Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Proportionate Shared Xp

[DE]Glen

UPDATE: vhttps://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/147071-proportionate-shared-xp/?p=1743958

- - -

Kill-XP earned by team-mates close to you is currently applied to your gear uniformly: 25% of the total would be given to your Warframe, primary, secondary and melee weapons (ignoring sentinels for simplicity).

One problem with this is that you could take an unranked weapon on a mission and level it up many times without using it -- how can one master a sword that is never swung?

Another problem is that if you’re trying to rank up a specific weapon and the other weapons in your load-out are rank 30 the cut of the shared XP going to the rank 30 weapons is wasted.

We are currently testing a change to this system that will hopefully be deployed later today.

With the change XP will be shared to your weapons dynamically: a fixed 25% will still go to your Warframe and the remaining 75% will be split between your primary, secondary and melee weapons according to the kill-XP you’ve earned with each in the current mission. The allocation means that if you don’t make any kills with a weapon it won’t get any XP from your team-mates.

Although you might think this will make ranking up fresh gear slower (because you have to actually use the weapon to do it) the opposite is more likely to be true: if you use a weapon exclusively it should earn shared XP three times faster than it did before since none of the shared XP is being wasted on your max-ranked gear.

EDITS:

Clarification 1: if you Warframe or Weapon is Rank 30, the share assigned to it is wasted (just like before). Get new equipment or polarize you gear if you don't want it to go to waste!

Clarification 2: if you haven't gotten any kills yet the shared XP works exactly as it did before (ie: even split between all three weapons).

What if the warframe is already maxed?

EDIT: Also, please allow assist exp as well, some unranked weapons are too weaksauce to actually accrue kills with, especially melees when you have say...nova's on your team.

Edited by Zagrax

Interesting.

Any comment on how earning affinity in regular missions (like say the invasion extermination or regular sabotage) feels like progressing in mud, unlike Survival and Mobile Defense which gives a torrent of exp? 

I get that there's a metric ton more killing going in the latter, but it does discourage the players from bringing stuff to level anywhere else than in those missions. 

What if the warframe is already maxed?

EDIT: Also, please allow assist exp as well, some unranked weapons are too weaksauce to actually accrue kills with, especially melees when you have say...nova's on your team.

If your Warframe is already rank 30 the share is wasted as it was before.

Except for the issue where your unlevelled weapons will not do enough damage to kill many enemies. Will it apply it to a percentage (e.g. if 100% of player kills were with a sword, does 100% of that Shared XP go to the sword?) This could cause problems if the player were to kill say, one enemy with a sword and leech throughout the rest of the mission. So, I take it you are also thinking of putting in a Kill or Weapon Usage threshold that needs to be met before such things as Shared XP are applied?

If that is the case, you would still need to tread careful ground; Melee weapons especially are sub-par when it comes to killing, and if you're playing online, the vast majority of enemies will be killed before you even unsheath your proverbially sheathed blade.

Edited by Azure_Kyte

hmmmm

i think lvl 30 weapons wouldn't receive XP

Example: You have a lvl 30 braton, lvl 15 lato and lvl 15 skana. you kill a enemie with lato: warframe receive 50%of xp. braton 0%, lato 75% and skana 30%. braton only will receive xp if a enemie is killed by it. Skana only will receive the 30% of xp if the enemie killed was hit by the skana.

Edited by Haiova

So, basically, you nerfed equipment leveling? 'Cause from what I understood there's no longer a point in bringing an unranked weapon to a high level mission since you won't be able to kill anything with it and therefore won't be able to receive shared XP for that weapon. So, you just made it worse.

You doing it wrong.

Srsly, stop doing ahything, if you can't understand your own Grindframe.

I alredy have Soma, SW, Brakk, Acrid and etc. as my preferable weapon. I don't need this Braton/Burston/Lato/Skana and over 9999 useless weapon.

But i need mastery.

So i'll take this weapon with me on T3 defence or survival.

What you want from me, huh?

"Stop, you lasy hulk! You can't just level'up your usless weapon like this! Go on T1 defence and use all this S#&$, right now!"

Thanks for NOT-understanding your own game, DE.

• Like 1

While good, it really needs to as the first response indicated allow for assists.  New weapons aren't likely to get any kills if you have someone pressing 4 all the time on your team.

Also, what's to stop leachers from just getting one kill and coasting?  I really think some kill+assist threshold needs to be met before administering the XP.

Edited by Volt_Cruelerz

One word? Finally.

This isn't always going to be the most convenient of changes, but god dang did it make me smile from cheek to cheek when I realized what you're about to suggest.

Sounds wonderful, I hope it turns out well!

You doing it wrong.

Srsly, stop doing ahything, if you can't understand your own Grindframe.

I alredy have Soma, SW, Brakk, Acrid and etc. as my preferable weapon. I don't need this Braton/Burston/Lato/Skana and over 9999 useless weapon.

But i need mastery.

So i'll take this weapon with me on T3 defence or survival.

What you want from me, huh?

"Stop, you lasy hulk! You can't just level'up your usless weapon like this! Go on T1 defence and use all this S#&$, right now!"

Thanks for NOT-understanding your own game, DE.

it's you who doesn't understand the meaning of word "mastery"

I am completely up for this change... if only melee was stronger and more pleasant to use.

Edited by Aure7

Yay, no more leechers in high level missions!

Well, there'll still be a huge numbers of obliviously undergeared players (level/rank restriction soon?), but it's a great step forward!

Nay, more high ranks in low level missions :(

Newbies aren't gonna like it I presume...