The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Afkers Getting Out Of Control

Grumpy

Lately it seems like people are joining games and blatantly going afk.  A lot of time they will hide in a corner, on something high up and go afk.   But they will make sure to move around as in to stay in exp range.  And sometimes they will come back just in time to run back to exit the game.

It's really, really, really, starting to ruin the gaming experience.  I've run defense missions where I've had 2 people, and sometimes 3, just go afk and sit in a corner.

I would really like to see a "no group" added to the ignore function, so people will eventually be able to avoid them in the future.

And we really need a group kick function.  Something in which the group can vote to kick someone out of the group, with a reason attached to the vote.

I can't even express the importance of this issue, and how bad it's getting in game.  Hopefully you all can look into something soon.

Not sure if this applies, but somehow, while starting a session I had to widdle so I pressed esc and went off to the bathroom. I had definitely watched the session cancel and the system map came up again as I was getting up. When I got back I was in a session just standing at the spawn point. If it'd been a doinker I would have been away the whole time!

Ive done this before in a def mission out of protest simply because  a teammate intentionally kept killing us with the lasers and claimed that if we stay near pod we wont get hit, i need to go out there and collect energy, ammo and resources that drop but some jerk decides its fine time to use the lasers. so the last round i decided ill sit out and watch him fail and die, and I wasnt the only one.

I wouldnt mind a kick feature, but there are ways that it can be abused if one isnt careful, such as a team booting a player for bs reasons, some ppl are sheep and will do so because others do so (sames as Endless Wave def) but i admit its something to be looked into.

It just worries me that people will start using this when I'm hunting for resources. I see group kick becoming a very bad idea. I think people will just use it to troll people with different play styles. I could sooner see a report afk feature, but if you move in a reasonable amount of time it clears the impending boot. Just make no mistake, sometimes people NEED to afk. I have had to step away many times in the middle of a defense mission to find my son's pacifier or something that really takes priority over staying glued to the keyboard. It would really start to ruin the game for me, because say I'm running ariel on uranus farming plastids. Two people join my game and don't feel like looking around and they vote to boot me. Don't get me wrong by all means I can solo, but I really shouldn't HAVE to. Honestly, I see any vote to kick option being abused.

I suppose im guilty of this, but not because I choose to.

It's when the session is so laggy that I'm not sure if I'm even contributing (Still able to get stealth scans, which still count, and do stealth attacks on anything), so I just run around collecting resources, collecting codex scans (this is a great way to get scans!), etc.

AFK + someone moving doesn't compute.

If they take the time to follow you, would be weird of them to just leech. Leechers really just go AFK.

I think you might be just killing everything as you seem to be playing Nova.

Also you might just have a streak of crate hunters or just new people not yet adjusted to the speed of the game. Also when the games are super laggy it is really hard to do anything at all.

Before calling leeching on people following you there are many factors that can unfortunatly diminish their contribution.

Must be your own experience, because in my case, I can count on one hand the amount of real leechers I've played with. People barely contributing to kills on the other hand is a lot more frequent. Not all their fault either when I run with Nova and just charge everything.

When the new event comes,afkers and leechers appears and when I play with randoms on event,there always rank 1-5 players who cannot find the right way to reach to the extract point.

Most of them becomes afk at the respawn point where we start.

Also afkers and leechers needs a warning thing from admins.

Im fairly new so Im sure my experiance isnt as accurate as the next. But yeah, I see an increase in afk'ers. But Im not a fan of a vote kick feature.

Personally I think a report feature would be better, though Im not sure what the penalty should be for chronic afkers.

But there is no foolproof way to deal with them, unfortunately there are Always ways to fool the system.

Take an screenshot with afkers. Send it to support and describe the issues. Hope support will do something about it.

Or use Loki or Valkyr and move them to bunch of mobs.

Screenshot reports mean nothing, ever.(When it comes to reporting a player)

Edited by Cpt-Brian

B-But Nova users Molecular Prime everyday for every second, all it does is benefit them. Alot of exp is wasted if said person was trying to level a melee weapon and a secondary weapon while using a rank 30 Frame and primary weapon. 

DE really needs to implement exp bonus/reduction in Reputation System when it arrives. Players are allowed to cast vote at every end of  the level. Any players who accumulated 10 thumbs down will get 25% exp reduction for his frame/weapons/sentinel for 2 hours cap limit and vice versa.

Edited by Leriel

I think the ban is maybe the best answer.  Sure they will do it once but not again and it frees up DE to work on the game not police us.  It really gets on my nerves when people do that and wish I was using Valkyr with zip line (does that still work on players).  I would pull them into a mob til they have no revives left.

The proper term is "Leecher". AFK =/= Leech.

If they're moving around and not helping, that's a Leecher (But be careful! Look to see if they have BOTH their primary and secondaries put away! They may be using the scanner). If they flee enemies when you Switch Teleport or Ripline, it's a Leecher, not an AFKer. You CAN, however, be both at the same time.

And yes, with the new system, there are many more leechers. It was a problem during the two battle pay events, and it's going to become more prominent with this new system.

B-But Nova users Molecular Prime everyday for every second, all it does is benefit them. Alot of exp is wasted if said person was trying to level a melee weapon and a secondary weapon while using a rank 30 Frame and primary weapon. 

No. 200% of his nova spam experience goes to YOU, 25% each to your frame, and weapons, and then 50% each to your sentinal and its weapon.

I love games when a nova is there. I get experience on everything I'm levelling, and when I fire that 1 shot that sets off a chain reaction it's the best thing ever.

Enjoy it.

If anything, the MolPrime user is nerfing themselves,as most of that xp is going to their frame. Or that's what I took from the recent xp update notes.

I'm strongly against any kind of negative voting in matches. We already have sentinels checking for idle players and turning off; all we need is to take that one step further to the eventual kick when they're really not coming back in a reasonable time frame.