Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Shade's Ghost Mod Working For Anyone?

Kalrath

No, no, you missed my point. The glaive, when thrown, flies a distance of about 30 metres before returning. Kestrel flies about 20. The distance keeps ticking on even if it bounces off many things; the moment it flies a total distance of 30m (Kestrel, 20) is when it starts to fly back to its owner.

Ever since U10, though, the Glaive would always "reset" its distance upon bouncing off a surface. So if it flies 29 metres forward and hits an object, it'll bounce and fly on for another 30m, rather than flying the remaining 1m and then starting its return journey. If you're unlucky enough, the Glaive will repeatedly bounce off faraway objects and can take up to around seven seconds of flight before it even begins its return flight (which, depending on how far away it is, can actually take up to another seven seconds). Before U10, the Glaive was generally back in your hand within three seconds (the same time that it takes to fly a straight line and fly back without hitting anything). The only way to completely avoid the distance reset issue is using a maxed Quick Return mod, which not everybody wants to use.

You can go ingame and experiment with this if you want.

I'm not missing the point. I'm saying it was always like that for me and that IS why I use a maxed quick return

I'm not missing the point. I'm saying it was always like that for me and that IS why I use a maxed quick return

It was not always like that. I've been maining the Glaive as my melee long before Update 10; I can confirm that this was not the case.