Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Supra Is Not A Weapon To Be Considered Atm

yarash2110

I went in to look at the Damage 2.0 Spreadsheet. It does not account for player skill, which is to say, does not account for missed shots or damage fall-off. Using a mag's Bullet Attractor, yeah, it has amazing dps.

Also, it is ONE of the best. This means there are many BEST, even within each category. DPS is a fine way to rate the guns, but I think there are other factors, as many people in this thread have already pointed out: player skill, bullet travel time, and gun accuracy. Having to rate a gun based on all 4 of those criteria may just be the ultimate challenge for a comprehensive warframe guide.

Also, it is ONE of the best. This means there are many BEST, even within each category. DPS is a fine way to rate the guns, but I think there are other factors, as many people in this thread have already pointed out: player skill, bullet travel time, and gun accuracy. Having to rate a gun based on all 4 of those criteria may just be the ultimate challenge for a comprehensive warframe guide.

it's not hard to hit a target at medium range with Supras' accuracy.  you only lose a few bullets per second from your paper damage output.

if you use Trigger Discipline. Stabilizer if you can't stand the kick, some people cannot. to each his own.

I like how people are defending a bad weapon and specially when someone ask the developers to bring it up to par with others. It's just so fun reading these topics seeing people who have formad a weapon more than 4 times come in and say it's really good when it's more of "What weapon doesn't get good with 4 Forma?". Not to mention they are hostile as well.

As if you guys have anything to lose on this. The weapon could only be made better. But no, Hardcore Warframe fanboys will defend anything DE do and they are stopping the progress of the game by doing so.

The gun needs a buff as it's pretty bad in several ways.

The bullets clog up the screen with too many lights.

The gun is wildly inaccurate. (You can't just burst fire because shots will still miss due to random recoil)

Bullets are slow enough for someone to dodge them within 5 meter.

I've noticed the "I forma'd weapon X 4+ times and it's GREAT!" line of thinking apply to just about any weapon in the game (well, I doubt there are enough formas in the game for the Grakata).  My issue here is that some weapons are lacking in more than one category, and bringing this point up seems to just encourage some of us to flame someone for the whole "why is the king naked?" thing.

A slight buff in projectile flight speed is all that I would really hope for here, given that I've accidentially outrun the damn things when there was a Speed-Volt hanging aroung.  BTW, bullets clogging up the screen with lights is VERY much an annoyance for me in the darker missions.

I have a Supra, and I'm not too fond of it.  The projectiles travel just a bit too slowly, the "accuracy" is as bad as a shotgun (although this can be a definate plus in certain areas, so meh), and it requires Rifle Ammo Mutation to run the damn thing the way it seems is intended.

---------------------------------

I still use it, and I do have fun, but it could use a bit of love in a hotfix (given the expence to acquire it).  I think that's the important bit to note here.

---------------------------------

As to the +accuracy mod, ABSOLUTELY!  I don't know why these aren't in the game yet.  Probably too low a priority, given how many cans of worms were opened up by Damage 2.0, but here's hoping we see it soon.

Edited by Cytobel

Indeed you have.

I believe the reason the thread states it should not be considered is because of the previously mentioned accuracy and bullet travel time. Rating a F in 2 categories severly unbalances the S it gets in the only category the spreadsheet considers, making any weapon with an A rank across the board superior.

But that's me.

2lsb40n.jpg

The Supra is weapon that requires skill and forma to master. Above is a picture of a Supra (with infested build) u wish you had. The supra is a close range laser weapon. If you want a fast projectile speed laser gun then get the Dera. Also for the people who say they cant kill things in T3 def: You are either lying or you havent modded it right because I destroy everything in this universe with my Supra.

Supra is one of the best rifles in the game currently.

Unless you actually wanna hit stuff . . . which is kinda the point of the game. In order to get the amazing dps outta Supra you need Speed Trigger and Heavy Caliber, which I'm guessing doesn't do Supra any favors as far as accuracy. Both Synapse and Soma don't need Speed Trigger.

Though with Trinity and Dual Zorens I spose I could copter up to mobs faces and shoot them point blank.

I think I know what my next project is gonna be.

Only buff I'd really want for my Supra is either a larger clip (rather have this one) or faster reload and a status proc chance increase. You guys are trying to "fix" a weapon that works perfect for what it is, a massive LMG capable of decimating large groups from range or a short range shotgun alternative. Also, I'm so sick of everyone comparing it to the boring &#! do it all be all Soma. It's a ridiculous weapon that has no flaws, works at any range, any faction, and any situation. If you are going to balance anything bring that S#&$ in line... 

It does not promote any playstyle whatsoever.

Edited by Loubbo

they did not talk about this game being gear based, infact, they said the weapon requiers more skill then others, so yeah

Considering the exact wording they used, in the post I was referring to, was "This game is already gear-based enough as it is" I'm gonna have to say you're probably incorrect. I mean jeez I don't want to harp on this but misrepresenting someone's posts to have the opposite meaning is just silly.

(then again I think the entire argument is silly because no one is going to convince each other but hey whatever, what else is new? :P )

2lsb40n.jpg

The Supra is weapon that requires skill and forma to master. Above is a picture of a Supra (with infested build) u wish you had. The supra is a close range laser weapon. If you want a fast projectile speed laser gun then get the Dera. Also for the people who say they cant kill things in T3 def: You are either lying or you havent modded it right because I destroy everything in this universe with my Supra.

Do you use ammo mutation for t3 def? Even with ammo mutation and collecting every ammo I see, I still run out. At the last wave, it takes the entire clip to take down a heavy with bullets all to the head.

For T3 def in my build I used corrosive and fire, and without heavy caliber so that I can shred (included that too) enemies as they enter. Heavy caliber disappoints me sometimes =( as bullets can go over the heads of approaching enemies if I shoot at head level.. Is there something wrong with my build? 6 formaed supra btw.

When a high level mastery weapon needs  4+ formas to be "decent" enough

but it doesn't. 

Supra was already awesome when i first claimed it from the foundry, without ANY Forma.

the Forma i've since added has given plenty of mod space to tack on whatever Elementals you want, so it can be a somewhat unipurpose gun.

but Supra is still a heavily Puncture based gun. that's what it's good at. 

And better status chance / crit chance / reload

But it seems the Supra doesn't need a buff because inferior mechanics are counterbalanced by inferior damage.

And it's really great if you have rhino, trinity, ash or loki. You can get into shotgun range and spray things with bullets.

You can't aim at weak spots because sprayfire... and you'll still miss some shots because of the travel time.

But that's fine because sometimes enemies are sitting ducks or run at you in a straight line, you'll hit nearly 50% of your shots.

But that's ok, you'll only need 3-5x as much ammo as any other weapon. That's again counterbalanced by inferior crit/proc chance and damage.

Can't say anything bad about Supra, it's a really great weapon considering mastery rank and costs. In the hands of a skilled player it can bring nearly 50% of it's theoretical dps to the field. Enjoy

LOVE that true sarcasm

just my 2cents Supra is really bad and can use a buff to accuracy and bullet speed

no i dont agree with the fanboys that claim supra is fine in anyway because synapse and soma are plain better.

no i dont agree with the fanboys that claim supra is fine in anyway because synapse and soma are plain better.

once more, that's an issue of Synapse and Soma. (and because of the fact that all Crit weapons blow every non-Crit weapon out of the water now, regardless of stats).

you could double the accuracy and damage, and make Supra hitscan, and Synapse and Soma would still do more damage.

once more, that's an issue of Synapse and Soma. (and because of the fact that all Crit weapons blow every non-Crit weapon out of the water now, regardless of stats).

you could double the accuracy and damage, and make Supra hitscan, and Synapse and Soma would still do more damage.

once more for you thats not the issue of synapse and soma its the issue of supra

if you double the damage and make supra hitscan like you suggesting it could far exceed the other weapons in certain situations!

if you double the damage and make supra hitscan like you suggesting it could far exceed the other weapons in certain situations!

but not ANY weapon that Crits. 

Crits have been dealing absurd amounts of damage since U11, and it makes any gun without Crits, sh*t compared to one that does. 

so now instead of Armor Ignore is the way to go, we have Crits is the way to go.

but not ANY weapon that Crits. 

Crits have been dealing absurd amounts of damage since U11, and it makes any gun without Crits, sh*t compared to one that does. 

so now instead of Armor Ignore is the way to go, we have Crits is the way to go.

you could easily counter balance that by giving supra a good proc chance for status effects and/or giving it a small puncture effect like lanka this also would make it a bit more unique

you could easily counter balance that by giving supra a good proc chance for status effects and/or giving it a small puncture effect like lanka this also would make it a bit more unique

This also brings another point on why Supra is mediocre by everything. Sure, it doesn't have to be a crit weapon, but the Supra needs at least a very good quality to it that could make it the favorable alternative. Why is the proc chance so low? It's even half of what the Gorgon has. This characteristic gives some doubts on if the Supra could even be a good elemental weapon.

Since the Supra is suppose to be like a weapon that showers laser onto the foes, maybe we should give the weapon a built-in multishot mod IF DE is never planning to change the stats on the weapon.

yes, you could. 

and it would.

This also brings another point on why Supra is mediocre by everything. Sure, it doesn't have to be a crit weapon, but the Supra needs at least a very good quality to it that could make it the favorable alternative. Why is the proc chance so low? It's even half of what the Gorgon has. This characteristic gives some doubts on if the Supra could even be a good elemental weapon.

i absolutely do not understand the Status Effect Chance. it's 2.5%, but the hitscan Machine Guns, Gorgon and Soma, both have higher Status Chances.

but Supra isn't hitscan. so... shouldn't that mean a higher reward for Accuracy? a 15%(or even higher) Status Chance would... kind've make sense. if the gun is harder to operate, it should reward you for being so. more exotic weapons need to bring something to the table that less exotic ones don't.

Edited by taiiat