The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Long Will Warframe Be In "open Beta"?

MysticalMoo

For a Game that has been in "beta" since March 2013 it sure feels like you guys either A. Havent a clue what your doing. B. Want to string out this beta phase as long as possible so you can convince players they are contributing to something by staging updates with mass platinum sales drives to boost your christmas expenditure. C. Too scared your ratings will drop if you suddenly go live with a dynamic game build which is ever changing like every other mmo-fps out there?

Seriously i would like to know and im sure a load of players also would like to know how long your going to keep playing this broken record about being in beta for? This may seem to be a troll post but im asking why are we not seeing this content in a live form, you can still call this a release and not beta. Many successful games out there in "full release" do daily/weekly/monthly updates to fix broken code. 

im sorry, but do you even know how long developing a game takes? it can take from a year, to, in some cases extreme cases, 7 years.

the game is clearly incomplete, as you can notice for the fact that they are still completely overhauling many systems in the game (melee rework, damage rwork, it seems that in the future movement rework)

it will be done, when it´s done. not earlier, not later.

Ok i admit asking this question was more of a put your hand in the nest and see if something bites it. But then i thought well how else would we find out.  True i know developing games do take a long time to get them to full status, but considering the serious lack of lore or content in this game. the fact that your basically playing on a almost random generated map every time kind of leaves very little left to change, yes their are weapon, warframe and mods which are considered unbalanced, but then longitivity is what is required to find out if anything works I read the bitter post and had to laugh at what ol nugget had put in, yes a lot of stuff there to read but still you have to ask what is it about the game that needs to stay in beta? The foundations are down, the walls have been built the roof is on the people are here.

Edited by Mogriax

And as for melee damage. weapon fire rates, damage types, hit types, etc etc. these are things which will always change regardless. Even veteran games change their damage types because people soon max everything out and want a change. i played before damage 2.0 i saw its problems, but even now i see problems with weapon types which leave me sitting there thinking how many hours will i need to grind to get the perfect weapon combo. i gave up paying for platinum when i realized i wasnt getting a great deal. 

Until it's not.

For those that don't understand game design and development a game of this scale will take a while to come to a finished project.

But.

The real answer, the ONLY answer in fact, is that this game wioll be in beta and subject to the rules of being a beta game (i.e. anything can change at anytime) until DE says it isn't.

No amount of armchair designing, complaining, or not liking it will change that.  You are gonna just have to deal with it.

Edited by Agent_of_Change

• 1 month later...

For a Game that has been in "beta" since March 2013 it sure feels like you guys either A. Havent a clue what your doing. B. Want to string out this beta phase as long as possible so you can convince players they are contributing to something by staging updates with mass platinum sales drives to boost your christmas expenditure. C. Too scared your ratings will drop if you suddenly go live with a dynamic game build which is ever changing like every other mmo-fps out there?

Seriously i would like to know and im sure a load of players also would like to know how long your going to keep playing this broken record about being in beta for? This may seem to be a troll post but im asking why are we not seeing this content in a live form, you can still call this a release and not beta. Many successful games out there in "full release" do daily/weekly/monthly updates to fix broken code. 

I hate posts like these... In order to comment on things like why stuff isn't released, you should have experience in the game industry. It'll be finished when it is finished. Asking about it doesn't help. It's like asking a famous musician / artist why it is taking him or her so long finish a piece. Would you rather get a S#&$ty song, or a good one? Would you prefer a S#&$ty game, or a good one? 

Ok i admit asking this question was more of a put your hand in the nest and see if something bites it. But then i thought well how else would we find out.  True i know developing games do take a long time to get them to full status, but considering the serious lack of lore or content in this game. the fact that your basically playing on a almost random generated map every time kind of leaves very little left to change, yes their are weapon, warframe and mods which are considered unbalanced, but then longitivity is what is required to find out if anything works I read the bitter post and had to laugh at what ol nugget had put in, yes a lot of stuff there to read but still you have to ask what is it about the game that needs to stay in beta? The foundations are down, the walls have been built the roof is on the people are here.

I'm wondering why you just didn't search for a topic first. I made a thread about the exact same thing 3 days ago. Only I was curious not insulting DE with all of my points...

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/161736-warframe-end-of-beta-goal/#entry1895696

Does it matter? The title Beta means as much as the UK getting a new king or queen at this point.

This game going out of beta, is just dropping a tag. They can't do a reset at this point if they changed their mind, as too many players will toss a fit about it. We have a fully functional cash shop items of every type filling it. Sales for the game on many websites and partners of DE. Holiday events for the game outside of its own community.

Take EQ2 as an example its been out since before WoW. A few years ago they had an entire rework of their character stat system. According to someone in this thread, that is grounds for a game still in beta; EverQuest 2 is not in beta.

Previously beta was used on completed games that have been built for several years and video game makers just wanted a few extra bits of data.

Now with the current online capabilities game makers are taking advantage of this and are putting out the game earlier and earlier. This game has been working for about a year a half. A year ago there was only one tile set, less than half of the weapons, half of the frames, all this people saying there is nothing to do know would had their head explode at how bare the game was a year ago.

And why do folks so eagerly pushing for the game to be called live? What exactly is going to happen if this game changes it's title to live?

Do you think this game should be called live? There are still a bunch of bugs happening daily, i just had an invincible Zanuka fight yesterday.  Do you expect so little from live games now that you are fine with a game that needs a good amount fixing still? From the stuff EA pull i guess people do. 

Once they open it up to everyone to play it and aren't going to wipe progress anymore, oh wait. Well, once they taking people's money in the cash shop, wait. Surely, it'll be out of beta so it can get ported as a launch title on a new console, oh wait. Apparently, they're waiting on the game to be perfect, and as long as it isn't they have the 'well it's just beta' excuse.

this is the one of first times i hear about a beta game being released on a gaming console as well

thought only fully completed games were console releases... 

(not saying it have not happened before... but first time I hear about it)

Edited by Mordavia1982

AS is with all the other Free to Play 'mmo' games, This is Actually NEVER going to be Finished. so in short: NEVER !

Might as well as remove that Beta from the header, since this stoped being an "beta" product the moment they implemented platinum.

Edited by Mabswer

<rant>

An ONLINE game will never be perfect; there will always be updated and content will always be added. And with every new content update, patches are ensued. What are you going to do? Put the game in beta every time you have to patch said update? No. Might as well take responsibility for your game, make it "full release" and not hide behind the "We're still in beta" crap, every time you mess something up. This whole "beta that lasts for years" thing is a new technique to give developers and companies a safety net when all goes bad. And people will defend them, fanboys will sharpen their claws for them with usual stuff like "OMFG, IT'S STILL IN BETA YOU NOOB, THEY ARE WORKING HARD!!! DERP DERP". Truth is, i'm merciless when it comes to judging stuff like this. Yes, they are in beta, YES this is a free game. But since they are in beta, and they offer very little alternative to purchasing ingame currency, forcing you to some extent to be efficient and have fun in this game, they lost their right to be defended.

</rant>