Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Morec0's Warframe Voice Acting Thread [Update 3/11/2015 - Corpus Corporation Security Update]

Morec0

Want to bring on board for a project, Warframe or otherwise, Fan-made or Professional? Send me an email at: LordMorec@gmail.com would be happy to supply my voice to the project.

---

A thread dedicated to all the voice acting projects I do for Warframe. Updated as new videos are posted.

Questions are welcome, suggestions are also welcome.

If you're looking for someone to do voice work for you (Warframe or otherwise) feel free to send me a message through the forum - ALWAYS interested in VA projects.

---

Corpus Corporation Security Update

https://www.youtube. com/watch?v=NxXxhxdMFsk&feature=youtu.be

---

For other things relating to the Conflagration, Warframe in general, and just me continuing to pretend I'm actually a talent voice actor, hop on over to my Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Morec0

Edited by Morec0

Well if there are colonies there with innocent people that tries to live their lives, and we let infestation consume them, that's not much better.

That's why the "civilians" need to have a better place in lore so we don't always feel like we're simply and solely helping one enemy faction or something.

Cool voice over by the way!

Edited by Casardis

Well if there are colonies there with innocent people that tries to live their lives, and we let infestation consume them, that's not much better.

That's why the "civilians" need to have a better place in lore so we don't always feel like we're simply and solely helping one enemy faction or something.

Cool voice over by the way!

I could see that being a possibility for the Corpus, but the Grineer seem WAY too militaristic to have just civilians.  Regardless, I don't think that would stop the Conflagration; think of it as a "sins of the father" sort of justification.

Does the Lotus now see?  Does she now understand the fallacies of her decisions?  Does she now realize the consequences her erroneous, foolish actions will have?  How many Tenno, how many of our kin, will perish in the quest to stop Hek and his mongrels from razing the forests?  How many of our own will we lose to him, will we murder, because we did not act first?  Too many.  As always: too many.  But does the Lotus see this?  Does she learn from the actions our enemies make while she lets them live?

I would like to believe that she has, I would like to believe she is not deaf to the cries of our people, but I am not blind to the future.  I see what will come of this, I see what will happen once this is all said and done: she will have us return to the role of moderators, monitors, mediators.  We swore to uphold balance, yes, but what has that oath done for us?  Forget not that it is not just Corpus and Grineer hunting us, but our own kind as well.  The Tenno of shadows that lurks in the darkness, that stalks us, hunts us, also maintaining the balance.  If balance comes at the cost of Tenno lives, I will have no part in it.  Will you?  In the end, we are more than guardians; we are warriors.

We were here first, long before any of those who stand against us.  We are the sons and daughters of this galaxy, this universe; its worlds are ours' right.  I will not say to ignore the commands of the Lotus, for the Grineer must be dealt with, but I say this to you all: stop not once Hek's Cicero project has been halted, stop not once the Orokin overgrowth is safe; stop only when our foes are silent, still, and cold on the ground.  Stop only when the Grineer, Hek, his lackeys, and all those who would call them allies, are dead at our feet.  Stop only when Earth is the not the jewel of the Grineer empire, but the homeworld of the Tenno.  Kill them all, brothers and sisters of the Cause; leave none standing; support the true Tenno Cause: the life and right of the Tenno people.

I am the Conflagration, and I will see the Tenno thrive.

• 2 weeks later...

My fellow Tenno,

What has been done cannot be undone, what has been said cannot be unuttered. But those days are passed, gone, and the future, bright and shining, is here upon us now. Now is the time for change, now is the time for a difference to be made by each of us, you and I, by Tenno across this universe one and all.

I am The Conflagration, and I wish a happy New Year to you all.

What sort of filters and such did you apply to your voice? I'm half tempted to try and make a tenno response to the conflageration on the opposite side of this arguement. (although I don't have much experience with applying voice filters and such)

EDIT: Also I think you'd make a great voice of stalker.

Edited by gaurdianaq

What sort of filters and such did you apply to your voice? I'm half tempted to try and make a tenno response to the conflageration on the opposite side of this arguement. (although I don't have much experience with applying voice filters and such)

EDIT: Also I think you'd make a great voice of stalker.

I've considered giving the Stalker a voice on multiple occasions (similar with how I did the other boss voice overs that I did do) but I've got it in my head that the Stalker is Hayden Tenno and I haven't been able to recreate his voice well enough to where I feel it would be worth doing.

As for the effects used, you'll have to keep in mind that these apply to the Audacity recording software (which is free) so if you're not using that something may be different (I don't know, I've never used anything else, but they are as follows:

The Conflagration:

Duplicate

(On Duplicate) Echo: .005, .5

(Duplicate Duplicate)

On First and Second tracks: Reverb Conflagration

On Second track: Pitch -2

Mix and Render

Pitch -5

Echo: .005, .5

The Conflagration is just what I call the saved loadout I use. From top to bottom the settings are: 44, 55, 45, 65, 78, 100, 1, -1, 60

Also I had an older method for altering the voice, before the latest update to Lotus' voice. Here's what that was:

Duplicate

(On Duplicate) Pitch: -10 (alter this however you like, I used considerably less and more for Loki and Nekros respectively.)

Mix and Render

Echo: 0.005 , .5 (this'll take a while depending on how long your recording is)

Test out either for which you like best (my voice acting for Loki in this thread is a good example of what the latter effects will sound like: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/108757-fan-made-warframe-voices/?p=1258811 )

Best of luck! Can't wait to hear what you come up with!

Edited by Morec0

• 3 weeks later...

https://soundcloud.com/gaurdianaq/conflagration-response

Ehhhh it's not at all how I wanted it to sound... I couldn't quite make it sound regal and proud. Any time I tryed it ended up sounding more sinister or aggressive.

I'm better at doing sinister/aggressive.

Jesus, it's almost been an entire month since I've done anything with this?

Regardless, I thought your work was just fine. No, maybe it wasn't quite so regal and proud, but it definitely sounded honorable. It sounded LIKE a White Knight-character giving a speech, standing opposite to the darker the voice of the Conflagration embodies. We're rarely ever happy with our own work, don't let it bother you too much if you think something didn't turn out right.

Also, would you be willing to send me the file for that bit? I'd download it from the Cloud directly but I'm not seeing the option available to me. I'd like to use it in the upcoming Conflagration video I just finished scripting. Send me a PM if you're willing to, otherwise, don't sweat it.

I've considered giving the Stalker a voice on multiple occasions (similar with how I did the other boss voice overs that I did do) but I've got it in my head that the Stalker is Hayden Tenno and I haven't been able to recreate his voice well enough to where I feel it would be worth doing.

As for the effects used, you'll have to keep in mind that these apply to the Audacity recording software (which is free) so if you're not using that something may be different (I don't know, I've never used anything else, but they are as follows:

The Conflagration:

Duplicate

(On Duplicate) Echo: .005, .05

(Duplicate Duplicate)

On First and Second tracks: Reverb Conflagration

On Second track: Pitch -2

Mix and Render

Pitch -5

Echo: .005, .05

The Conflagration is just what I call the saved loadout I use. From top to bottom the settings are: 44, 55, 45, 65, 78, 100, 1, -1, 60

Also I had an older method for altering the voice, before the latest update to Lotus' voice. Here's what that was:

Duplicate

(On Duplicate) Pitch: -10 (alter this however you like, I used considerably less and more for Loki and Nekros respectively.)

Mix and Render

Echo: 0.005 , .5 (this'll take a while depending on how long your recording is)

Test out either for which you like best (my voice acting for Loki in this thread is a good example of what the latter effects will sound like: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/108757-fan-made-warframe-voices/?p=1258811 )

Best of luck! Can't wait to hear what you come up with!

Question... how do I add reverb in audacity? I use the program for very basic editing (background noise removal at best) but I'm not seeing a "Reverb" effect anywhere.

This is epic, and sends chills down my spine

It reminds me of Darth Revan, and his urge to demand action from the Jedi Council to help for the good of the galaxy.

...That path...

... it leads only to darkness.

god, these videos send chills all throughout my body. Well done.

Im kind of scared now, that the Stalker may get some friends soon...

EDIT: Jesus, this gets creepier every time I listen to it. You have found the EXACT notes to freak me out.

Edited by ensignvidiot

Question... how do I add reverb in audacity? I use the program for very basic editing (background noise removal at best) but I'm not seeing a "Reverb" effect anywhere.

It's only listed as Reverb in the newer Audacity versions, you're likely using the one that still has lit listed as GVerb. You'll have to tinker around with it a bit, though, the GVerb and new Reverb options don't match up exactly. 

Or try this guide out: 

Supposedly it'll restore the old GVerb, but I haven't bothered to try it.

This is epic, and sends chills down my spine

It reminds me of Darth Revan, and his urge to demand action from the Jedi Council to help for the good of the galaxy.

...That path...

... it leads only to darkness.

god, these videos send chills all throughout my body. Well done.

Im kind of scared now, that the Stalker may get some friends soon...

EDIT: Jesus, this gets creepier every time I listen to it. You have found the EXACT notes to freak me out.

Well damn, thank ya. 

But you can find comfort in the fact that I don't picture the Conflagration getting along with the Stalker: Stalker's got some kind of vendetta against the Tenno, while the Conflagration is out to do whatever it takes to protect the Tenno from any he sees as wanting to bring them harm (and set them onto the path for a "better future").

Ok, I have the new audacity (not pleased with some of it but it's ok) and now I have another dumb question. What do you mean by "Mix and Render" ?

On the toolbar you'll see the "Tracks" option. Click that and click the option that says "Mix and Render" - just make sure you have all the tracks selected before you do.

My Fellow Tenno,

These are the words of another of our own; a “White Knight” who claims to doubt the Lotus as well, but speaks against my words nonetheless.  He lays out his thoughts on the future of the Tenno, on a specific future of the Tenno: a future in which we follow my vision, not the vision of the Lotus.  And what does he say my future will bring about?  Anarchy, strife, terror in the ranks of the Tenno, created by the Tenno.

Does he have so little faith in his own?

This “White Knight” claims that if we truly defend ourselves from those who would seek to exterminate us, then we are no better than they are.  This “White Knight” claims that if we bring peace to the galaxy and everlasting safety to the Tenno, that we will turn on and kill one another.  To him, we are no better than mindless assassins, hungry for blood, Stalkers in the dark.  Let me say again what he says my future claims we will become: murderers of our own kin.

Now let me remind you what we will become: safe, free to live out our lives without the threat of death looming over us wherever we tread.  I would see the Tenno live to see this future, a future where they may live, but this “White Knight” would have us stay where we are; mercenaries struggling for survival in the brink of a universe that wants us dead or enslaved to races rife with the kind of broken soul that this “White Knight” claims will infect the Tenno, weaken the Tenno, if we ever try to make ourselves safe.

Follow the Lotus, follow this “White Knight,” if you believe the Tenno are weak, weak enough to fall into such a trap, weak enough to become monsters.  But, if you believe the Tenno are strong, strong enough to strand on their own, strong enough that they deserve a place in this galaxy other than on its very brink, then follow me.

For I am The Conflagration, and I will, no matter how many others attempt to keep us down, see the Tenno thrive.

---

Also, a correction on my part: the direction for the echo effect should be .005 , .5 - NOT .005 , .05 . That applies for ALL instances of it I'll be correcting this in all the posts I can, and putting the correct instructions into the OP. Sorry for the inconvenience (and a BIG sorry to anyone who's already tried using those instructions).

Edited by Morec0

(Ok, so after following the directions so carefully and patiently laid out, I decided to give this a try. It's my first time doing anything like this so apologies if it sounds, well... bad. Also, just so you know Midenare is a Frost Warframe)

https://soundcloud.com/alexanderfrost/the-options-of-the-tenno

My fellow Tenno,

I am Midenare, like you I was brought into this world by the Lotus.

I was told that my memories were lost to the time spent in cryosleep.

I was told that "she" had our best intrest in mind and that our skills were needed to re-balance the powers of the Solar System.

For a time, I believed her. The Grineer and the Corpus feared us, the Infested died by our hands and most importantly,the balance shifted.

But things have started to change.

Now we stand with those that seek to do us harm, we protect them just so they can turn around and kill us without a thought. The Corpus and Grineer fight back and forth while the Infestation roams the Solar System seemingly at will. The balance is shifting again, this time towards Chaos.

The "Conflagration" would have us unite and let the Infestation destroy the Twin Queens and the Board while we watch for the opportune moment to sweep the infested beasts clean from all worlds.

The "White Knight" would have us continue on as we are, following the Lotus and struggling to maintain a balance that is failing while our enemies use us to win their petty wars.

Always we have been given two options and ONLY two options: Fight or die.

Today I offer a third option: Live.

There is an entire universe out there filled with habitable worlds, why should we restrict ourselves to this one system alone? I say we have earned the right to live by our own wills.

My brothers, my sisters. Join me, and let us take our leave of the insanity that plagues this system and start again where we can be free. And should the ghosts of our past come for us, will we stand together.

For we are Tenno.

Edited by Alexander_Frost

My Fellow Tenno, there can now be no denial of the Lotus’ incompetence, for this latest outbreak of Corpus technology rests solely upon her shoulders. By her own words, she knew of the laboratory that had been studying the Oxium alloy, worse, she knew of the Corpus attack that made off with the research on the substance. She knew, but why did the Tenno not? Why were we left uninformed about information as crucial as this has become, why were we not told of this material that – again, by her own words – would be such a boon to the Tenno?

It is only at best, however, that this may be attributed to incompetence, for the stench of maleficence soaks this event. The Tenno must rise to face this new threat, a threat that once more could have been avoided, and many of us will lose our lives in this battle against a foe of a level just below that of the Tenno. When the battles are over, the survivors will search within and without themselves for solace, for closure; they will look for a name upon which they can lay their misfortunes and their sorrows, and it is now clearer than ever to whom they will point: the Lotus.

My fellow Tenno, do not let yourselves continue to be led along by this liar. Whatever her final goals, her methods will always end in Tenno death.

I am the Conflagration, and I will see the Tenno thrive.

---

And I love the way your's turned out, Alexander. Did you add anything extra to it or is that just how my method made your voice sound? 'cause you sound like a complete and total badass.

Edited by Morec0

---

And I love the way your's turned out, Alexander. Did you add anything extra to it or is that just how my method made your voice sound? 'cause you sound like a complete and total badass.

I don't remember right this moment. I think I might have changed the pitch a little differently but that's it, the rest was your tactic all the way.

• 1 month later...

My fellow Tenno,

I have spoken out against the Lotus many a time for putting the Tenno in unnecessary danger, but not because I believe we cannot destroy anything that wishes us harm but because what we must risk ourselves against could always have been avoided with ease – if not for her inaction.  We could have prevented the Corpus integration of Oxium if we had known of it, we could have prevented the Grineer’s Cicero toxin from ever being developed if we had exterminated their forces on Earth, we could have reclaimed the galaxy if we stopped defending both of them from the Infestation and each other.  I do not claim the Lotus to be uncaring for the Tenno, but lacking the foresight a leader should possess.

But this time I do not speak to attack the Lotus for a decision she did not make, but for one she tried to: to have us flee from our enemies, to have us run and hide from the mad children that the Grineer have now dispatched against us; the trio known as the Grustrag Three.  What threat do they pose to Tenno?  They are but more Grineer, as deformed and insane as any.  We have faced the power of our own kind, in both the flesh and twisted metal abominations the Corpus created from our dead, and we have won.  But against these three she would have us cower?

No.  We are Tenno.  We are warriors.  We stand victorious against even the strongest foes; whatever we face we defeat, whatever we say must perish dies.  The Lotus, however, seems to believe we are not strong enough to face down three rabid dogs.  Three mongrels with more metal than mind.  If she thinks this is what we cannot do, if she thinks she knows us well enough that she orders us to flee a battle we will always win, then she is wrong; she does not understand the Tenno, and she does not have the strength or character or will to lead us.

The Tenno do not run.  The Tenno do not flee from battle.  We stand.  We fight.  We emerge the victors.  As well as any of you know this, my brothers and sisters of the Void, so do I.  But she chides us like we are children for her to scold, orders us like we are her playthings to do with as she wills.  I will not stand for it, nor should you.

I am the Conflagration, and I will see the Tenno thrive – even if others would see us hide.

Is the Oracle the Lotus?

Nope, it, like Baphomet and the Orokin C.S.M.M. are boss concepts created by players (C.S.M.M. being one of mine); the Oracle is one of the one-and-only YandereSamantha's concepts https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/130002-concept-female-corpus-boss-the-oracle-update-22314-new-concept-art-revampoverhaul-ongoing/

check it out, is pretty good.