Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 11.3.0

[DE]Rebecca

Oh man, we can't farm Xini anymore because it was an infested defense mission...  uhm, you know that now there's a chance to get infested defenses ANYWHERE on the map, at almost any time, let alone the fact that you can always go run some derelict missions. 

I have to nitpick on this one statement, because no, you can't actually get defense missions wherever, from what I've seen. Currently, all the infested nodes have the "Invasion" gamemode, not whatever the mission objective was beforehand. Unless Invasion works in a way I'm not aware of, this removes all infested mission types completely, something I am really not thrilled about. EDIT2: After playing a mission, turns out you're right, defense missions stay as defense missions with Invasion. However, the rest of my post still stands. :P

As I said in my previous post (end of page 2), it would be nice to have a few planets dedicated to the infestation, like Eris, and from there have breakouts occur across the system. That way, we've got the constantly shifting Invasion system whilst keeping our dedicated infested mission types.

I do actually really like the Invasion system, but it really needs some balancing. An expansion of the Operations dropdown menu would be nice as well, as it's currently all scrunched together and difficult to see what all is happening.

EDIT: Also, it would kinda be nice to have the Penta's Mastery level brought from 6 to 5, just so there's at least one weapon you can get for achieving that rank. >.>

Edited by -BioDrago-

awesome I hope these infested missions are more intense than anything we've seen before, butt loads of enemies spawning >:D

finally the lanka behaves as the rail gun that it is by default, now it just needs to be hit scan seeing as how rail guns and coil guns (even current prototypes) fire projectiles WAAAAY faster than any regular bullet guns. I saw a railgun that shot a projectile so fast that it ignited the air around the projectile!! O.O pls make Lanka hitscan

-Not liking the infested feature , lets see how it works out .

-Frost is happy.

-Time to forget about Volt... again .

if there is is a problem with certain abilities dealing 1 damage and feeling extremely unsatisfactory to use why not tweak the mitigation mechanic(so at least they make thematic sense)  instead of moving it from frame to frame  ?  ( from Frost to Banshee ) .

what happened to the "looking at Ember" she got worse this patch directly by the elemental changes and indirectly by removing the infested maps ( Same for the Ignis ) .

the launcher looks cool but seriously  dropping a candy so people don't get salty about the questionable content of the patch is one of the worst ways to release content, please don't go that way DE.

really hoping that this patch gets tweaked in the spirit of being BETA and open to feedback because some changes simply don't make any sense 

/end rant 

Edited by TDS0Spoderman

Today just Keeps better, My extractor got me 6 Cells,

Did some Bug finding, Kicked some A$$ on a DAMN fine survival run,

Found 20$ in my Pocket AND I am near my next Rank test.

And now this!!  And Even a NEW TOY!!! Oh DE, how you Spoil me!!

This made me smile! :)

Hi.

Great idea to bring more diversification (real time action/change) in the game.

I`m not really sure, if the 5 missions that some players might do to get the rewards are enought to fight back the infested, but I guess I will see that. Maybe there should be a special reward for survival and defence to motivate players to not only successfully complete a mission.

What I don`t really understand(and like) is that we are allying with our enemies, even if there would be another threat(sometimes its just them against each other).

After killing thousands of Grineer & Corpus, now we have to chose a side to fight for or with.

Why not let them get killed by each other and then take care of the leftovers ...

So now all infested missions are either survival or defense? That makes it real hard for solo players to farm infested mods. I like the new system, but you just made even harder to get some mods as contagious spread. It would be nice to recover the other mission types in infested nodes with minor tweaks (exterminate is easy, capture and rescue just need the objectives to be hiding from infested, and so on). And being notified the type of mission you are about to enlist before entering it, too.

And the change in damage 2.0..., most of it is ok (infested needing only fire damage when the other required combo damage was a bit odd), but there's two changes I don't thing are good: Slash damage and taking away magnetic damage from robotic.

Magnetic perfectly fitted with robotics in terms of lore, and made magnetic loads perfect against corpus (with a little fire to help against flesh)

And Slash... Impact for shields, Puncture for armor and slash for flesh and infested. Nice distribution. Now slash is brutally underpowered compared with the others.

In general terms, I like the new system, but these minor tweaks should be taken into consideration, in my opinion.

EDIT: After playing a little longer, I've seen that all missions are represented. it seems I only found defense and survival missions :( Anyway, we should know wich mission are we going to play instead of enlisting blindly.

And having to join that groups of grineer/corpus to play the mission... I don't really like that. 

Edited by Kachocalvo

Bad, bad, bad ,What it will no longer be any planet with an infected ?

If so, very bad, some weapons are only suitable for the infected, and now you can stick it up your, you know where. The only pity was wasting time and polarize it.On any planet is not infected, I wonder how we get the missing mods ?

Network Bandwidth Optimizations are here!

Infested Invasion missions are very boring and grinding. Actually it's the same missions as before Invasion but only with Infested as enemy. Reward is too low for 5 identical missions in a row. Also you don't know what Invasion mission (Survival, Defense, Mobile Defense, Extermination etc) you play until you start it. I doubt everyone remembers what mission types these nodes had before Invasion.

I think Infested should have their own planet in Solar System. Leave at least Eris for them.

PS: Your Damage 2.0 system still sucks. Weaknesses and resistances still need rework. Do not forget that all unreasonable changes can break weapons and frames damage skills very hard. And your reputation as well.

Edited by AntLion

Yeah, I'm all for random infested missions, but they need a home base. Also, Acrid. And black screen waiting for players. Aaaaand random UI freezes. Aaaaand mission start guns floating in the air without playing the frame dropping from the ceiling animation. Sheesh, please fix more things.

The new resistance tables are well intended but somewhat counterintuitive and subtract somewhat from the playibility and fun of the game.

Pros:

1. Many of the damage adjustments were decreased in severity, such that damage type is still an important factor to optimize your arsenal, but you have more of an option to use non optimal weapons against a certain enemy.

2. Infested taking extra damage from impact instead of slash makes them more vulnerable to many of the shotguns, making close range combat with primary weapons more viable. Previously the tigris was the best shotgun for damage type against infested, but its firing mechanic made it ill suited vs infested.

Cons:

1. Infested taking extra damage from impact instead of slash means that many of the best melee weapons, which previously shined vs infested, now have no preferred enemy type. For infested, you need melee weapons that hit multiple targets, and there are fewer primarily impact weapons that do this than slashing weapons. This moves the game away from melee weapon combat to a notable degree, which is sad because viable melee weapons are part of what sets this game apart from other fps games.

2. Corpus have contridictory damage resistances. Crewman sheilds take increased damage from impact but their bodies take less. Moa sheilds take less puncture damage but their bodies take more. This was a well intended mechanic to make the player think more about combinations of damage and diversify their arsenal, which is fine for a boss fight, where switching weapons at key times is viable or vs different enemies of the same faction (e.g. fighting grineer with a slash weapon but switching to punture when you see a heavy) but this is not a good mechanis against mobs of the same type of enemy. Consider a mob of a dozen moas. Should I try to take out all of their sheilds with my impact weapon and then switch to my punture weapon? No, the sheilds will recharge before then. Should I switch weapons each time as a take out the shields fist then take out the robot? Of course not. A smart player will make a weapon that just does an even spread of damage types to split the differences, which negates the whole purpose of making different damage types and renders weapons with primarily one type less usefull as well as mods that increase one type of physical damage.

Solutions.

1. Keep the punture resistance for infested by make them susceptible to both impact and slash damage, even if it must be to a lesser degree in order to justify both.

2. Remove impact resistance from flesh and move it to "ferrite armor" (which, by the way should be called "ferous armor" to mean it contains metallic iron. Ferrite is the brittle ore containing iron oxide and would royally suck as an armor material). Then maybe add a minor resistance of flesh to puncture if you feel it needs to have a susceptability as well.

3. Make robots susceptible to impact or just not susceptible to any physical damage type. Susceptability to pierce is the wrong direction.