Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 11.3.2

[DE]Rebecca

Each + usually means 25%, each - means -25%. Not to hard to understand.

Nor is "+25%" or "-25%" and I don't have to look at a wiki to interpret them. I agree that once you know what the + and - mean it is essentially the same (although I'd still argue using normal English is more readable), but why should a new player have to refer to a wiki to understand something that could be so easily stated.

Edited by Teorina

Nor is "+25%" or "-25%" and I don't have to look at a wiki to interpret them. I agree that once you know what the + and - mean it is essentially the same (although I'd still argue using normal English is more readable), but why should a new player have to refer to a wiki to understand something that could be so easily stated.

Basically what your saying is, why did they make the codex in the first place. Since the wiki gives you the ability to look up anything you need. Some people believe it or not don't actually use wiki's or like using the codex and then testing it out there own builds to see what works. If someone wants firgures, they can use the wiki.

First, I must say that Ogris and Penta are beyond obscene now, since their explosion damages are now affected by elemental mods.

I love it, honestly, but they're completely imbalanced at the moment. Reducing their explosion damage values (maybe even by half) seems necessary.

The new damage table is definitely an improvement from the complicated one from before, but I still see some things I'd like changed.

At this moment, I'm mainly disappointed about:

1) Moving bonus damage to Infested from Slash to Impact (and effectively making Slash the least effective of the three damage types)

2) Having Gas the most effective element against Infested

3) A lot of Warframe abilities becoming useless too soon, often being ignored completely.

1) The initial Damage 2.0 table was just fine, as far as the three basic damage types went.

Impact for Corpus because of shields. Puncture for Grineer because of armored units. Slash for Infested because they're basically mechanical/mutated flesh.

Made perfect sense to me, and it was obvious what kinds of weapons to bring for each mission/etc.

But now that Slash has nothing really going for it since "Flesh" enemies are generally never a problem, suddenly three quarters of melee weapons have become noticibly less effective. Especially since players tend to use their melee weapons against the Infested the most.

Impact having bonus damage on Infested is also really strange. Bludgeoning and bruising being more effective than bifurcating them in half seems odd to me.

2) I do admit that having Heat damage being the most effective against Infested was a bit unfair (though it made plenty of sense), since Corrosive and Magnetic both require two elements.

But having Gas (and previously, Radiation) the most effective element now makes even less sense to me. I'd understand if it was Blast instead (something something thermal explosions tearing Infesteds apart), but spraying poison gas at Toxic Ancients and Crawlers just doesn't sit well with me. Microwaving Infesteds for +75% damage with Radiation was fun while it lasted, though, and made at least a fair bit of sense.

3) Now, the problem with the current state of Warframe abilities is that many of them don't scale well enough to be of use after a certain enemy level threshold. There are many ways to combat this, but a good example would be to have some damage values scale with enemy levels, or even shield and health values.

Elemental resistances and armor values also affect some Warframe abilities much too harshly.

i.e. Frost's Avalanche literally does 1 damage to lower leveled Grineer.

Some Warframes' abilities, however, need some serious tweaking/changes, in my opinion.

- Ember's Fire Blast is absolutely useless in its current state. However, if it knocked down and left a slowing field (or just slowed enemies that were hit) in a radius around her, it'd be an amazing utility tool, even if didn't do much damage by itself (though it should, considering its name).

- Banshee's Silence fits her theme very well, but just isn't very effective as a proper stealth tool since it only affects enemies within her vicinity when cast. If, however, it became a team buff (like Rhino's Roar or Volt's Speed) that made all noises (gunfire, explosions, abilities, etc.) silent, it would be much more effective and practical.

- Loki's Decoy and Saryn's Molt are way too fragile, and literally die in one shot to many higher leveled enemies. To counter this, having both skills take a certain number of hits (increased by Power Strength or Duration, perhaps) instead of a certain amount of damage could be a possible solution (i.e. all "hits" deal 1 damage; decoy/molt have 100 health) so that it remains useful even against higher leveled enemies, and isn't exactly invincible against lowered leveled ones.

And the list goes on. I'm sure Warframe abillity overhauls are in store in the future for rebalancing, but there's a reason why Nova, Vauban, Mag, Frost, and Rhino are considered the "best Warframes".

TL;DR

1) Revert the damage bonus changes made to Impact (remove +25% Infested) and Slash (add +50% Infested)

2) Instead of having Gas the most effective against Infested, consider Blast or reconsider Radiation.

3) Add more utility, crowd control, area of effect, quality-of-life improvements to Warframe abilities; possibly add damage values that scale with enemy levels/values/etc.

Edited by Synchroneity

Basically what your saying is, why did they make the codex in the first place. Since the wiki gives you the ability to look up anything you need. Some people believe it or not don't actually use wiki's or like using the codex and then testing it out there own builds to see what works. If someone wants firgures, they can use the wiki.

I don't understand your logic.

If someone is happy to use the wiki then either method of display is fine.

If someone only wants to use the codex and not the wiki, using "+25%" is clearer than "+".

If someone doesn't want to use either then how it is displayed is irrelevant to them.

I'm saying there should be no requirement to use the wiki to understand the codex.

Crashed twice last night before i called it quits. Clan was running Neptune -> Neso. Crashed in the last few waves for me so no credit towards that, got to 2/5 completions while everyone else had finished with it. Never crashed before so i suspect something with this particular update.

System:

I5 3550

Asus Z77-V Pro

16GB 1600 Corsair Vengence RAM

1200W Silencer  Power Supply

2 EVGA 550 Ti's (At the time was running one as dedicated physx, will try SLI tonight)

64GB Crucial SSD with WIN 7 ultimate

500GB Western Digital Black

Cards never got fully taxed on game, was relativly medium settings on the first crash.

Switched everything to low or OFF and crashed again anyways.

See how tonight goes otherwise ill have to be hands off till next set of fixes.

Liked what i was able to do so far DE

I would like to say

1. I do not understand why this change was needed. Everyone was getting used to damage 2.0.  You should have just left the old damage table.  As for physicaly damage having negative impact on other physical damage makes no sense, if I have a high slash gun, that means it's negative effect on armo would be overwhelm its puncture damage,  meaning most melee weapons will do little to no puncture damage perhaps even get hindered in puncture.  all the mods for puncture, slash and impact are pretty much usless now, since if you increase a damage type you are paying penalty on other damage types.  THE GUNS are already imbalanced in stead of damage, for example a soma with high slash and lower puncture.  The high slash value will also have a high negative impact on the pucnture damage, negating much of soma's puncture power.   physical damage 2.0 was fine, in my OPINION physical damage should not have any negative effetcts, WHY? because the guns arleady balance that aspect of the damage,  some guns are heavy in puncture yet some heavy in slash etc etc.  so if you are going to put negative effects on physical damage, you should make all damage types equal and let the player choose which mod he wishes to chose and incease the damge of.

A big factor to take into account is look at the mods you have put out and look at what they do, many mods are just not being used.  If you want a balanced game, you will look at this aspect very carfully, many nightmare mods have become obsolete because they introduce an elemental THAT many have negative impact on the damage.  In my opinion only corrupted mods should have negative impact on damage types.  even using such a mod as razor shot, (although increases the slash, it will also increase the negative penalty to puncture, same going for all the other phsycial damage mods that affect damage seprately.

you must realize that there is no such a thing a every gun is supposed to be balanced.  some guns SHOULD be better than others as you rank up your mastery. trying to make every guns the same is just ridiculous.  I am not asking to make the gun powerful towards everything, faction based guns are the way to go if you want to implement this type of damage system.. for example remove the impact damage on guns for grineer factions, or remove the puncture damage on guns for corpus,  DO NOT mess with the damage table directly, or put resistance on physical damages, this does not make any sense, a gun that has 20 damage does not really have 20 damage if you look at the physical damage table, making it very complicated to level up different physical damage types, having to worry about its hindering affects.    

What this dose is make the game easier to understand and work with rather, than having a math major sit down and calculate what kinda damage a gun does.  Many people are diverted from the game due to its high damage complexity.

2.  Infested:  invasions, take over nodes that are important for gameplay.  for example someone trying to play a mission in that certain area will now have to wait 2-3 4 or 5 days depending ot the invasion and the battle that is going on.  As you can see come battles might take long.  This effectively disrupts the starmap in general.  one other thing is that i used to rather enjoy nightmare missions with infested and it was very fun, which is now completely gone from the game.  infact nightmare missions make sense with the infested.   NIGHTMARE!!!! infested!! The infested not having a home planet throws off the dynamic of the game, especially farming for mods.  The game needs to have a dedicated infested defense and survival.  

All these changes have made many people angry why?

1. people have paid hundreds of plats for mods that are now useless

2. the loadout of guns, polarities, and mod combinations and leveling have all been screwed up.  We must relevel, forma, and change things around requiring more fusion cores, and more time and money that had already been spend on the game before.

We want infested back like before.

I actually really like it this way, it makes the game much more dynamic, now what I would like to see is the infested drop Mutagen samples again. Also the reward from their missions are great and is there any plan on updating Phorid like making it a big awesome ancient monster or a hideous combination of a bunch of infested Grineer?

Infested invasions is a cool idea but we still need a good permanent infested defense, mobile defense, and survival. Writing off the best gametypes for an entire faction is just nonsense.

The issue I am running into is most players only want to stay 5 mins on a survival now and/or wave 5 on defends. It only takes 1 troll to activate the oxygen and force and "early" extraction even if the other 3 want to stay longer. 

On defend missions, one person can vote to leave without impacting those wanting to stay longer.

SUGGESTION: Add a mission queuing feature that lets you choose "5 (waves/mins) and go", 15+, 30+ etc. for better grouping. One possibility is to let the host select this before loading in and only players that are looking for that option join.