Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dec 12/2013 - Ps4! & U11.3(Ugh!)

[DE]Steve

What I've noticed is that the "Stealth" changes are giving your game a bad name.

People aren't seeing them as bugs, but rather betrayal. They see the Mag change as a sneaky, under the table nerf, and even though it wasn't, that's what they think.

Perhaps an "Alert" thread with known issues that affect damage/durability for weapons, frames, and enemies so that players don't lose their cool?

still, people should start understanding the obvious.

as an example, some people thought that banshee doing 1 damage per wave of sound quake was a nerf, not a bug. 

still, you are right. they should communicate these things

still, people should start understanding the obvious.

as an example, some people thought that banshee doing 1 damage per wave of sound quake was a nerf, not a bug. 

still, you are right. they should communicate these things

But at the same time there have been actual stealth nerfs in the past so you can't blame people for being a bit wary when things like this happen. 

Edited by Ivalician

I would like to say that all the random under the table changes  are annoying and they make me confused.

Toxic Ancient is now vulnerable to toxic according to the Codex.

"...What?" is the only thing that comes to mind. I just don't get it.

I really appreciate that you guys are onto these issues because it's honestly frustrating for us as players. You guys think of how awesome it would be and it would add more variety and I am over here thinking where will I get enough Plastids for my next weapon now? Or where will I level this weapon again? 

Removing the infested and making them invade is a cool idea and I love the rewards but there are other effects that should be put into consideration so a warning will be much appreciated.

Thankfully the Warframe's will be buffed and please, no more nerfs. I know you guys want to balance the frame's out but to work so hard for a frame and level it up for it's specific ability and then having it nerfed is not a nice feeling :/

I would like to say that all the random under the table changes  are annoying and they make me confused.

Toxic Ancient is now vulnerable to toxic according to the Codex.

"...What?" is the only thing that comes to mind. I just don't get it.

Plenty of real animals that secrete venom/poisons are not only vulnerable to those of other species, but also their own if the exposure is great enough or makes it into their bodies. For example: Rattlesnakes are not immune to the venom of other rattlesnakes, and if injected with their own it will kill them.

Thematically it seems a bit weird, but from a real world perspective it's not completely out of the question.

Plenty of real animals that secrete venom/poisons are not only vulnerable to those of other species, but also their own if the exposure is great enough or makes it into their bodies. For example: Rattlesnakes are not immune to the venom of other rattlesnakes, and if injected with their own it will kill them.

Thematically it seems a bit weird, but from a real world perspective it's not completely out of the question.

That is actually quite interesting. But, this is still a game and therefore it makes no sense.

And the real problem is that the new damage system revamp is confusing and rather illogical. Maybe it is to promote better teamwork by forcing people to each have a different weapon that does a different type of damage or something like that, but it was still a bad idea to do that and not give any warning. Just a personal theory (and maybe irrelevant), but I get the feeling that they already knew that no one was going to be happy with the changes and they decided to sneak it in there just to see what would happen and if it would be accepted as an improvement.

Honestly, I have no idea, but the fact that it was sneaky seems really weird. In any case, I am overly suspicous of everything probably, but I hope that they are able to collect meaningful data and improve the game from this even if I don't like it. A little bit of unhappiness now is worth major improvements down the road, I suppose.

Edited by JeyJ13

<snip>

I have to say that having the honor of being a ComMod i can see a little more how much work (but not what work, sorry guys we don't get sneak peaks :P ) you guys put into the game on a weekly basis.

It's crazy to see how you guys work overtime to crunch those updates every wednesday while you also have a livestream every thursday and every other friday. All so that the update can be properly ironed out when the weekend comes and most of the players can sit down to play.

This is seriously one of the things that makes me respect you guys the most, and what makes me want to help with translation, community moderation.. anything that i can help with :)

Carry on being awesome!

Damage Resistance OMGWTFBBQ:

The elemental combinations created more damage types which demanded more attention to enemy type differentiation. Enter Excel. Enter Madness.

I am in the process of greatly reducing the complexity of the resistance changes. My plan is to 'increase the good' vs. 'decrease the bad'. For most enemies there will be 3 bonuses and 1 resistance. The resistance amount will be cut by 1/3rd.

That's definitely in the right direction.

Remember, when you need to visit a fan-run wiki (or read a forum thread made by a diligent player who took screenshots and made graphical explanations) to begin to fully understand such simple system as the DAMAGE in the game, there is something deathly wrong.

Most people who played WF because it is a F2P on a new console they just bought WILL NOT be searching the interwebs for a guide to teach them the convoluted ins-and-outs of something as (supposedly) simple as the damage system.  But you know what they WILL do?  They'll fire up Resogun or, heaven forbid, Knack.

Edited by Gestalt

Thanks Steve! so far I really like the update save for the big changes to damage. Invasion is very nice but what was funny was I was already on my way to unlock Phorid XD at least this made it easier for me! I do miss Mimas though :\ now I can't kill infested in peace without Grineer or Corpus killing them all.

Other than that looking forward to what's in store! Keep up the good work!

Warframe Buffs:

Damage resistances/Damage 2.0 screwing up Warframes. We've confiscated the nerf hammer from Scott and replaced it with the Galatine of Buffing. Expect some positive changes to suffering Warframes in the next week.

But, he will not know what to do with The Galatine of Buffing.  Steve, you should be the one to wield The One True Sword, The Galatine of Buffing!

1-sword-in-the-stone-edit-copy.jpg?resiz

Edited by ThePresident777

XP Distribution Changes:

Glen will post separately about this but we're going to be adjusting how 'radial/shared' XP earnings are distributed among your gear (based on use). This, along with the XP boost and Sentinel XP fixes, should mean your advancement is making a lot more sense and hasn't degraded from U10 levels.

Looks like this had to go back to the drawing board.

It was a nice idea, but the reality of the game has a too many issues for this idea to work currently.

I hope you can find a way to make an improvement to XP distribution and the logic behind it, but without worsening the grind people have to do with weapons, especialy melee weapons which are allready hanging behind when it comes to gaining XP. Yes it doesn't make sense that we improve a sword skill when only using guns, but it works to ease the grind on players.

However, considering leveling logic, the official explanation for why we have to rank up all weapons is because Tenno who woke up after the long sleep have lost their memories, right?

Which means we are basicly recovering skills rather than developing them. Therefor one could argue that the experience of fighting side by side with other Tenno is allready enough to re-awake these memories, which would be a perfect explanation why team XP is shared evenly between weapons.

Either way, thanks for telling us beforehand this time.

Damage Resistance OMGWTFBBQ:

The elemental combinations created more damage types which demanded more attention to enemy type differentiation. Enter Excel. Enter Madness.

I am in the process of greatly reducing the complexity of the resistance changes. My plan is to 'increase the good' vs. 'decrease the bad'. For most enemies there will be 3 bonuses and 1 resistance. The resistance amount will be cut by 1/3rd.

Warframe Buffs:

Damage resistances/Damage 2.0 screwing up Warframes. We've confiscated the nerf hammer from Scott and replaced it with the Galatine of Buffing. Expect some positive changes to suffering Warframes in the next week.

Next Week:

The Jungle! A Warframe! We'll be showing off treats on tomorrow's livestream!

Now back to the code/tables for me, while I scratch my pathetic beard regrowth.

Well lets see how the damage system will evolve from here.

Don't act like the nerf hammer isn't wielded by the two of you evenly. Also what weapon is "balancing"? A Gram?

Well i hope the Jungle will not have too many movement issues because of random growth. Though you guys are pretty good at translating concept art into actual levels, so at least i can be sure it will look great.

Stop scratching ot it will only grow slower.

Edited by Othergrunty

Personally I like the XP ideas. Of course, the grind remains, but at least if shared team xp is removed (close players also get xps), levelling players won't go to high level missions. As I have noticed, there is no big difference between a low tier and an end tier game, just the level scale and a possibility of higher level mobs. So if the problem is that you don't get your daily dose of mod grinding on some special enemy, get your high level gear and go for it. If you want to level up some new stuff, go for lower tiers. I just soloed yesterday a Sedna map with a lvl 10 Latron Prime + lvl 20 Aklex, no potatoes, anything.

As for melee weapons, I like them for just being fun. I have glaive, hate, dual ether, which I prefer, but today I saw a guy killing (farming) Zanuka with Galatine in a few swings. Same goes to Phorid. Then why it is nerfed? Maybe galatine is OP, I don't have one, but there are so many choices.

For longer term goals there should be something like redesign or replace the forma (therefore no further relevelling needed, allowing the high level players using their gear without further xp grinding),