Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Morec0's Warframe Voice Acting Thread [Update 3/11/2015 - Corpus Corporation Security Update]

Morec0

Okay, so, this has NOTHING to do with the Conflagration, or even Warframe (expect, maybe a genre) but this is my voice over thread and I'll treat it as I want to (besides, it beats making an ENTIRE new threat for this).

I never mentioned it before, but a while back I got the role of the primary antagonist in an upcoming low-budget internet cartoon called "Galactic Embassy: Earth Division" (or: GEED). 

And now, well, there's a Kickstarter program for it:

I don't expect anything from anyone, the series (to my knowledge, and I may very well be wrong) will go on whether this is successful or not, but if you can give anything to it I would be EXTREMELY grateful! Further details (including gifts for those who donate!) are through the link! Give it some time, check it out, and donate!... ya know, if you want to.

The above is a copypaste from my Facebook page that I'm too lazy to edit for context, so if it seems a bit off that's why. Anyway, check the Kickstarter out, donate if you want to, and I look forward to hearing from anyone who follows it further!

*A*

Congrats Morec0! Gotta check this out once I finish drooling over Butch DeLoria in Fallout 3. I guess I can signal boost this in tumblr.

I would thank you for that, thank you so very much. I meant to make this advertisement an option Youtube link with the information there so that it felt less like I was misusing the forums, but I was pressed for time and wanted to get something out to as many people as quickly as possible. I'm likely to make the Youtube video anyway, to reach any non-Warframe subscribers on my channel (if such people exist) and to give it a more personal touch (i.e. have examples of the voice and lines - nothing spoilery, as much as I can manage) and I'll post a link to that here later.

---

While I'm here: SO sorry for the lack of Conflagration videos, ESPECIALLY the continuation of the Zet Kurr-Conflagration storyline (I partially blame myself for Jowain's hiatus). I've got college finals and whatnot, freaking out about this semester, and I'm STILL not managing my time wisely for it. When I'm done with everything, I PROMISE you all I will NOT REST until I am up-to-date on EVERYTHING that the Conflagration needs to be up-to-date on.

I'll see you sometime mid-May(ish, I don't really know).

Edited by Morec0

Here's that video I mentioned: 

Also, just to make up for lack of anything good (and the &!$$-poor quality of that video) have two Warframe voice acting vids:

Edited by Morec0

• 2 weeks later...

Hey! Everybody! Sorry for the utter lack of anything Warframe, I've still got one more big exam to go so I wont be getting any VA vids out til Tuesday(ish) but in the meantime I've worked up just a little room to (poorly) draw a rough draft bust of an early thought of what the Conflagration looks like in my head.

Iqebc5V.jpg

It's completely subjective to change at this point and I try new ideas and designs (I'm not an artist in any sense)., and you'll have to forgive the sloppy-looking forehead design - it took me forever to finally settle on something I liked for it, and by that time I had SO much pencil used there that even erasing couldn't get rid of it.

I may go and color this in the future, but don't expect anything spectacular for that either.

EDIT: Realized I forgot a shading issue on his neck as well, fixed that up a tad.

Edited by Morec0

• 3 weeks later...

My fellow Tenno, I apologize for my extended absence.

Some time ago, I sent one of our own into the Void to investigate a find I made during a raid in Grineer territory.  As the Dragoon informed you of in my stead, she did not return.

Her name was Spark: to her fellow Tenno she was a friend, a caring soul and a kind heart which she offered to those she wished to aid, and to her enemies she was a nightmare, a fierce warrior who left none of those she deemed to be foe standing in her wake.  I… never fought beside her, I never shared more than a few words with her at a time, but the testament of those who were close to her – her friends, her… her family – say these things of her.

… And I sent her to her death.  I sent her, alone, to scout a find that I myself should I looked into personally.  I am the reason she is dead, I am the one who has robbed friends of a friend… and a sister of the single person closest to her…

But there is one other, for I was not the hand that ended her life.  No, that was done by her murderer, Zet Kuur; monster, murderer, the single most vile creature the Grineer have ever tore from their lifeless metal womb.  Zet Kuur drove a sword through the heart of one of our most noble, one of our strongest, and even now he believes he can escape judgment.

Not while I draw breath.

Hear me, citizens of the Origin System; hear me, Zet Kuur: on this day, I call for blood.  I call for your blood, and just as you have made the Tenno bleed so too will I drain your life from you.  I will hang you by your own mechanical entrails and make you watch as each and every soldier you ever called “brother” dies by Tenno hands.

This is my declaration of war against this wretched abomination of metal and flesh, this is my call to arms for all Tenno to rise up with me against this monstrosity.

I am the Conflagration, and I will see the Tenno have their justice.

My fellow Tenno, there is something very, very wrong afoot.

I have been working to stop Alad V’s ships and whatever it is they are carrying – there have been too many and not enough time between for me to fully investigate – but I have seen things onboard… Changes and creatures that should not be there.

There is an Infestation spreading through those vessels, and Alad V is behind it. I do not know… what he is planning… but whatever it is, if it has anything to do with what I have seen, what I think I know, then it goes far beyond the bounds of anything even HE has tried before.

Alad must be stopped.  If he continues to meddle in the realms of the Infestation, terrible, terrible things will come of it – things which I… do not believe even we will be able to stop.

Tenno, be safe.

It's getting even MORE #*($%%@ up. The infested breakouts are becoming more noticable, Alad himself may no longer be in control... in all senses of the word.

I don't think he is. I don't think he was to begin with (that is to say: in control of the Infestation he's "transporting")

• 1 month later...

Hola mis amigos y amigas!

I've been away, busy, mostly just takin' a break from Warframe, and I come back to find all of THIS has been added! Still need to do the dang Mirage quests - 'cause I WANT MAH MIRAGE! - but I'm loving what I'm going through so far with the main quest and looking forward to others to come in the future - AND GETTIN' MAH KUBROWE!

Anyway, there WILL BE more from the Conflagration, but before all of that I'm gonna be makin' some changes to the overall feel of the Conflagration. First and foremost in these will be his voice; I'm intending to more fully adopt the "mute peasant" aspect of the Tenno, and are planning on making his voice more robotic - as to simulate him talking through a voice program (i.e. "You have chosen The Conflagration as the computer's default voice). Intend to maintain as much as I can of the original voice, but I really want to make it seem less like a natural voice and more like something produced from a machine.

To this extent, I plan to create at least three different voice variations that I find fitting and put them up to a community vote on which I'll be continuing to make response videos with. They'll be more on that later.

I'm also reworking (or, I should say, considering reworking) the Conflagration's personality a smidge. I need to keep him mostly the same or, well, or hes not the Conflagration anymore, is he? That's a dumb sentence, ya'll know that already, but humor me. But, in light of the sort of "we're your guiding voices, Tenno" that the opening quest suggests (between Lotus, Ordos, and Darvo) I'm going to be reimagining the Conflagration into something like that - not blatantly "Anti-Lotus" as he was originally, but still very critical of her and her views of balancing the universe. If the Lotus if your mother, than he's the big, tough (but by no means dumb) jock who somehow you were friends with in high school. He's got your back, even if he can be a bit of a brute.

This is all, of course, subject to change at the moment. I may not change the Conflagration's voice, I may not change his personality, but it's definitely an option I'm considering and one I hope will provide ya'll with a lot of entertainment.

Rock on, and hope to get back to ya'll again soon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Why does it seem that whenever I try to actually put a schedule on something things come up that destroy that schedule completely?

Point: no update tonight, and I'm going to hold off on trying to get it to you until next Sunday, try and keep to the schedule regardless. As of now I've got no plans to double-release that Sunday to make up for this one, though that may change.