Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hek Or Gorgon

REXAMORA

Question

Depends on what you want to do with it :3

Hek is the best shotgun available and good for any missions, but ok against boss missions(not super effective because of the boss high shield regen..)

Gorgon is a machine gun which is good against boss missions(mowing down thier shield+high regen and health rapidly), ok on other missions

Both guns are nice to have :D

Edited by CrystalRibbon

Wait till update 7, new weapon possibly and the removal of mods may change a lot.

Honestly, this. I can say how amazing the HEK or the Gorgon is, but if you're not in for buying more platinum for getting more catalysts, you might as well save your last one for this new gun that's going to be introduced at update 7. It doesn't help catalysts are still almost impossible to get through normal means.

If you really are impatient, both have their uses. I prefer the HEK but there's plenty of people that prefer the Gorgon. Player style is where it's at. Just make sure you don't regret your decision afterwards when update 7 actually hits.

Gorgon is the best automatic rifle, and Hek is the best shotgun (as of now, we'll see after update 7). both of them will only get better with the catalyst, so play a variety of missoins and fight some bosses with them both and see which you like better.

Gorgon Master race, everything else is null.

To each his own I guess. I really loved Braton Vandal, and was excited about Gorgon.

What I dislike in the Gorgon is the inaccurate spreading of bullets when it's winding up, but this rifle was designed to be used like this. I'm just too lazy to fire it in bursts, it's also kinda frustrating. I like if I can focus to weak spots with my rifle. With Gorgon it's just not the way to go.

Meanwhile with Hek I run and gun, ripping everything to shreads in matter of seconds.

To each his own I guess. I really loved Braton Vandal, and was excited about Gorgon.

What I dislike in the Gorgon is the inaccurate spreading of bullets when it's winding up, but this rifle was designed to be used like this. I'm just too lazy to fire it in bursts, it's also kinda frustrating. I like if I can focus to weak spots with my rifle. With Gorgon it's just not the way to go.

Meanwhile with Hek I run and gun, ripping everything to shreads in matter of seconds.

gorgon is a stronger hek with its spread fire, except its a nonstop machine gun with a huge clipsize, and you can concetrate fire with zoom so u don't have the spread fire in unzoomed mode and get headshots like this, idk why no one knows how to use the gorgon.

With Headshots i do 114 dmg per bullet with crits I do some hazardous amounts and normal shots I do around 75/80 idr, the numbers go by so fast and everything dies within a second, I never bothered to look other than at the yellow crits and headshot numbers, and I'm shooting this at a high fire rate. You can guess what this does to mobs or bosses.

Funfact about gorgon when you have 200-300% multishot the wind up fire rate becomes instant in about 2 shots/clicks.

Edited by BushidoCode

In fairness, mine's modded enough it only takes one shot. The beauty of the Gorgon shines when you get decent mods on it, but what with the next update who knows. As of now my Gorgon fires two bullets at once, at 50% increased fire rate, with almost 50% crit chance it seems. Don't like the inaccuracy while it's spooling? Meh. First shot's pretty accurate enough to HS a grineer from a distance. It's a beautiful gun to have against groups of baddies in tight formation.

In fairness, mine's modded enough it only takes one shot. The beauty of the Gorgon shines when you get decent mods on it, but what with the next update who knows. As of now my Gorgon fires two bullets at once, at 50% increased fire rate, with almost 50% crit chance it seems. Don't like the inaccuracy while it's spooling? Meh. First shot's pretty accurate enough to HS a grineer from a distance. It's a beautiful gun to have against groups of baddies in tight formation.

pretty much, a well modded gorgon surpasses a braton vandal with the same mods as gorgon.

since update 7 is on the way in like 14 days and we don't know some details about the mod replacement, i'd suggest gorgon since hek is just underwhelming against it without mods, with multishot the hek becomes a monster, but if that goes away you will be screwed, gorgon stays basicaly the same without the multishot mods and gets much better with a heavy frame and armor pen mods.

t.l.d.r.; supercharge gorgon

gorgon is a stronger hek with its spread fire, except its a nonstop machine gun with a huge clipsize, and you can concetrate fire with zoom so u don't have the spread fire in unzoomed mode and get headshots like this, idk why no one knows how to use the gorgon.

With Headshots i do 114 dmg per bullet with crits I do some hazardous amounts and normal shots I do around 75/80 idr, the numbers go by so fast and everything dies within a second, I never bothered to look other than at the yellow crits and headshot numbers, and I'm shooting this at a high fire rate. You can guess what this does to mobs or bosses.

Funfact about gorgon when you have 200-300% multishot the wind up fire rate becomes instant in about 2 shots/clicks.

Errr... a "stronger Hek"? The strength part could be debated, but they are almost nothing alike. Additionally, we all know Multi-shot is getting the prison shower treatment next patch... which is less than a week away.

Errr... a "stronger Hek"? The strength part could be debated, but they are almost nothing alike. Additionally, we all know Multi-shot is getting the prison shower treatment next patch... which is less than a week away.

if multi shots are gone, that hurts Hek more than it doesnt Gorgon you do know this right?

It makes Hek underwhelming where as multishot wont affect gorgon's dmg output as much as it will Hek.

if multi shots are gone, that hurts Hek more than it doesnt Gorgon you do know this right?

It makes Hek underwhelming where as multishot wont affect gorgon's dmg output as much as it will Hek.

... What? The HEK is perfectly fine without MS. It'll affect the Gorgon way more since Multishot also makes the spinup time for the Gorgon way faster. Which it normally needs a RoF mod for. Now tell me how the HEK is somehow more affected.

Edited by aMannus

Never tried Gorgon with RoF mods, all i use is Boltor and Braton Vandal (48.5% x4 mods,2 on each)

Both seems uber ! Also have 78% max or something on Boltor, making it an uber gun !

I dont like gorgon, very less accuracy, fire up time ~.~ , i like compact, insta ready to fire guns.

Gorgon iz not my play style !

It's one thing to say it, it's another thing to prove it... got any numbers handy?