Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Thoughts On Damage 2.0 11.3.2 Edition!

MetroidHunter26

I did make a post prior to the 3.2 changes that is here -->Right here :D

So far with the "less is more" approach it's really simplified moding for the situation although I still feel that it gets to the point where we still try and mod extra elements JUST for damage (Cookie Cutter builds) but I decided to just Use Blast damage on my Tigris against high level grineer and so far it works! lvl 30 or so. On Ceres.

I did Radiation too and I love the "mini Nyx" in the palm of my hands!

that's what I like! that's what it should be!

but take away the whole

IMPACT
SLASH

PUNCTURE

archetype of weapons.

Alot of weapons meant for Infested killing had Slash damage are now not very effective against them :\

no amount of mods can help that unless you buff Slash,Puncture, and Impact mods but even then it's best to simplify the 3 type damage to something simple.

The "Enchantment" type buffs on our weapons add extra flavor and over all effectivness to our gunplay and it's fun! I can now use a gun suited for Corpus on both Crewman and Moa's and that's great!

Grineer die from too much Corrosive damage to their armor and that's beautiful

Infested though kinda doesn't make sense...(They are INFESTED Their Disease ridden and viral and TOXIC...and Toxic damage kills them faster :\ I would have Prefered Fire and Slash for them and then I feel the whole thing is great thus far)

I do feel that Grineer are a bit resistance heavy because of Armor (I keep seeing posts about high level grinner 30+ being WAY to strong but it seems that's just heavys cause my Dakra can cut through some of the other grineer....save for Troopers and Scorpions. Troopers make sense but Elites die REALLY fast and Scorpions don't really look like they have that much armor :\ but anyway)

Grineer I feel have some resistances on their armor that just seem weird. Slash for example

They resist it with armor...but since their flesh they are hurt more by it.

I wont go into numbers btw just simple observations.

just seems weird to me I guess.

I also feel that Corpus are okay but their "2-phases" (Shield Phase then Health/Robotic phase") needs to be less 2 phase or so(what?). Not really sure. They do pack a punch though :\ all those lazorz hurt like hell...I guess have their shields be less and health more? I'm sure their fine though I've mainly been messing around Grineer and Infested. Corpus from the brief missions I played seem to have been "unaffected" and die pretty quick from my stuff anyway

My loadouts are pretty good consisting of nearly maxed damage mods for rifles and fully maxed for shotguns so it's okay. I'm testing more via formaing my weapons and frame to feel how it would be with semi decent mods and so forth.

still it's an evolving game and I can't wait to see what will happen weather it simplifies it or does something better.

just as a note. I'm trying to go strictly as a person who has touched the game for the first time and is trying new things approach. I already know most of the members here are super into the game and WILL make cookie cutter builds and how to handle each faction with appropriate mods and so forth but by the end of the day a new player who just wants to spend his time with a new game WILL NOT Take the time to look at wiki's, theory craft or ANYTHING he would just want to shoot some stuff and IF WERE LUCKY will reach higher levels and get some decent mods in the process and just experiment on his/her own with what was presented to them.

Obviously if they were "Hardcore" they would look at wiki's and delve into the madness that is DPS race.

Feel free to check the spoiler inside my profile ;)

ay ;) but really I'm a person who likes customization and doesn't want to be penalized (badly) for wanting to use Blast Damage or Radiation or even Viral on Grineer because I want to have fun and kill very high leveled enemies. Mind you I'm looking at this on a SOLO person's perspective but still Solo play is viable to an extent.

and I will have to check that ;)

ay ;) but really I'm a person who likes customization and doesn't want to be penalized (badly) for wanting to use Blast Damage or Radiation or even Viral on Grineer because I want to have fun and kill very high leveled enemies. Mind you I'm looking at this on a SOLO person's perspective but still Solo play is viable to an extent.

and I will have to check that ;)

well, nobody forces anyone to build weapons in a certain way and i'm far from saying "i am 100% right and my ideas are the 100% best in here" really, far from it :)

but hey! i guess ppl can always take a read and draw their own conclusions :)

well, nobody forces anyone to build weapons in a certain way and i'm far from saying "i am 100% right and my ideas are the 100% best in here" really, far from it :)

but hey! i guess ppl can always take a read and draw their own conclusions :)

true. it's just that most people find the "PERFECT" build and that just turns INTO the grind of getting the Required mods to make the PERFECT gun (only to have get nerfed am I right?!? HUEHUEHUEHUE jk)

why can't I just make a mod setup to where I have a crap ton of ammo, faster reload and Blast damage and do just about the same or a little less but not by much to a person who's modded theirs "Perfectly"

I mean I have most of the mods to do it (except for pistol and shotgun toxic mods...DAMN YOU RNG!!!!!!ROBOT HOUSE!!!!!)

but by the end of the day it's just turns into a numbers game than an actual GAME.

I mean sure I could just neglect it and just dink around on low level planets but I want to mess around with high level area's and say

"Yes doing this is viable and it's FUN!"

well i dont think mods loadout have anything to do with the "fun_factor" i mean... i like a weapon, i like the way it looks and it fires... but mods are about "technical side of the story"

i use weapons i find funny to use with loadouts that are effective to use, that's my way to play

Yea, im disapointed as well.
the dread is now useless under level 30 haha
as for (30+ grenier are to strong)
they do indeed mean the armord ones. not the normal ones.
Heavy gunners/bombarders, etc, are all way to buff.
Dispair, 3 forma
corrosion, even a puncture mod, max hornet strike, lethal torrent, barrel difusion, convulsion, pathogen round.
im doing 50 damage, head shots.
that's not right.
it one hits the light armor'd ones.
which is right.
but
I agree

Its setup right now

Impact  +50 shield      +/-0 armor         -25 flesh     +25 infest  +/- 0 robot
Punct   - 15 shield      +50 armor        +/-0 flesh     -25 infest  +25 robot
slash     +/-0 shield     -15 armor         +25 flesh    +/-0 infest   -25 robot

What it should be is
Impact  +50 shield      +/-0 armor         -25 flesh     -15 infest  +25 robot
Punct   - 15 shield      +75 armor        +/-0 flesh     -25 infest  +/-0 robot
slash     +/-0 shield     -15 armor         +25 flesh    +50 infest   -25 robot

They should each be equal, doing +75% damage, and -40%(or 50%) damage split up some way