Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Supra Is Not A Weapon To Be Considered Atm

yarash2110

The supra first of all needs a massive accuracy buff for someone to even think "i should get this"

And what i suggest doing is making it into electricity damage, making it a different and better weapon,

Write your opinion in the comments and thank you for reading

lol, "i got X weapon but its really a pinch to use, buff it because it sucks and i want it to be easier to use even though it does alot of damage"

i guess someone never had a supra, and if you really didn't why are you even writing this, if you do you should know that supra has the worst accuracy ingame, its much easier to use a boar at distance the supra, it needs an accuracy buff to be viable, and ppl write this kind of threads for a reason

Give it a 1,200 clip, 100x crit damage, make the base damage 1,500, increase the fire rate to be faster than soma, make the accuracy better than a vectis, make all elemental damage x100% and stick some wings on it. Bam!

nonotreally.

great ideas, but an accuracy buff would be enough for me

It doesn't need anything.  It takes skill to use.  If you have the skill to use it, it's an extremely powerful weapon.

This game is already gear-based enough as it is.  Can we please not remove what little talent requirements there are?

trying to hint i'm not skilled? Nah, having an ash a volt or whatever frame can get close to enemies is not called skill, because you need to be in the enemy to hit

i guess someone never had a supra, and if you really didn't why are you even writing this, if you do you should know that supra has the worst accuracy ingame, its much easier to use a boar at distance the supra, it needs an accuracy buff to be viable, and ppl write this kind of threads for a reason

it has the worst accuracy in the game because thats the grace of using a heavy ****ing laser machinegun with high firerate and firePOWER

ever heard the "up close and personal" or "in your face" kind of style? well that is what its intended for

Though i love it, Supra simply doesn't kill the mobs on T3Def later waves (+Puncture, + Corrosive, + Fire), even with Nova ult debuff (x2damage), while lolSoma can, it's dissapointing really.

It needs a 100 clip instead of 90, a bit tight spread, a bit more crits (like 5 or 7,5%), a bit more status chance (again, like 5 or 7,5%)

the supra is fine the way it is, if you want accuracy and bullet speed, go get the dera, the supra isnt clearly for you

if anything, there should be a mod to increase accuracy, but aside from that supra is a great weapon, ive forma'd mine 6 times and i dont regret it at all

Edited by HillsAndTheSea

given all the new "make your weapon wildly innacurate for more power" mods that have been introduced... steady hands and their ilk just don't cut it.

recoil is not a problem for ANY weapon afaict. it just means more skill is required to keep the weapon under control...

however, there is no accuracy mod. i find this to be a gross oversight.

i'm not asking for much, % based increase, capping at 40% 3 ranks, starting at 10%.

that would solve so many of my issues.

i can use Supra just fine, at medium range. of course you need to burst fire if you don't want to miss with some rounds at that range.

Supra also deals superb damage.

while i'd like to say yes for Electricity damage, there's no need for it, it's normal damage spread like the other Corpus weapons is fine.

if you want Supra to be 100% accurate, well, it's a Machine Gun. the only Machine Guns currently now that are highly accurate under Automatic fire, are mounted M2HB's. all handheld options will have a lot of kick for the user.

Supra is supposed to be more of a bullet wall than Accuracy, but it can hit things accurately anyways if you use Trigger Discipline.

that video up there with Heavy Caliber (i haven't used enough Forma on mine yet) isn't even that bad! that's not really much less Accurate than how Supra is normally.

at the end of the day, if you expect to shoot accurately with Supra, you'll need Trigger Discipline. it's one of the most fundamental, and one of the most difficult, parts of Firearms to master. i consider myself no master of it.

I like how people are defending a bad weapon and specially when someone ask the developers to bring it up to par with others. It's just so fun reading these topics seeing people who have formad a weapon more than 4 times come in and say it's really good when it's more of "What weapon doesn't get good with 4 Forma?". Not to mention they are hostile as well.

As if you guys have anything to lose on this. The weapon could only be made better. But no, Hardcore Warframe fanboys will defend anything DE do and they are stopping the progress of the game by doing so.

The gun needs a buff as it's pretty bad in several ways.

The bullets clog up the screen with too many lights.

The gun is wildly inaccurate. (You can't just burst fire because shots will still miss due to random recoil)

Bullets are slow enough for someone to dodge them within 5 meter.

I like how people are defending a bad weapon and specially when someone ask the developers to bring it up to par with others. It's just so fun reading these topics seeing people who have formad a weapon more than 4 times come in and say it's really good when it's more of "What weapon doesn't get good with 4 Forma?". Not to mention they are hostile as well.

As if you guys have anything to lose on this. The weapon could only be made better. But no, Hardcore Warframe fanboys will defend anything DE do and they are stopping the progress of the game by doing so.

The gun needs a buff as it's pretty bad in several ways.

The bullets clog up the screen with too many lights.

The gun is wildly inaccurate. (You can't just burst fire because shots will still miss due to random recoil)

Bullets are slow enough for someone to dodge them within 5 meter.

thank you very much, for your comment,

thank you very much, for your comment,

You misspelled "thanks for agreeing with me" and honestly I think you guys are using it wrong, its not meant for 1 enemy, its meant for a crowd that you vaporize by making a wall of lasers against targets who won't purposefully dodge, most will run right up to you or stay in place.

For the people who think supra is op and its ok because the damage is huge and so the accuracy makes up for it i want you to listen to me, and do as i say,

Look at the soma, now at supra, now back at soma, now back at supra, now look at the polarities of both, and now imagine a straight up soma with a potato, and a supra with a potato and two formas, and tell me again, whats about supra being a balanced weapon?

For the cost having ok accuracy, not 100% like dera but ok, is defenetly not too much to ask, and for everyone saying "it just needs to be used by skilled players" its either a spray and pray weapon on distance or single shotts that sometimes kind of hit in medium range

Now for everyone who says its supposed to create a wall of laser, more like a frame, the accuracy of the boltor creates a wall, supra simply misses,

Now lets take a look at soma, high ROF just like supra, faster wind up, two v's straight up, larger clip, faster reload, better accuracy and recoil, and better damage when modded, tell me this is not a joke

You misspelled "thanks for agreeing with me" and honestly I think you guys are using it wrong, its not meant for 1 enemy, its meant for a crowd that you vaporize by making a wall of lasers against targets who won't purposefully dodge, most will run right up to you or stay in place.

as i said, boltor creates a wall, supra misses, so yeah show a video of supra at 5 meters away? Maybe show the supra in every other grineer room? Or the corpus outpost? And no i just like he's argument that you can not argue with because its correct,

progress in your world is throwing balance out of the window for 'shiny diamond of the week', i suppose.

even though i have zero Forma on Supra (only recently claimed it from the Foundry, it's been waiting for a while), i can go do say, Grineer Survival, and it will be highly effective against them, because it has high Puncture damage. 

and if i put on Elementals to help against Corpus? it becomes effective against them.

if i just stack on lots of Blast damage? it does good damage against both Grineer and Infested, while being alright against Corpus.

(enemies used on in a pretty wide range between lv10 and lv40)

seems fine to me.

Look at the soma, now at supra, now back at soma, now back at supra, now look at the polarities of both, and now imagine a straight up soma with a potato, and a supra with a potato and two formas, and tell me again, whats about supra being a balanced weapon?

once again, the problem is Soma, not the other automatic weapons. all the rest of the automatic weapons past U11 are balanced pretty well against each other. 

Soma is leaps and bounds ahead of them, yes. but the 'fix' for that shouldn't be to buff all of the guns in the game, and then also increase the enemies, and then increase the Warframes, and then increase the mods, and then increase the guns, and then increase the enemies, and then increase the Warframes, and then.... oh....

because we've been having this stupid circle since Warframe has started, because these people in this PvE game get butthurt about the game trying to find a reasonable balance between everything, and would rather all of the numbers just constantly go up, achieving nothing at all, except wasting Digital Extremes' time. 

people seem to be really good at wasting Digital Extremes' time. 

edit:

if anything, i would argue Supra should have a higher Status Effect chance, due to it's ballistic projectiles and technically inferior 'Deeps' to Gorgon, once Elementals are added.

Edited by taiiat

"i dont like the supra" =/= "supra is a bad weapon"

i would even go so far to say "because the soma is easier to use, the supra isnt worth using"

yes the gun is inaccurate, yes the gun has slow lasers, but people like the supra for its lasers, its what makes it unique

"recoil is a problem" ? get a recoil mod, you can remove recoil %100 if you really want to 

the supra has the highest base damage of all the automatic rifles (remember that all mods scale from this), so of course thats going to come with tradeoffs, and i would like to point out no matter how much you forma a weapon, you can never improve the base damage which all mods scale from at the end of the day, 

granted, this problem is worse since supra takes soooo long to get and has no polarities, while the soma can be bought from the market with 2 V's, but trying to compare anything to the soma is silly at this point

saying the supra isnt balanced because the soma is better, means you have a problem with the soma, not the supra.

imo the easiest fix is the mod "vile precision" should add accuracy, not recoil. DE clearly missed forgot to do this when they changed heavy calibur to accuracy instead of recoil. DE has actually microbuffed the supra with damage 2.0, the formula that lowers accuracy with heavy calibur is a bit lower than it was previously, not saying thats helping, but clearly they have been trying to adjust the weapons, albeit somewhat slower than they should be doing.

Edited by HillsAndTheSea

What level missons the "Supra is ok"-guys playing?

Show me how it capable to take out enemies fast enough, let's say level 60+ Grineer (it supposed to be effective against them, right?).

My Synapse can do this, lolSoma can do this, tell mу then why my Supra can't do this?

And here's some numbers for you, but the main point is marked:

2hcdmi1.png

Edited by Riccoshot

"i dont like the supra" =/= "supra is a bad weapon"

i would even go so far to say "because the soma is easier to use, the supra isnt worth using"

yes the gun is inaccurate, yes the gun has slow lasers, but people like the supra for its lasers, its what makes it unique

"recoil is a problem" ? get a recoil mod, you can remove recoil %100 if you really want to 

the supra has the highest base damage of all the automatic rifles (remember that all mods scale from this), so of course thats going to come with tradeoffs, and i would like to point out no matter how much you forma a weapon, you can never improve the base damage which all mods scale from at the end of the day, 

granted, this problem is worse since supra takes soooo long to get and has no polarities, while the soma can be bought from the market with 2 V's, but trying to compare anything to the soma is silly at this point

saying the supra isnt balanced because the soma is better, means you have a problem with the soma, not the supra.

imo the easiest fix is the mod "vile precision" should add accuracy, not recoil. DE clearly missed forgot to do this when they changed heavy calibur to accuracy instead of recoil. DE has actually microbuffed the supra with damage 2.0, the formula that lowers accuracy with heavy calibur is a bit lower than it was previously, not saying thats helping, but clearly they have been trying to adjust the weapons, albeit somewhat slower than they should be doing.

wow wall of text, (english isn't my native language so this is kind of a slow read, i'l answer while reading) supra has no polaritiy, no space for a recoil mod

Thats called serration and crits,

The supra needs an accuracy buff but everyone put words in my mouth, im not saying make it like dera, just make it possible to hit, but keep it low enough for the cause of creating this barricade of high damage laser, boltor or less acuracy would be perfect for that

And once again, supra has no polarity, adding mods that cost this much meaning putting away either elementals, ammo, damage, multishot, which are all alot more importent and needed