade for it to work. The enemy needs to be close, within the Shade's line of sight, and it still has a delay and cooldown. You need to stay close to the enemy if you want to be cloaked, and getting too far from it or attacking will break the cloak. I do feel that Ghost's cooldown has become much longer, though...

Look amigo, I've been using shade ever since I know myself as a Tenno, and I'll tell you this:

Shade's naturally annoying to use.

Lag can cause him to break sparcely and without clear cause, Shade must always have a clear and 100% unobstructed view to the enemy, and nowadays, thanks to the dumbest "Anti-A.F.K.rs" systems I've ever seen on the face of earth, you can't stand for too long an the same spot, or shade will de-cloak. (It doesn't matter if you're moving, firing, or jumping, or all three at the same time. The game has a small timer that goes whenever you're within a tiny space, and if when the timer goes out you still haven't moved out of that "Small area", it will consider you an A.F.K.r and deactivate your sentinels and drop anything you may be holding.)

So yeah, don't take Shade too seriously nowadays. Take him with a grain of salt, and just try to enjoy the game and do your best to keep him cloaked. (And, most important of all, be always ready to be un-cloaked the next second.)

I'm sorry both of you guys are having this problem then. This thread needs to get moved to bug feedback though, if it's a legitimate issue it needs to be treated as such instead of being lost in all the rage nerf/buff threads

I'm beginning to have doubts that mods take "minor" issues such as these seriously. After a month and a half of relentlessly bumping one of my threads, for example, the Glaive still doesn't function properly and has its distance reset on every bounce, so it can take up to seven seconds after throwing for it to even start to return to the thrower. Kestrel doesn't have this issue.

Make sure you have it in the right slot. Sentinels use their abilities based on where they are placed, prioritising left to right, top to bottom. So if you have revenge in the top left and ghost in the top right your shade will prioritise shooting enemies over cloaking you.

Ghost was always very unpredictable for me. Close proximity to enemy that shade is looking right at; no cloak. Running down abandoned corridor; I go invisible (though I think some of those may be from dormant sentry guns). When it does pop up correctly; cloak lasts anywhere from several seconds to a fraction of a second.

It's nice sometimes when hacking a console or rezzing someone, but so unreliable that the hooverbot is usually my go to sentinel.

That's not really a bug, the Glaive doesn't return linearly, it tries to get as many bounces as it can before returning. I've modded it with minus bounce and it'll return straight away. The glaive is just really wonky.

No, no, you missed my point. The glaive, when thrown, flies a distance of about 30 metres before returning. Kestrel flies about 20. The distance keeps ticking on even if it bounces off many things; the moment it flies a total distance of 30m (Kestrel, 20) is when it starts to fly back to its owner.

Ever since U10, though, the Glaive would always "reset" its distance upon bouncing off a surface. So if it flies 29 metres forward and hits an object, it'll bounce and fly on for another 30m, rather than flying the remaining 1m and then starting its return journey. If you're unlucky enough, the Glaive will repeatedly bounce off faraway objects and can take up to around seven seconds of flight before it even begins its return flight (which, depending on how far away it is, can actually take up to another seven seconds). Before U10, the Glaive was generally back in your hand within three seconds (the same time that it takes to fly a straight line and fly back without hitting anything). The only way to completely avoid the distance reset issue is using a maxed Quick Return mod, which not everybody wants to use.

You can go ingame and experiment with this if you want.

I use him a lot. I simply use him for defensive purposes in mid combat. To disappear in the midst of a heated battle, and reappear in safety to unleash hell once more... or take down annoying enemies that make the battle impossible.

I feel your pain op. I have used shade for a long time and it was never like this. I would detect enemies almost instantly at good distances before, cloak you, then remain that way until you attacked. Then to cloak again you would just run or jump without firing then it would cloak you again rather quickly. It was great. But now it's just plain useless. I do not use it anymore because of how messed up it is.

I started this thread

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/144139-shade-ghost/#entry1708547

Maybe you all could make some comments about your experiences there to so we can have shade get fixed.

I don't want to see this great sentinal go to waste.