Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bring Back Infested Nodes.

The-Ex-Wife

The 'Idea' was nice. To have infested infest places. But really taking away all infested nodes. No. Today I logged in and saw that and logged straight back out. 

Please bring back infested nodes (to where they were). Was over invasion from the event for the brakk and then the event for Alad V. I enjoyed doing some nice key farming on xini with a good squad cause I enjoy killing infested more so than any other faction. Now to see infested is only on invasions. People won't be killing the infested to get back the grineer, and corpus nodes back. They will be killing them cause its infested then when they finish they probably won't even play those nodes. 

Please DE. Just un-do this or at least make it so there is a planet that stays infested...

Edited by The-Ex-Wife

Plus from just looking at it I see invasion game. Nothing about defence, or survival, or what the game type is. How am I meant to adjust my build to the situation? -.-

They're infested. They're only melee. How hard is it to adapt to that whatever game mode it is?

the problem is they removed the game as we have come to love. no infested at all... i have stuff built specifically for that enemy, but i do not want to only run invasions to fight them. I enjoyed xini with infested allot, io too, i enjoyed mimas survival with infested and all of eris really. was ranking ember prime and finishing up eris, now i have no use for ember...or anything else that i have built to fight this enemy. there are only 3 factions, why remove one from the planets completely? I agree with the poster in this thread PLEASE bring infested planets/nodes back... I dont even feel like doing grineer/corpus survivals at all...

@naftal its not where they are, it is about where they are not. we want them back where we like to farm certain things instead we have one choice....the same map over and over its not a farm at all its a reward grind for one nuerode gimme a break

Edited by hrroach

I didnt really like the beasts anyway so i dont mind the fact they lost there nodes. You can still fight against them get aid from the other factions and sometimes the factions are offering some pretty juicy rewards. By the way i find infested holding the nodes much less logicical then Corpus and Grineer. The Grineer have a large army large enough to keep there lands occupied. The Corpus have there army or merchant guild guard or whatever there military forces are. The Infested have no real army. They only have hordes of them they dont have a real organised army like the Corpus of Grineer. Therefore removing them from the chart was great. If your reading this DE good call good call. 

^^ um no and no, only way to do Infested Defense/Survival is on a Derelict now. The thing is is there was variety in the Solar system, which means variety in the game. They only hurt themselves (DE) by removing 1/3 of the Solar system inhabitants. They only did bad by removing them, now theres just less variety in a game struggling to not be a grind house. Yet with the Void drop tables and now less choice in the planetary nodes, this isn't going to help their cause (making a great game with a lot of choices for players).

Edited by Buutterss

I have to say that i am feeling rather bored now that the infested maps and missions are gone, out of the three factions the infested were my favored by far.

I rather dislike corpus on survival because they tend to just run for the hills constantly making it that much harder to keep life-support going. 

Grineer is ok, aslong as everyone on your team is rather well kitted allready to help fight the high armor.

But infested was unique, they were the only faction that would literally come all up in your face and try to bite/smack/explode you.

Now its just grineer and corpus, which gets boring for me. I've been playing for the last few weeks allmost everyday nonestop, but today i just felt like "I feel so bored chasing these corpus guys around, i wish they would just come and fight me!".

After doing multiple corpus and grineer defense survival maps, i can honestly say that ill be taking a long break now while waiting for a change to the new system, because im not entirely sure i want to keep playing with out my favored faction the infested as a steady source of relaxing fun.

what if you need to scan infested?

what if you are searching for some specific mission kind with infested?

what if you are looking for a mod that infested drop?

what if you want warframe parts from infested bosses?

allots of what if's... 

What if you opened your Market, Go to Keys and build yourself an Orokin Derelict Key and scanned them there.

What If you farmed your keys in the Orokin Derelict?

On the topic at hand:

I find the fact that the Infested actually "invade" and "attempt to spread their infection" to be very refreshing and in order.

Just because something got harder to do doesn't mean it's the end of the world in all honesty

Edited by ThatShadyGuy

imho...major blunder loosing the regular infested on planets missions, "the few that we had!" - revert it back to [how it was before the change.] (infestation alerts are fine) - Just my Ember cries for them just my thoughts here. #respect

Edited by Bladereap3r

That's what the derelicts are for. Making infestation a non-stick faction to fight was a good idea because of the easy with which players could amass xp and credits compared to other factions. The new system doesn't allow for easy reliable farming hotspots, which is IMO it's biggest positive feature. Have you how much more spread out the squads are compared to before? Whereas before, most of a system's activity would concentrate on one or two farming hotspots(usually infested because of aforementioned reasons), 2 to 3 out of 4 nodes I hover over with the mouse are populated. It was (intentional or not) a farming nerf that made the rest of the game more lively.

the problem is that if people are only playing a few missions out of the hundreds availbe what DE should have done is looked at why no body was playing them instead they have tried to force people into playing missions they do not wish to play and fight factions they do not wish to fight and on maps they do not wish to use to boot why should we have to go to OD just to be certain of there being a mission of the type we wish to do featuring infested? plus a lot of people do not like having corpus or grineer running around getting in our way so just because you like it we should have to suffer it too? i think not

That's what the derelicts are for. Making infestation a non-stick faction to fight was a good idea because of the easy with which players could amass xp and credits compared to other factions. The new system doesn't allow for easy reliable farming hotspots, which is IMO it's biggest positive feature. Have you how much more spread out the squads are compared to before? Whereas before, most of a system's activity would concentrate on one or two farming hotspots(usually infested because of aforementioned reasons), 2 to 3 out of 4 nodes I hover over with the mouse are populated. It was (intentional or not) a farming nerf that made the rest of the game more lively.

Yet lost a hole bunch of players. And no I do not believe infestation was the easiest xp. Even if it was though, then that would be making a grindy game. Take even longer to grind. Farmed a phobos defence to wave 35 and got basically the same xp and was just as easy. 

Can't see anything bad in this.

There is enough of Infested nodes, what's wrong? You still can play against them in all game mods.

Infested Endless Defense is gone.

Utterly gone.

Now it is a 15-wave countdown like Void (which DOESN'T give you rewards every 5 waves).

And also, some players want low-level Infested missions to level up slashing/impact weapons. I remember doing a lot of XP on Lares in Mercury (Level 1 Infested Asteroid Sabotage!).

Now, all Infestation is random. I think a few nodes dotted here-and-there should be left in, perhaps 1 per planet.

Im new but i will put what i think here anyhow.

For one - what do you care what the others are getting ? Everyone still need to farm each faction for specific resors and mods - hance every map is more or less populated. And also you are incorect - there is no bigger spread of squads - there is even less - majority of players in OD - me included. From the moment they made the change i have done about 10 missions outside of OD - mostly alerts.

Farming nerf in a game that is all about farming - is not beneficial to anyone. Also some of us like to play melee - slow one at that - so when you primary attack is slow charge mele attack - have fun fighting mobile range mobs.

Invasions are fine i like them - but infested should have a planet from where they can spread - so Eris can be back and we can still have the invasions.

What if you opened your Market, Go to Keys and build yourself an Orokin Derelict Key and scanned them there.

What If you farmed your keys in the Orokin Derelict?

On the topic at hand:

I find the fact that the Infested actually "invade" and "attempt to spread their infection" to be very refreshing and in order.

Just because something got harder to do doesn't mean it's the end of the world in all honesty

last night I was very disappointed with the fact that theres no more infested, but I came around, now I also think this is a good idea, but lets just hope theres always different types of infested missions and present with different types of difficulty.

The only downside is that now the game seems reduced to only 2 factions, and the void is a lazy copy paste of solar enemies... variety is missing.

This decision removed player choice from the game and as a result, hurt every one of us. The rarest mods will only drop from higher level enemies in certain places, so it's important to know what you're doing. As of right now I can't tell the mission type, and it's an inconvenience to have to enter a mission, then back out because its not the mission type I as looking for.

The Issue is you cant fight on the side of infested I want to be able to do that. If I cant Fight for the infested can they at least win the node by if you don't get rid of the infestation by a certain time they take that node. Honestly now we have only 2 infested bosses one you have to use resources and have to farm for to even fight. we lost the golem ya he needed to be redone but now their is no way to get volt(HE needs a buff badly).

Mods that are only dropped by infested I shouldn't have to farm grineer and/or corpus so I can fight infested consistently.

The other factions aren't aggressive that what makes infested fun they are aggressive.

I just came back from a break and logged in and saw this same thing, I HATE IT.

Im a guy who loves to get in and just hack and slash with friends. So the idea I have to run (more keep up with rushers) to come across maybe 2-3 guys that i actually can melee just get that melee weapon XP is torture. I love Xini, Io, etc infested defense. I can sit there with my girlfriend (who fails at games) and just have a good time. What I have seen since the removal of the infested missions are ALOT of AFKers. This is really bad. Only reason Im still playing are for the alerts and the invasions otherwise i dont even have a reason to login. My enjoyment in this game is gone down the toilet and as a  Grand Master and someone whos thrown maybe a grand into this game and for Devs to change it so drastically the way they did I feel so very much cheated out of my money. 

If it was because of mods then id say ok maybe a good idea, but then you brought in the trade aspect which ok makes you some pocket change but doesnt fix anything you just made more people even more lazy. 

If it was for XP grinds. Ok i see why and understand, but im a guy who likes to level it all to 30, then go back and level my favorites and put 4-5 formas into them. I have been working on same weapons for days now. Infested defense made theses grinds bearable. 

Personally I feel cheated, very cheated. And where Im not quiting, There is going to a huge cut in playing time which in a marking stand point that platnium i buy every month is a loss and im not the only one feeling this.

I propose a solution:

Infested have a home planet where they reside exclusively. The infestation spreads to the surrounding planets which are taken over if they are not taken care of. That way there are still invasion missions for those who prefer that while those who prefer the infested nodes can hack away at ground zero.