Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Face Behind The Name! V2

Luminati07

I will revive this with my cuteness.

From right to left - Me, fellow knight, my dad.

10983413_1063973576952699_99335931052717

Oh nice, shiny and looks awfully heavy. Can I just ask what are the small round pizza like disk sticking out of the arpits? Is it for decor or rank, or to protect the vulnerable part? You all look menacing, even your smile is menacingly sorta cute. Seeing this makes me want to try Dark Souls 3. Fantastic armors!

Oh nice, shiny and looks awfully heavy. Can I just ask what are the small round pizza like disk sticking out of the arpits? Is it for decor or rank, or to protect the vulnerable part? You all look menacing, even your smile is menacingly sorta cute. Seeing this makes me want to try Dark Souls 3. Fantastic armors!

Now I'm not the person you're asking, but I have seen something similar on the armor of people who are into jousting.

It's called a besagew. They are meant to protect the armpits of whoever is wearing the armor.

You don't see them too much because some sets of plate mail employ winged pauldrons instead, or they are altogether absent for higher mobility.

Thank you so much. This makes perfect sense to me now. My mistake, I meant Dark Souls 2. 3 is coming next year.

I wont attack you with fancy names only the people who are usualy into this kind of stuff would know, so yeah. That pizza thing is practicaly a miniature shield protecting your armpits. It has no ranking value. My friend in the middle is not my better! My other one just fell off that day. :D

Yeah the armor is heavy. Mine weights 36 Kilograms and its one of the lighter ones. If you compare mine to the guy on the right side you can clearly see that his armor is much larger. Notably, my shoulder pads are thiner than his and you could feel the difference if you put it on.

It's not 100% historicaly accurate, because we prefer to beat the crap of ourselves with steel weaponry and we would probably die inside with each hit if he had one of those beautifuly 100% accurate crafted armors while we fought.

We are a band of proffesional performers, we are registered as a company and we are hired for events and fairs where we potray a tournament match between up to six knights dueling for thier honor infront of the King.

I wont attack you with fancy names only the people who are usualy into this kind of stuff would know, so yeah. That pizza thing is practicaly a miniature shield protecting your armpits. It has no ranking value. My friend in the middle is not my better! My other one just fell off that day. :D

Yeah the armor is heavy. Mine weights 36 Kilograms and its one of the lighter ones. If you compare mine to the guy on the right side you can clearly see that his armor is much larger. Notably, my shoulder pads are thiner than his and you could feel the difference if you put it on.

It's not 100% historicaly accurate, because we prefer to beat the crap of ourselves with steel weaponry and we would probably die inside with each hit if he had one of those beautifuly 100% accurate crafted armors while we fought.

We are a band of proffesional performers, we are registered as a company and we are hired for events and fairs where we potray a tournament match between up to six knights dueling for thier honor infront of the King.

Why thank you kind Sir Knight for not attacking me with fancy names. You wouldn't want do that to an inquisitive young maiden. My only exposure to "live" knight vs knight was going to a Medieval Times dinner and tournament and their armor does not look authentic like yours. Even the chainmail is just cloth, I guess its more for doing stunts. Thank you for giving details of your armor and what you do. You have gained my favor and support. I think what you do is awesome!