Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bring Back Infested Nodes.

The-Ex-Wife

they really need to revert the infested map back AND STOP that stupid invasion rewards thing
if they really infest just give the infested some nodes that we need to clean,
not with that RARE potato or fieldron/whatever lab mats out there

this is not an event that need that kind of good reward

I propose a solution:

Infested have a home planet where they reside exclusively. The infestation spreads to the surrounding planets which are taken over if they are not taken care of. That way there are still invasion missions for those who prefer that while those who prefer the infested nodes can hack away at ground zero.

this is a good starting point. DE changed all nodes to corpus or grineer levels. i personally think we had enough of them even before the infested lost their territory - it's quite boring at this point. newer players have more problems now to get mods that drop from infested enemies, anti-infested weapons somehow got a "nerf" because corpus and grineer are more dominant now and we don't have normal missions anymore to fight against the infestation. there is no offical information about the "invasion" levels weather they are exterminate, survival, defense missions and so on (as far as i can see).

to compensate this a bit, the infested should get their own planet with mission nodes in a big level range to give both newer and armed players missions to play with.

this is a good starting point. DE changed all nodes to corpus or grineer levels. i personally think we had enough of them even before the infested lost their territory - it's quite boring at this point. newer players have more problems now to get mods that drop from infested enemies, anti-infested weapons somehow got a "nerf" because corpus and grineer are more dominant now and we don't have normal missions anymore to fight against the infestation. there is no offical information about the "invasion" levels weather they are exterminate, survival, defense missions and so on (as far as i can see).

to compensate this a bit, the infested should get their own planet with mission nodes in a big level range to give both newer and armed players missions to play with.

That sounds good, have the first node start at something like levels 3 - 5 then have the last ones/boss sitting at 28 - 33.

i would really like for infested nodes to come back, i am finding myself getting bored while playing now. before i could play infested defense or survival for hours having fun. it wasnt about grinding or farming keys for me, i just liked the challange the infested gave me. i really just dont like the courpus or the grenieer missions.

Totally agree with OP and all the other threads on this subject.

The infested missions on Jupiter plus all the others were really my fav missions.

I feel de decision here has hurt the game a great deal.

I for one have lost interest in Warframe after this bad decision.

Please de revert this decision and bring back our beloved infested. We miss them dearly :)

That's what the derelicts are for. Making infestation a non-stick faction to fight was a good idea because of the easy with which players could amass xp and credits compared to other factions. The new system doesn't allow for easy reliable farming hotspots, which is IMO it's biggest positive feature. Have you how much more spread out the squads are compared to before? Whereas before, most of a system's activity would concentrate on one or two farming hotspots(usually infested because of aforementioned reasons), 2 to 3 out of 4 nodes I hover over with the mouse are populated. It was (intentional or not) a farming nerf that made the rest of the game more lively.

"Whereas before, most of a system's activity would concentrate on one or two farming hotspots(usually infested because of aforementioned reasons), 2 to 3 out of 4 nodes I hover over with the mouse are populated."

As someone mentioned in another post, they should have an infested-only planet, in which the players that like to kill infested (much like myself) can play on. I prefer using my melee weapon over guns, which makes infested the most fun to kill. That way, the planet(s) that are primarily infested will have their population spread by mission type, much like the rest of the planets. Right now there are so many Grineer/Corpus missions there's like 5 of the same thing for each faction and mission type and level enemy, but there's almost no infested missions. At least, not for the players who don't have the entire galaxy unlocked yet (also like myself). Not all gamers are the 100% completionists that need to have everything beaten. Until there's a clear and cut reward for completing every mission on a planet (I'm aware of nightmare mode unlock, but I mean progression type reward like unlocking certain weapons, warframes, etc.), a lot of players really just want to play in the areas they're familiar with. Obviously as you branch out there will be higher level enemies, but those don't mean anything to you when you're trying to level up your lower-level weapons and frames.

Orokin derelicts.

Learn2love.

Seriously why is everyone saying that is what the OD is for? quite a few of us DO NOT LIKE THE OD TILESET!! some of us also do not want to have to go round farming things to gain access to infested missions when ever we want why should we have to spend our credits and our time to make keys when we will most likely not make our money back? this is my biggest problem with people claiming that this new way of doing things is fine and if we don't like it go OD

I wonder if they will check the playing times from this weekend compared to prior? Even with invasions going on I know I still played less. I played far less this weekend despite having new weapons come out. Personally, I think that they looked at what was going on and decided like the had in the past that we were not playing the game the way they intended. I do not like to be forced into any one type of game play because a developer feels I am missing out on all that extra grindy crap that they have in the game. This all feels a bit like when they nerfed Ember into being a support frame or tried to make Rhino less of a tank frame.

I have other games I can go play while DE grabs some lube, gets a firm grip on their ankles and manages to pull the proverbial head from their &#!. Since the inclusion of the consoles there have been more and more decisions at DE that have ended with me playing less as each update comes out.

While i do like the idea of implementing the invasions as events both for infested and the other 2 factions i do agree the infested need a permanent foothold, give them Eris back and then have them invade elsewhere and then i see no problem with this update but limiting them to invasion only seems like a bad move to me.

Plus from just looking at it I see invasion game. Nothing about defence, or survival, or what the game type is. How am I meant to adjust my build to the situation? -.-

This is a major UI issue that needs to be handled. Not just because I don't know what to bring, but because I don't know IF I want wot run it. Last thing I want is to run in thinking I'm banging out a quick exterminate to find out I have to do a MD. 

the problem is they removed the game as we have come to love. no infested at all... i have stuff built specifically for that enemy, but i do not want to only run invasions to fight them. I enjoyed xini with infested allot, io too, i enjoyed mimas survival with infested and all of eris really. was ranking ember prime and finishing up eris, now i have no use for ember...or anything else that i have built to fight this enemy. there are only 3 factions, why remove one from the planets completely? I agree with the poster in this thread PLEASE bring infested planets/nodes back... I dont even feel like doing grineer/corpus survivals at all...

@naftal its not where they are, it is about where they are not. we want them back where we like to farm certain things instead we have one choice....the same map over and over its not a farm at all its a reward grind for one nuerode gimme a break

This is rather disingenuous. Since the change there have been infested locations up until earlier today. I will admit that there are no non OD infested locations right now though, and that is a problem. if this system is going to work at all, there has to be a much stronger and regular presence of the infested and it has to have a very regular low level set and a very regular high level set. They don't have to be in the same locations, but I feel that at least one of each game mode should be represented and when one goes down, another pops up. I know that DE is still essentially just testing this mode out, but I think if these things are paid attention, it could work quite well.

no, there is only invasion now, no nodes except the operations.

There is still OD. If it's the maps you like and not infested then there is that to contend with. If it's infested you like, then the key costs about as much as you get in a single run anywhere except Mercury (including bp purchase AND build), the same with resources (anything to get rid of Nanospores) and it takes literally 60 seconds to build. Go listen to a third of a pop song while it builds. You'll survive. 

what if you need to scan infested?

what if you are searching for some specific mission kind with infested?

what if you are looking for a mod that infested drop?

what if you want warframe parts from infested bosses?

allots of what if's... 

Then go to OD and scan to your hearts content. 

Build and OD key for that mission type.

OD?

That was always Lephantis, but I will readily admit that Volt farming is going to be as stupidly hard as Vauban and Banshee. As someone who has farmed every frame in the game, it is not cool to add another name to that list. 

Return Eris to Infested,pls.

I want to play infested defense(Xini) or Survival(Saturn/Mimas or Phalan/Xini),like old days.

p.s.For the statistics,i played zero invasion missions.

I think this is a solid compromise. Have a system where there is a core of planets with one of each, survival, MD, D, Ext and Phorid. Make a Phorid-like creature to take his place on other planets now and have them spread from his planet which is situated between corpus and grineer and the battle constantly pushes them back to the core 4 planets. 

So I know there is a lot of "I don't like change" going on, but I actually really like this set up. I like the corpus/grineer conflicts popping up too. I say make the small change to the system above, bring on the sentients and shake it up even further. 

For those of you who keep suggesting us to do Orokin Derelicts, well... i just caved in and did 2 exterminate runs... guess what, the infested on both runs looked an awful lot like grineer troopers.

Not sure if they changed the mob types on OD missions now or was it a weird glitch, went in a 3rd time to try and find infested, gave up after seing the first bunch of grineer infront of me right after the loading screen was done.

so in essence, atleast i cant seem to get my infested fill in OD anymore either... *sigh*

For those of you who keep suggesting us to do Orokin Derelicts, well... i just caved in and did 2 exterminate runs... guess what, the infested on both runs looked an awful lot like grineer troopers.

Not sure if they changed the mob types on OD missions now or was it a weird glitch, went in a 3rd time to try and find infested, gave up after seing the first bunch of grineer infront of me right after the loading screen was done.

so in essence, atleast i cant seem to get my infested fill in OD anymore either... *sigh*

OD exterm was always split. usually first half was infested and second was grineer. 

OD exterm was always split. usually first half was infested and second was grineer. 

I've done around 100 runs on OD exterminate before and never encountered anythin other than infested, unless i opened the vault and picked up the artifact ofc.

But even if what you say were the case, it wasnt 50/50 on mob types, it was 100% grineer from start to finish.

I just came back from a break and logged in and saw this same thing, I HATE IT.

Im a guy who loves to get in and just hack and slash with friends. So the idea I have to run (more keep up with rushers) to come across maybe 2-3 guys that i actually can melee just get that melee weapon XP is torture. I love Xini, Io, etc infested defense. I can sit there with my girlfriend (who fails at games) and just have a good time. What I have seen since the removal of the infested missions are ALOT of AFKers. This is really bad. Only reason Im still playing are for the alerts and the invasions otherwise i dont even have a reason to login. My enjoyment in this game is gone down the toilet and as a  Grand Master and someone whos thrown maybe a grand into this game and for Devs to change it so drastically the way they did I feel so very much cheated out of my money. 

If it was because of mods then id say ok maybe a good idea, but then you brought in the trade aspect which ok makes you some pocket change but doesnt fix anything you just made more people even more lazy. 

If it was for XP grinds. Ok i see why and understand, but im a guy who likes to level it all to 30, then go back and level my favorites and put 4-5 formas into them. I have been working on same weapons for days now. Infested defense made theses grinds bearable. 

Personally I feel cheated, very cheated. And where Im not quiting, There is going to a huge cut in playing time which in a marking stand point that platnium i buy every month is a loss and im not the only one feeling this.

^So effing much this.

(( As much as i nag on this idea https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/147566-infested-invasions-and-planets/#entry1747441 ))

- Make the infested work like the grineer and corpus invasion nodes, rarely happening and MUST give some sort of good reward ( when completed they move towards the boss node before moving to another system. ( this makes sure phorid always has a chance to appear ).

- Scrap the derelicts, make Eris use the derelict tile set and various infested ships (corpus, grineer, etc), make lephantis the boss ( so necros and mutigen samples are not behind two grind walls )

- possibly move orokin vaults to alerts( in eris or anywhere? ) and have the player choose a key before being pair up with a group ( each with a unique key ).

No one wants to go to derelicts, and most people want Eris to be infested again, this solves both problems, the tileset gets actual use, the grindwalls are removed, the infested get a homeworld to spread from, starchart now has 3 races again and isn't just boring corpus and grineer, and finally the infested invasions remain and even have a reason to exist as they all come out of a massive "ship graveyard" of infested wrecks, every cleanup mission sent to it only adding more infested to the unconquerable infested mass that is Eris

(( As much as i nag on this idea https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/147566-infested-invasions-and-planets/#entry1747441 ))

- Make the infested work like the grineer and corpus invasion nodes, rarely happening and MUST give some sort of good reward ( when completed they move towards the boss node before moving to another system. ( this makes sure phorid always has a chance to appear ).

- Scrap the derelicts, make Eris use the derelict tile set and various infested ships (corpus, grineer, etc), make lephantis the boss ( so necros and mutigen samples are not behind two grind walls )

- possibly move orokin vaults to alerts( in eris or anywhere? ) and have the player choose a key before being pair up with a group ( each with a unique key ).

No one wants to go to derelicts, and most people want Eris to be infested again, this solves both problems, the tileset gets actual use, the grindwalls are removed, the infested get a homeworld to spread from, starchart now has 3 races again and isn't just boring corpus and grineer, and finally the infested invasions remain and even have a reason to exist as they all come out of a massive "ship graveyard" of infested wrecks, every cleanup mission sent to it only adding more infested to the unconquerable infested mass that is Eris

YESSSSS!! finally someone manages to put into words what i have been thinking since this mess was announced! good on you

As for you DE why did you not think of this?

I've done around 100 runs on OD exterminate before and never encountered anythin other than infested, unless i opened the vault and picked up the artifact ofc.

But even if what you say were the case, it wasnt 50/50 on mob types, it was 100% grineer from start to finish.

I don't know what to tell you man. I guess we just roll different luck because I've never run a single OD ext without grineer in it and I've done since the tiles dropped as well. I guess you'd have to ask DE directly. 

Seriously why is everyone saying that is what the OD is for? quite a few of us DO NOT LIKE THE OD TILESET!! some of us also do not want to have to go round farming things to gain access to infested missions when ever we want why should we have to spend our credits and our time to make keys when we will most likely not make our money back? this is my biggest problem with people claiming that this new way of doing things is fine and if we don't like it go OD

Not to mention you can't just click your key, click go and get a group.

You have to MANUALLY FORM THE GROUP rather than jumping into a random PUG.

Yeah, good luck soloing that Level 30+ Orokin Derelict Defense with anything but Rhino or Valkyr because of the Ancients knocking you down every 3 seconds.

To the main topic & DE

Well it was a nice idea of dynamic nodes, reserving a control *(rewards) in de hands if things go out hands.

In reality, You are just tasting the same thing you did in previous event - which didn't work and You are trying to learn more about it. I understand that, and i belive a good way to do this is as such:

Have Eris be 90% perma infested, first 2-4 nodes should be under control of corpus/grineer * ~ ~ and there should be rarely some alerts for 4-5hours (not reward per 5 games invasion mode we currently have) the rewards should be small like 1-5 neurodes is great, players will be more mobilized than actually playing same type of game 5 times to get it which is bs...

How should missions look like? Well thats a good question, how about giving a mix of all missions.

Ex.

1. There was infestation outbreak on a ship, disable it *(hack consoles).

2. Get quickly to reactor room, and defend the reactor - infested are trying to destroy it.

3. Hack nodes to find out how the infestation outbreak happened (hack hack hack)

4. Capture target, he is responsible for causing the outbreak. bla bla bla

5. Tenno survive for 10-15min (minimum) until your extraction is ready, the longer you take the more corpus/grineer are going to pay us - cash bonuses nothing more.

now randomize those make some scenario etc and it will be huge and interesting alert /scenario, than mindlessly running as fast as we can through the nodes to finish because we have to do it 5 fing times to get reward...

If you want dynamic world, remember you don't have to make a system and have players do grind through it, You can set it if You see that players were active or you felt like it (mean invasions take overs of nodes).

Thanks hope DE will look at this post and state what they think.

Edited by CyklonDX