[DE]Rebecca

Update 11.3.0

i swear, sometimes i feel like a lab rat being experimented on with negative reinforcement!

"Lets see what happens when we take the damage away...."

-___-

I don't wanna just fight Corpus and Grineer! Stop getting rid of Infested! I like where they were pre-U11!!! WHY are you doing this???

• Upvote 2

Well if you want my opinion on the new infested invasion system I've got to say it's one of the worst ideas you've ever had. But I bet way too many people like it for my opinion to count.

I'm sure I'm not alone on this but meh no one would really stick around against it so I'll just adapt to this new crappy infested system...

It sucks not having any infested nodes at all other than the invasion battles with the already repetitive maps and extermination/defense-only...I loved to do all the kind of battles (rescue ect) in infested maps now it's all crap...

Now we only have 2 real factions to battle against, Grenieer and corpus.  And even in their battles you can side with whoever has the best reward for you without really having it matter...

The feel of that 3rd faction gave us a break from all the bullet dodging with the other 2, gave us the chance to level up our melee weapons (let's be real you don't really use melee THAT much in a corpus or grenieer defense mission) so we have been taken the possibility to enjoy infested and melee combat properly.

I don't like it that's my honest opinion. Different people have different opinions some will like it some will not. This one I don't like AT ALL.

Edited by Domaik
  • Upvote 6

The idea is to have them truly infesting now - this is a pretty big change and will be keeping track on all feedback/thoughts about this.

Thats a bad idea. How is one supposed to prepare a loadout if they don't know if the Infested is going to show up? Also, "infesting" could also mean growing - like a cancer. it doesn't have to mean "appearing out of nowhere"...

• Upvote 2

i swear, sometimes i feel like a lab rat being experimented on with negative reinforcement!

"Lets see what happens when we take the damage away...."

-___-

I know how you feel, the new damage system punished WAY TOO HARD new players and left the high rank players with a bad taste in their mouth (at least mine)

My girlfriend and my brother started playing 2 days ago and they are having such a bad time. They would have quit already if it's not because they've seen me and know how the game looks like a rank 8 and on...

It does somehow feel good at high levels to work through your damage mods and manage them for each of the 2 factions and then seeing it work. Although damage is still low on high level monsters even with the best weapons max modded but well...

I like the idea of having to work through mods and pick the right weapon for each type of enemy but I think the damage it's so low even after maxing mods...the damage could probably scale a little better specially for those lvl 45-50 enemies it's so hard sometimes...

and now the infected are gone..

Edited by Domaik
  • Upvote 1

Personally i feel that the infestation occasionally taking over planets is a good idea, but it was implemented very poorly. As another player mentioned, lack of consistent infested nodes takes away the fun of melee combat, which is a huge part of this game. I mean let's face it if you try to go up against grineer with melee and you aren't using rhino's iron skin you'll probably get toppled instantly.

I also think that there should be at least one mission of each type for each faction. I miss doing infested survival myself. It gave me something to do other than crawling behind a wall waiting for enough energy to crowd control high level grineer and corpus units. Some people might be thinking "oh hey just go to the derelicts" but in all honesty the derelict tileset needs some maaajor overhauls to be called effective. Half of the time the map gets you stuck somewhere.

• Upvote 2

I really the way the infested work now, and also the invasion conflicts between Grineer and Corpus are great. They give me some much needed resources, credits, and Orokin reactors/catalysts i can always use more of. T

here is always at least one planet with most of its nodes being infested or even two planets with two Phorid manifestations so i really don't see the problem. Though I would like to see the infested drop mutagen samples again instead of having to farm them in derelicts I don't see why that can't happen again.

I like that this also frees up planets to have new and more entertaining bosses, like who replaced Phorid I haven't looked yet.

well DE did say this is just something they are trying out, hopefully they realize that we don't like it and they change things, for example infested should have a few of their own nodes. while at the same time STILL have them attacking other places. I mean after all, some places indeed have fallen into disrepair and it would make sense that they are over taken by the infested.

also, DE when are u gonna change the resistances back to something that makes a bit more sense?

• Upvote 1

geting rid of infected nodes is just a bad idea rest of it grenade launcher would be nice but its not shiny enough to make me ignore the S#&$ 

• Upvote 3

We have weapons and mod setups specifically to deal with Infested - now you are trying to take them away? No - even worse, have them "pop up" randomly? Don't be stubborn on this, people like the Infested the way they were. Give the Infested back their nodes and just stop this! Let us use our hard earned weapons and mods the way they were intended - what's the point of fire mods, Ignis, even Ember / Ember Prime? ANd who wants to play a game with only two factions, who both basically function the same way? Infested adds variety to the game, and without them it's just going to become a boring shoot-fest. Drop this idea before its too late, DE.

• Upvote 1

if they would read the feedback they would allready deleted fall off dmg and increaed spread only and we would get back to dmg 1.0 till they handled 2.0 to work right but it seems they trying to slap us with those with till we except it.

OR SAY SOMETHING ABOUT IT but we rage we suggest we feedback and we dont get even a anwser OR a change

Edited by HackShield
  • Upvote 2

Woo, dat grenade launcher!

Edit: After finding out about all the hidden changes in this patch, and some of the utter BS going on, I retract my previous statement, the Grenade Launcher is not enough, and even that itself is not working correctly. Getting rid of the currently existing infested nodes was a bad idea too. Thanks for the bugfixes, and some of the "buffs", but if the damage system itself is jank, no amount of balancing is going to make weapons desirable.

DE, PLEASE, FOR YOUR OWN SAKE, remove that satus chance and make the elemental damage proc on EACH HIT(if there's a problem in "balance" due to rainbow builds, you can alternatively, for "balancing" restrict to 2 elemental mods per weapon, giving it 1 combination, but mods that add to physical damage would have no restriction). Sorry for any bad english.

this is Awesome DE accept.... THE PROC CHANCE IS WAYY TOOOOO LOOOOWWW ON EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTF is wrong with a flamethrower that can't set ANYTHING on fire!?!?!?!?

DE, PLEASE, FOR YOUR OWN SAKE, remove that satus chance and make the elemental damage proc on EACH HIT(if there's a problem in "balance" due to rainbow builds, you can alternatively, for "balancing" restrict to 2 elemental mods per weapon, giving it 1 combination, but mods that add to physical damage would have no restriction). Sorry for any bad english.

Er, I'm pretty sure the elemental damage is added regardless - status chance only affects the status ailment that the element gives, not hte elemental damage itself.

Try it for yourself - add a toxin mod to penta, and hurt yourself - you'll see what i mean.

Why would they remove modules when they can just ADD SOME NEW MODES TO THE GAME , Errrrr THA

Edited by iona990
  • Upvote 1