Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Proportionate Shared Xp

[DE]Glen

One problem with this is that you could take an unranked weapon on a mission and level it up many times without using it -- how can one master a sword that is never swung?

Don't try to apply logic to this issue, right after you took away fire as the dominant form of damage against Infested.

There is very little logic in this game.

If you as a dev team decided it's unacceptable for players to level up unranked weapons (especially those ill-designed and in general, weak) by taking them into a co-op game and leech xp, come out and say it out right.  Please don't hide behind some logical post about how you have to swing a sword to level it.

You doing it wrong.

Srsly, stop doing ahything, if you can't understand your own Grindframe.

I alredy have Soma, SW, Brakk, Acrid and etc. as my preferable weapon. I don't need this Braton/Burston/Lato/Skana and over 9999 useless weapon.

But i need mastery.

So i'll take this weapon with me on T3 defence or survival.

What you want from me, huh?

"Stop, you lasy hulk! You can't just level'up your usless weapon like this! Go on T1 defence and use all this S#&$, right now!"

Thanks for NOT-understanding your own game, DE.

So you're upset you can't master a weapon by having it leech n your inventory anymore. Boo hoo. If you REALLY wanted mastery, you would actually put effort into it, but you clearly don't deserve it.

On an additional note, DE should introduce some sort of gear item "EXP Share to redirect x% of a gear's EXP to a specified item" similarly to the Pomémon series for those too lazy to use gear, if they can afford it.

*Shock* We now... have to.... USE a weapon to level it?

Well, fair enough. Let's see how it turns out. I won't touch my Penta until the update's live to get a feel for the new system.

Bit of advise though: I would take a look at XP gained from Sniper weapons and playing solo. Since the base bases xp off of kills rather than damage or a combination of them, low fire rate/high caliber weapons have always been much more difficult to level. Playing solo also reduces the number of enemies available for killing at any given time, which again slows down progress. Couldn't the game give you a x4 XP bonus while playing solo?

I'm sorry wierd looking horse avatar but this doesn't sound appealing to me,

i fail to see why would i go lower leveled missions just to kill something with regular melee weapons.

I doubt i will be able to mod dual skana without investing potato to actually kill enemies beyond 25.

Mind you a lot of them don't come with polarity or if they do it's not exactly the usefull one.

Although you might think this will make ranking up fresh gear slower (because you have to actually use the weapon to do it) the opposite is more likely to be true: if you use a weapon exclusively it should earn shared XP three times faster than it did before since none of the shared XP is being wasted on your max-ranked gear.

I'm really, really having an issue seeing how this part makes sense in practice. In theory we're gaining better net XP from lower level weapons by killing, which is fine. In practice this makes it actually way harder to get the XP flowing to those weapons because it is inherently harder to actually kill things with those weapons.

Assists are tracked within the game, as I can tell from looking at the nearly 500k of them in my Warfame profile - why aren't we including those in the XP formula? 

An assist should still count as usage IMO

Edited by revizion

So you're upset you can't master a weapon by having it leech n your inventory anymore. Boo hoo. If you REALLY wanted mastery, you would actually put effort into it, but you clearly don't deserve it.

Put effort in every useless melee in this game. I mean, before your teammates kill everyone, when you trying to finish someone.

Okay, so I kill one thing with my MK-1 and then spend the rest of the game jumping or some crap. You're still encouraging players to contribute jack fucking shit to the team.

How's that any different than it is now? You can contribute nothing and get XP either way.

How's that any different than it is now? You can contribute nothing and get XP either way.

The difference is, right now you can bring two worthless weapons and one useful weapon to a game, and contribute to the overall XP a tema earns by killing enemies with your effective gun while the rest of yours earn a sizable amount of XP from your teammates, who are doing the same.

Under your new regime, this is no longer an option. The killing power of your team drops immensely as everyone is forced to use weapons that substantially less effective, or else outright leech by doing to killing at all.

Yay, no more leechers in high level missions!

Well, there'll still be a huge numbers of obliviously undergeared players (level/rank restriction soon?), but it's a great step forward!

Nay, more high ranks in low level missions :(

Newbies aren't gonna like it I presume...

you may be correct,

but i honestly think it is going to be the opposite.

If i needed XP on my "ceramic dagger", before, i could freely use my forma'd brakk to get YOU xp from 400 kills on kiste,

and likewise YOU could get ME 400 kills of Xp for my "dagger" by spamming pull (or whatnot).

Now, i think you are going to be seeing more "leeching", in that i can't give you 400 brakk kills if i'm needing to level up my dagger.  i can only give you the 4 or 5 kills that dagger is going to generate.  i'm going to continue to hope that you are going to be giving me 400 kills of XP, though.  which is leeching, even if unintentional.

newbies are PROBABLY going to be seeing more oldbies, because 100 level 5 kills on my ceramic dagger is better than 5 level 30 kills on it.  so, mercury/venus here i come, i suppose.

Yes let me smack this enemy with my rank 25 amphis 15 times, not kill him, and then have my teammates kill him anyway. Yeah this sounds like a WONDERFUL idea. At that point I wouldn't even be able to get affinity for the weaker weapons I would need to rank up for mastery.

Right now I can go to a high level mission with an unranked weapon and other 2 maxeds, kill my share using the maxed weapons and let the shared XP take care of my unranked.

The new proposal ruins it.  I'd get my requisite one/two kill with the unranked (if I'm lucky) and (if frame permits) spam abilities from there on. Unless the frame doesn't allow that, in which case I, if I'm being nice, would weaken but not kill anyone or, if I'm not being nice, just do nothing.

Edited by Kyte

Hold on, I just want to clarify that I have this correct:

If I go into a mission and I kill one thing with (example) my skana.

Spend the rest of the match maintaining Bastille or something

Therefore 100% of my kills were made with a skana

Therefore 75% of all of my shared XP gain of the squad in that mission goes to the skana, with default 25% taken off the top for my frame?

Edited by Santaphrax

So imagine getting a group of randoms on Kappa all trying to rank up their melee weapons by chance and noone wants to use anything else in order to maximize XP gain.

So what do you do in this situation?

On an additional note, DE should introduce some sort of gear item "EXP Share to redirect x% of a gear's EXP to a specified item" similarly to the Pomémon series for those too lazy to use gear, if they can afford it.

Son, have you actually played the game? Most people already use the weapon they want to level, and let only the most worthless weapons (skana, daggers, amphis etc.) Sit on their back "leeching" exp to be done with it. This system actually encourages leeching even more because it forces people to use their crappy weaponry to get it over with. 

I can already imagine a full team trying to use melee only against corpus just so they can use their favourite weapons again.

hmmmm.

Old system:

i COULD contribute nothing, and get XP on my "ceramic dagger",

or i COULD contribute 400 kills from my frame/brakk/soma to my team mates in exhange/as a thank you for them contributing 400 kills towards my "ceramic dagger".

new system:

If i need to level my ceramic dagger, i have to use my ceramic dagger.  From the little i understand (which is not much, as i've not used the new system yet, so maybe i am completely misunderstanding) of the new system, the "dagger" will get less XP if i use any other weapon.

So, i am going to _have_ to contribute very little XP to my team mates in the hopes that they will be providing me shared XP towards my "dagger".

I still think that it makes _sense_ to have to use the weapon i'm trying to "master", i'm just unsure how the actual day to day mechanics of levelling up these melee's i have left to level is ACTUALLY going to work out as.

I'm sorry wierd looking horse avatar but this doesn't sound appealing to me,

i fail to see why would i go lower leveled missions just to kill something with regular melee weapons.

I doubt i will be able to mod dual skana without investing potato to actually kill enemies beyond 25.

Mind you a lot of them don't come with polarity or if they do it's not exactly the usefull one.

This is it! You just answered this whole xp bs. DE wants you to buy potatoes for your useless weapons. Money grab at its best.