Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 11.3.0

[DE]Rebecca

well if DE continue whit such updates this game will die fast they remove all infestation missions and they are dynamic now sory but i need to say this 
wtf is wrong whit developers now we actuly need to search whole system to find something and on end its still #*($%%@ up give us back the infested mission that they were before because i already hate the game because of this new crap system 
only good work is on shop rest is crap 

It's these types of updates that show how ridiculous the first 5 or 6 pages of posts are. I'd wager nearly 0% of those posters had actually played the game post update being hailing DE as gods. Turns out that bar the odd good adjustment or fix, the update is being regarded by many (myself included) as awful for the game.

I wish people would actually try things before they praise, then the praise might actually mean something.

Well, it doesn't make any sense as for what it is now... How can each faction invade each other but not defend their own systems? 

I would rather see a boarder where the actuall war is (maybe this will create new mission ideas for DE?), and not like "we attack random systems but we don't give a f**k about our home getting destroyed!".

The idea is good, but it needs to be tweaked! Tennos can still choose which side to "help/join" either of the factions. and there might be missions where you doing a backdoor mission to sabotage the supplyline for the war or something in that order. 

Overall, pretty good update - but the infested change... yeah...

I like the concept, but it's getting really painful to find certain enemies and drops in this game. Not difficult, not challenging, just plain painful. First mutagen's becomes a pain (sorry for not having an active clan to farm it with), and now infested can't be found reliably or on specific mission types?

I'd strongly suggest reverting the star chart changes from this update, then having a seperate area in deep space, the void or somewhere else with these invasions - they're a cool concept, but don't ruin what's already in the game for them.

The map upgrades so far seem good, the infestations missions, are ok, I guess, didn't really see a need to change it but it's not too bad from what little I've had to do with it so far. The invasion thing, I don't know, might be good, too early to say. The weapon I'm indifferent towards

Lotus, is horrible now, I mean she was bad before, but now, she, will, not, shut, up. Please change some of her chatter to some other form of alert mechanic like a warning sound effect with a flashing warning indicator in our HUD when a heavy unit is in-coming. Add an alert status to the HUD showing something like green if they're unaware, yellow if alerted, and red during lock down. Then for mission types just show a bit of text somewhere to indicate which it is. This way all her chatter will be is something at the start and end, then the odd info tidbits along the way during things like assassination missions.

The damage changes are also absurd and made some frames, like Mag, very limited in their usefulness as their attack skills can be all but useless. There's already a plethora of complaints on the matter, so I'll stop there.

Drops when they come out of corpses and chests now shoot out even further than before, I keep having to chase after stuff, or watch them sail off to someplace I can't get at them from.

For those that largely play solo, the sentinel XP changes made leveling them much, much, much worse. Please make further adjustments so if you're on your own they'll still get XP from your weapon kills again.

Then there's the client on Steam. I've had it on different occasions tell me the update failed as the process was already in use after an update of some form. Now it's just stuck there, and won't stop, so I'm playing the non Steam client instead. Looking back at old threads, stuff like that has been going on for months now.

Edited by PhoenixShi

Still got some derelict void to be sure to found infested in the mission type we love...

Could one day the hungry little white kid stop whine and stop speak to dev like they speak to dogs?

Got to remember? Free to play, and a beta need some feedback to adjust the gameplay....

Really sick after read some post...

Edited by ZeGreymane

Knee jerk complaints.  Knee jerk complaints everywhere.

Honestly, the update is out for only a couple of hours and all you people do is complain and whine?  seriously?  here's an idea, go play a few of these infestation missions and invasion missions.  I hopped on last night before going to bed and there were 2 separate infestation outbreaks going on at once.  I honestly don't think taking them off the star map means NEVER GOING TO SHOW UP.

I love the concept of this invasion and infestation system.  It makes the star map worth finishing.  I wanted to run one of the invasion missions for some battle pay (which by the way give research items still - freaking nice if you ask me) but I didn't have it unlocked.  Now I actually WANT to unlock planets so that I can do the random operations going on.

Oh man, we can't farm Xini anymore because it was an infested defense mission...  uhm, you know that now there's a chance to get infested defenses ANYWHERE on the map, at almost any time, let alone the fact that you can always go run some derelict missions.

Seriously guys take some chill pills.  Better yet, go stick a gallon of liquidated chill in an IV and go relax for a while.  Maybe actually test these changes and come back with some actual criticism instead of THIS SUX CHANGE BACK! DE YOU FUXED UP RELE BAD CHANG BAK!

I personally look forward to playing a few missions and seeing how this new dynamic star map system will play out.

I actually wonder on how many of the posters here actually check the Damage 2.0 table in Warframe Wikipedia and see the new elemental damage there?

But anyways, it takes a lot for me to come to the forums with a post that shows my disappointment when it comes to an update. I had been playing this game for more than a month, and was introduced with Damage 1.0 previously. It took me a while to get used to Damage 2.0 but I adapted myself to the change. What I didn't like is that, I had been reading the forum posts and seeing that there wasn't really a direct saying on that some things had been changed. The only reason we know was that, some people checked in the Codex and noticed that Infested now is more weaker towards Radiation than Heat.

This new Damage 2.0 is extremely confusing, and it doesn't help that Corpus Crewman has shields and flesh. Do you expect me to use a primary weapon that is magnetic to take away the shield, and then change to a secondary with different elemental damage alltogether to tackle the flesh category? I also don't understand on the reduction on the Slash damage, when most melee weapons have high Slash.

The previous Damage 2.0 was more simpler, easier to understand and made sense. Now, I feel, you had destroyed a rather good system to begin with. Definitely, this new elemental table needs some great adjustment and some briefing.

And also, from what I'm seeing, the XP had dwindled quite a bit now as well?

I have to mention also that I'm not really too happy with the Infested now only being available through these kind of invasions. The thing is that, most people would just rush it to just complete the requirement to gain the prize. It doesn't help that we have to do 5 times, including survivals or defense missions. I do think the invasion is a unique idea and appreciate it nevertheless, as well as understanding on why the DEs want to introduce this idea; also being aware that this is mostly just introduced and they do want some feedback for it.

I enjoy this game a lot, but it saddens me quite a bit that this being the first time that I feel disappointment for an update. I can accept the Infested invasions, though I would miss playing in Mimas and doing long survivals there, or even Xini and Phalan. But the new Damage 2.0 needs readjustment, and the DEs need to ask themselves on what they were trying to accomplish here. Just want to add though, that I do appreciate what the DEs are doing, and I really can see the passion and drive and so much effort they put into this game, and yes, this game is still in Beta. But we can definitely voice out our opinions nevertheless, and I shared mine.

Edited by silveridentity

Can't we have 1 planet that would act as the Infested-Homeworld? It would be lore-friendly and pleasant to have a homeworld where they can always be found..
It could even tie into the invasion mechanic! For example, once the invasions get too extreme you'll have to go to the homeworld and suppress the natives. Or if we ignore events on the homeworld for too long, invasions elsewhere on the starmap get intensified..

New infested homeworld tile-set anyone? New infested boss.. new events, maybe giving more info on the ancients and the old-war..

I'd love to see the invasions become a bit more expanded and unique, not just regular missions with infested as targets.  

- Infested-specific defense missions/scenarios, meaning not just the regular maps with infested as foes but unique maps like the one in the "finding Alad V" event.

- Infested specific missions - New game modes like taking out an infested breeding ground/ spawning pool/ Hive that might be acting as a catalyst to the invasion in the system. 

- New infested enemies!!!! Infested Grineer, more infested Corpus, etc etc.

In short, just adding invasions like this is nice.. but not all it could be!

Edited by Zahib

Band of Infested

\~~/

on a more serious note, i'm more exited for the fixes and changes this time around, than the weapon.

and that Grenade Launcher sounded really promising, too. (saying good things about the fixes and changes, not bad things about the Grenade Launcher)

good stuff.

Edited by taiiat

so, I'm a bit iffy on the new infested invasion thing, it seems cool so far, but I can see problems for people when they are trying to kill one certain boss, but that planet has been infested, so it is Phorid instead, and it seems like the outbreaks are very slow to be fought off, unless that is just because I am watching at a low traffic time.

My main issue with the patch though is the damage changes.

Physical damage:

Impact, I really don't get the bonus to infested, but reduction to flesh, I'd expect the flesh and bones of the infested to be a bit tougher and less prone to bruising/bone breaking than flesh.

Puncture, no issues, less to shields makes sense, and I doubt infested would really care if they get poked with a pin.

Slash, due to getting no bonuses against infested, it is now basically useless, corpus units are mostly shielding/robotics, grineer are mostly armored, flesh isn't the most common thing to be hitting, and it doesn't help that slash has more -% than it does +%. I also think that cutting off chunks of an infested's body will do a hell of a lot more to slow it down than pounding it with a hammer.

Elemental Damage:

Cold, got nerfed against shields, but lost it's -% against armor, which I think it should still have that as armor provides insulation, protecting from temperature.

Electric, nerfed against robotics, now has -% against flesh which does make a little sense.

Heat, this is one of the big changes, I can see it having -% against shields and armor, shields prevent the fire from reaching the target, armor protects against temperature. The thing that makes no sense is that it lost it's bonus against infested, again, same with slash damage, there is little flesh that isn't either shielded or armored, so heat only being good against flesh means it's usefullness is lowered, also, infested just seem like they should burn good.

Toxin. None of the changes make much sense, half of the infested units use toxin damage, the clan tech weapons based off them use toxin, but they take extra from it? and normal fleshy targets don't take extra but armored do?

Combined elements:

Blast, these changes do make sense for the most part.

Corrosive, the negative against flesh is a bit odd, shields or infested would make more sense, but losing the bonus to robotics is odd.

Gas, again, infested being weak to their own poison is a bit odd, and while the rest of the stuff makes sense, wow that is a large negative against armor, do all grineer have high quality gas masks on at all times, even when they have nothing covering their faces?

Magnetic, don't get the bonus against armor, and the lack of bonus against robotics is confusing, but the flesh and infested -% makes sense, though the amount might be to much.

Radiation, I don't really get why it did bonus to robotics in the first place, but I'd assume infested would have a resistance to it seeing as how they float in space unprotected from all of the radiation in space, flesh seems like a better thing to have a weakness to radiation.

Viral, also mostly makes sense.