Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Face Behind The Name! V2

Luminati07

I find it difficult to post photos of myself in a place where not a lot of people know me, because, like NavyBluePanda, I am also transgender.

However, since my face isn't as bad as my voice, I think I can work up the guts to show you guys my goofy mug.

0yTwwaA.jpg

Also bonus mohawk!!

XUoPT0N.jpg

P.S. All of you guys are cute!!

At least you can sing!! Bloody stupidly high voice, no matter what I do! =P

...you're concerned about an optical illusion and I'm here with my nose pressed to my phone screen, trying to read your book titles.

Okay, so those book titles, left to right:

Keeping Faith, Perfect Match, Salem Falls, Songs of the Humpback Whale, all four by Jodi Picoult, Great Short Works of Edgar Allan Poe, Deltora Quest (collections two and three), Emily Rodda, one you can't see which is Ivanhoe, by Sir Walter Scott, and the Death Note (Black Edition) Volume IV (four).

There's a lot more on that darn shelf, but I dare not approach it to tell you all the names, for fear of my life—it's out to get me, I swear!

This is an inside joke, mainly between Shinobu_Scorpion and myself.

Edited by NavyBluePanda

Okay, so those book titles, left to right:

Keeping Faith, Perfect Match, Salem Falls, Songs of the Humpback Whale, all four by Jodi Picoult, Great Short Works of Edgar Allan Poe, Deltora Quest (collections two and three), Emily Rodda, one you can't see which is Ivanhoe, by Sir Walter Scott, and the Death Note (Black Edition) Volume IV (four).

There's a lot more on that darn shelf, but I dare not approach it to tell you all the names, for fear of my life—it's out to get me, I swear!

This is an inside joke, mainly between Shinobu_Scorpion and myself.

Ahhh, I've never read those. 

Ahhh, I've never read those. 

I've read about three of those in that list, and about thirteen of the...lots of books on my shelf; I neither have the time, nor the patience to put up with my eyes to read. Unfortunately, even when wearing my glasses, words jumble themselves together, and I have a hard time..

I have that problem, just from the other direction. Voice too deep to do much with.

Thing is, though, is that I have absolutely 0% chance of passing (as male) with a voice like mine... If I try and lower it, at best, I sound like a preteen boy. And that's at absolute best.

Edited by NavyBluePanda

Thing with mine, though, is that I have absolutely 0% chance of passing (as male) with a voice like mine... If I try and lower it, at best, I sound like a preteen boy. And that's at absolute best.

At least you can sing though, I get dodgy looks when singing Happy Birthday. 

I suppose I could do screamo metal stuff, does that count as singing?

Bananas.

That is all.  

Gurl, you cray cray.

Edited by DeMonkey

Hello everyone, I've been a Warframe player for a bit longer than two and a half years now and I've never even seen this thread, I guess I just didn't look hard enough (I don't spend much time on the forums. :D)

Anyway, here I am.

IxBPYO1.jpg

I've vaguely looked through this entire thread and I've seen quite a few unique faces, I hope to add to the collection :D

Peace out fellow Tenno! Godspeed.

At least you can sing though, I get dodgy looks when singing Happy Birthday. 

I suppose I could do screamo metal stuff, does that count as singing?

I can kinda sing. Never said I did, nor that was any good; was talkin' about Telly, who I'm sure has a pretty awesome voice too (dunno if I'll ever convince him to let me hear him sing, but regardless, he's awesome!)

I think screamo does count as singing? Maybe? I dunno really; I'm a mix between a soprano and a mezzo-soprano, and I know about three other voice types (all of which are male...I think?). Anything else in the technical realm of music is beyond me, bar Smoke on the Water and basic drumming...I really should get back into that... *looks at wallet* Oh. Right. That's why I haven't yet...

I find it difficult to post photos of myself in a place where not a lot of people know me, because, like NavyBluePanda, I am also transgender.

However, since my face isn't as bad as my voice, I think I can work up the guts to show you guys my goofy mug.

0yTwwaA.jpg

Also bonus mohawk!!

XUoPT0N.jpg

P.S. All of you guys are cute!!

Hells yeah!

Pandimensional bro-fist for mohawk pics!

Also +1 to you.

I couldn't help but post these; my day has been great, and after a student stole my highlighters in a class I was helping out in and started drawing a rainbow on their hand, I've managed to turn into a "walking Pride flag", according to a sophomore-aged student (since I'm in Aussieland, it's called Year 10, but same age).

iaAMawj.jpg

eFrFbdz.jpg

And just as an added thing, here are my poor man's tattoos on my wrist (drawn on in black pen!)

d82Ubw8.jpg

Jeez These photos are such bad quality...

Edited by NavyBluePanda

I feel as though I should begin to get very scared about this...

About what, puking rainbows? Don't worry man, it's a sifn that your stomach feels pure satisfaction. :)

It happens after a good movie, a good book, a good rollercoaster... No need for medication,it's 100% natural!

(If it never happened to you, you should contact a doctor ASAP)

Annnd we are reaching the getting randomly off topic, hide post and warn point of the thread again.

how?  words and conversation are pictures of people even more so than jpg and png files.  The only off topics that are happening are just extensions of the visual representations of people here, and therefore, aren't really off topic.  This thread was created for social interaction that allows people to see who everyone is, and for some, that comes with words as well.  

I think it's reaching the point of just ignoring the moderator here for constantly telling the people to stop with the very behavior that was encouraged by the OP.  It's hardly moderating.  

how?  words and conversation are pictures of people even more so than jpg and png files.  The only off topics that are happening are just extensions of the visual representations of people here, and therefore, aren't really off topic.  This thread was created for social interaction that allows people to see who everyone is, and for some, that comes with words as well.  

I think it's reaching the point of just ignoring the moderator here for constantly telling the people to stop with the very behavior that was encouraged by the OP.  It's hardly moderating.  

Ehhh...

Point of the thread was supposed to be showing the face behind the name, not "getting to know" anyone here nor painting a picture with words.

theclinton is doing a fine job of moderating this thread and preventing it from becoming something like Last Post Wins or similar threads  where a specific group of posters camp in a thread and effectively take it over.

Ehhh...

Point of the thread was supposed to be showing the face behind the name, not "getting to know" anyone here nor painting a picture with words.

theclinton is doing a fine job of moderating this thread and preventing it from becoming something like Last Post Wins or similar threads  where a specific group of posters camp in a thread and effectively take it over.

well if that was the case, then I guess he might as well delete all the posts of pure dialogue here.  On top of that, this thread has its regulars as well.  sorry, but I find that argument very lacking.

well if that was the case, then I guess he might as well delete all the posts of pure dialogue here.  On top of that, this thread has its regulars as well.  sorry, but I find that argument very lacking.

Well thats cool, pm me about it if you want but thats not a discussion for here. Also ignoring a mod isnt the best idea out there, im giving a warning here instead of giving out warning points, it can be the other way around but id rather not do that.