The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Afkers Getting Out Of Control

Grumpy

B-But Nova users Molecular Prime everyday for every second, all it does is benefit them. Alot of exp is wasted if said person was trying to level a melee weapon and a secondary weapon while using a rank 30 Frame and primary weapon. 

DE really needs to implement exp bonus/reduction in Reputation System when it arrives. Players are allowed to cast vote at every end of  the level. Any players who accumulated 10 thumbs down will get 25% exp reduction for his frame/weapons/sentinel for 2 hours cap limit and vice versa.

Ok, apparently you don't know how frame abilities xp work. That Nova that's "stealing" all of that xp for themselves is doing your job for you. You get a flat xp rate for frame, main weapon, secondary weapon, and melee, per kill when a person uses their frame abilities. If anything, they're leveling your items just as fast or faster than you are.

Sure why not but I'm on a (UTC+8:00) timezone.

Note to mods and OP: I have no intention of derailing this thread I was just using my name as a Joke.

funnily enough, im in the same timezone (until i return to my real home, which is a couple hours further)

and i hope you knew that by cell i meant squad :3

On-topic(?): How about this:

After a set duration of idling/inactivity, the player gets an "AFK" tag/status/indicator. Only then can they be vote kicked, but when kicked, they just initiate a new instance for themselves (i.e. similar to a host migration).

Well that's the problem, its impossible to contribute when there is no enemies left to kill. So you either just stand there and watch the pretty explosions or tab out and do something else, I usually choose the latter.

That's just BS. I've been in many games with multiple Novas. Sure, there are alot of explosions, but you can still contribute with kills as well. Don't use such an excuse to justify afking.

Yeah because reputation systems are never exploited.

The reputation system that DE wants to put in is simply a system that allows you to upvote players who are helpful. And when you upvote said players, the only impact it has is that you have a higher chance of being matched with them in future games.  

I had a 5 games today, with Nova (Ogris) and Ember (Penta). After first game with them i haven't stopped to even try to contibute, instead making stealth scans. You know, Loki with Ignis is awesome, but i couldn't get any Infested into shooting range, unless i stand or respawn (which is rude because of drops). And what? Would you call me a leecher because they were killing things too fast?

Edited by SpFinX

You can "exploit" the blacklist as long as you wish sir. In the end you will be playing by yourself.

I am all for a personal blacklist over a vote anytime. I personally almost never have any afk in my game. It's really rare that not all 4 players reach the end and when they don't it's more often than not just loot hunters. I can count on one hand the amount of time I've finished a game with someone with 0 of score everywhere.

I'd rather have to wait 30 secs at the end of a match once in a while than being kick voted out of a game once by some butthurt kids that wanted 4 Rhinos in their game.

I've met a lot more jerks and garbage players in the past month than AFK or leechers since I've started playing on update 7. Even yesterday, I remember 2 people (on jupiter!) starting to trash talk the fourth player for pointing out a module that turned out to be an ammo drum. Saying they would have kicked him if they had the power in a T3 void or nightmare missions. Just because someone, in a low level area, tried to be nice and point out a mod to his teammates.

So yeah DE, do not give the chance to people like them to kick good players and alienate them to your game.

I think that reporting literally does nothing. A guy threatened to report me, he did (told me after the report), 3 days later when I thought to chat him up and laugh in his face I did because he said he spent 30 mins. working on that thing and nothing came out of it. You want to know why it didn't work? Its because I'm a paying customer and not just some penny spender at that, I mean like 200-300 dollars. Unless I mod the game files in anyway or make death threats for about a week on end every chance I get or start cyber-bullying, DE won't touch my account or any other customers account.

Btw, I was reported because my game crashed right after I killed a boss. The other player was making some sort of video or was in a stream and told me that he would report if I quit while being the host. He had no way of knowing what happened to me, nor did DE have a way of knowing either. Even if I had actually aborted the mission right after killing the boss, he still would have had an insignificant reason for reporting me because it was a personal problem and wasn't any type of exploitation or illegal act in the slightest. It was just his butt-hurtedness that made him report.

... So my point: Reporting will get you nowhere and being butt-hurt because a person decided to AFK at the start of the mission is not a reason to waste your own time on a report. Those people get no shared xp, no stat increases from it, and the end mission reward is most likely not worth anything, so don't worry about them. So to those of you who think that reporting will actually do you any good, take it from me, it WON'T HELP! Why don't you get off your ignorant high horse and just ignore the annoying AFKers like a normal person.

detect afk status : ok

get no reward if afk status lasts too long: ok

punishment afk ? no thanks.

There are several reasons to be afk.

Mission started without beeing accepted from yourself (because you are still in the random group from the last mission)

Or your cat makes something stupid so you must leave the pc.

Or your kid makes ......

Or you must just get an other beer ^^