Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Phase 1: Melee Weapon Concept Submissions

[DE]Rebecca

Faction : Tenno

Name : Pito

Brief Description :

Pito deals puncture damage, this is a spear that you can launch on the enemies ( charged attack ) or you can divide for two claws in each hands ( normal swing ). The spear crashes to the ground and making an area fire damage ( jumped attack ).

When you do a charged attack you need to go get it back or you won't be able to use your melee weapon for 20sec because you throwed it so it's seems legit to get it back.

Original Art :

335190numrisation0002.jpg

A. Spear

B. Spear being divided

C. 2 claws for each hands

1. Clip to keep the weapon assembled

2. Pivot

3. Spear separation

4. Dual Blade

Edited by Virtuqls

Faction: Tenno

Description: A dual form weapon  

Form 1: Dual sickles, wielded like the dual zoren. High attack speed.

The form is switched by hitting the block button (as such, the weapon has no block)

Form 2: A single, heavy polearm, wielded like an orthos. High charge damage.  

Form 1 art: http://i.imgur.com/0dkAj8h.jpg

Form 2 art: http://i.imgur.com/eNt2ei5.jpg

(Sorry about using links, wouldn't let me use the image extension. Also, i suck at drawing :/)

Edited by fullmetalpanda21

Faction: tenno

Name:Aegis

Brief Description: Aegis is an ancient tenno spear (you handle it like an orthos or bo). deals puncture damage. its charge attack is unique from all the weapons because it launches it blade head from its handle. the charge deals armor ignore and impales its victims.

Aegis Image

http://imgur.com/9t4FUZT

Edited by Goodguysim

Faction - Infested

Name - Hemorrage

Description - a huge two handed organic cleaver, it inflicts high slash damage with a small loss in speed, has additional toxin (corrosive?) damage

Grip - machete

OSSF4EZ.png

vOGSp7I.png

40yGeOh.png

model done in zbrush 4R2, i would be happy to gift it for free use by the DE team

Edited by shadowzzzzzzz

Faction: Ancient Tenno weaponry from ages long lost.

Fully upgraded from ancient mechanics to accommodate a Tenno's need in the field.

Bladed fans also known as Gunsens were used as concealable weapons in Feudal Japan. There has been use of this weapons from characters from Mortal Kombat, Kitara.

I basically made this one, granite I can't draw but I would really love a double bladed fan version just to put on my Trinity so she can do the Fan Dance of Doom. Grip is basically held at the bottom, it could be almost like how hand to hand weapons are held, but the wrist can adjust the angle of the swipes. Basic swings could be slash attacks from left to right. Leaping attack could lead into Downward Slash attack, basically this thing can work almost as fluid as a sword and even have more fluid motion from one attack to the next, chaining quick succession attacks into one fluid motion. Could strain the stamina while actively fluid to give it purpose use and max duration of sorts of how long you can keep the fluid motion rolling. Charge attack could be Tenno crouching low and preparing to spring forth on their prey, slash and dash from left to right as they go. Rolling out at the end and possibly going into fluid motion swings by continuous melee attacking. I hope you consider the idea over the concept art. Arty ppl make me jelly <3

fanbladeconcept_zpsa79e0e39.png

Edited by StarwindNightwind

faction - tenno

name-(not really set in stone) bocho

the bocho is an advanced tenno weapon , it uses a kama,chain and blade.Its can be used to grapple enemies at range or cut down enemies with speed up close. Tenno who have mastered this weapon can decapate multiple enemies at range with a single swing.grip type duel wielded , with kama in one hand and the chain or blade in the alternate.

kamabocho.png

Edited  by Deadmansfrag

Name: The Sfaff (not final)

Name occurred by my continuous brain fail at spelling the word "staff" correct!

Brief Description:

A 2-handed puncture - slash melee weapon. Going all medieval on other factions? Hmm You could say that. Provides an astonishing reach, as well as a very good defence. Can hit multiple targets. 

Original Concept. (messy)

x6ojW3h.jpg

Final Render

PHFmg1N.jpg

Alright, here's one.

Description: A double-bladed sword of sorts. Sort of the way Darth Maul's lightsaber is, but in Tenno / Orokin style.

This weapon would be a Polearm like the Orthos, but would ideally be faster with a shorter range, and of course it's gripped closer to the center.

Artwork: (Warning - large 3D render, basic mockup)

f9w7.png

One of the most over-looked and underutilized weapon types in any game is the whip type. Which always saddened me, because, you can do some very cool stuff with them!

Name: Flay

Faction: Corpus

Brief Description:

- Grip type: At rest, in either your hand, or sheathed, it would appear to be a 3 pronged dagger.

- This is a corpus designed weapon, with tenno modifications. Designed to be a crowd suppression melee weapon.

Original Artwork & Weapon Breakdown:

xnk1386967845j.png

I apologize for the child like finger paint artwork!. It really doesn't do the weapon I have pictured in my head any justice at all, and honestly I completely open to how it looks, it's the general idea and feel of the weapon I really want to get across.

I think a whip type weapon, with a focus on CC would be an amazing tool in the tenno arsenal, and would be an outstanding addition to specific frames that are already in a support role, further strengthing those roles and really giving them the ability to shine as brightly as their more flashy dps counterparts.

Now, the charge attack on this weapon is what really makes it cool, but it would need a lot of balancing so it wasn't completely OP, however, keep in mind, while the user is creating this charge attack, they are vulnerable themselves, as they have to keep it going by actively holding down the charge button, so there is some balance there already.

I figure, it could go as much as 5 wide (one on either side of the initial 3), and 2 deep. After that, the charge would be sufficiently diffused as to not have enough of an effect to effectively incapacitate any further targets.

The charge would have an electrical field effect, that would be a visual cue that the weapon was about to overload, the first 3 seconds being blue, the 4th and 5th seconds being red, and finally the weapon overloads, causing a forced cooldown period. Of course, if you release the charge before this happens, you can skip the cooldown period altogether.

I really like the idea of being able to mix elemental types on the weapon, but I am not sure how viable that actually is in the engine from a coding perspective. Like currently, each of the heads is fashioned in different melee type (puncture / slash / impact), but with the laser finish being corrosive, and the charge attack (the whip part), being completely magnetic.

I was trying to stay with an electrical theme, and adding elements to create various effects for the weapon in its various forms.

Finally the jump attack, would create one of those small moving blue anti-moa rings that can knock down targets.

So this is my submission:

Brief description: Glaive cross Orthos. Can be thrown with a bigger radius than Glaive. Will be held like Glaive if charged and will be held like Orthos in close combat. Would have innate puncture, a high knowdown chance and better normal attack stats so you won't be defenseless in close-quarters. The weapon will extend itself in-flight. 

concept_no_2__warframe__by_luciuris-d6xt

untitled_by_luciuris-d6xwkgy.jpg

Edited by Luciuris

Name: Yari

Description: triple bladed polearm meant to pierce armor (read: PUNCTURE DAMAGE!!). Mainly used to jab but also can be brought down like a hammer, the blades are meant to inflict pinpoint-accurate attacks that can break through any armor.

Got the image up, sorry for massacring Excalibur but you get the idea.

OG6vpuE.jpg

Edited by ROSING

Faction: Grineer

Brief Description: A forearm mounted retractable fist spike.  Regular melee attacks extend only the spike (using standard punching animations).  Charged attacks fire the spike as a short range tethered projectile, knocking the target down and dragging them towards the user.  This is the weapon the the Grineer Scorpion uses, adapted for use by the Tenno.

scorpion.jpg

Infested two handed type sword. I have no idea what to write more, so for charging it could use something like not hitting all around but just dashing for one or two meters forward with sword aimed front. Hitting targets located only in Tenno path damage could be higher than other two handed melle. 

%7Boption%7D---http://s8.postimg.org/hx162wcrp/Blade.jpg---%7Boption%7D

Edited by AshaiCreed

Name: Attono

Faction: Corpus

Brief Description:

"Presented to the Board to combat and disarm pesky blade-wielding Tenno, it was soon discovered that average Crewmen were not capable of skillfully using the weapons and MOAs did not have arms. Funding was withdrawn."

A pair of Corpus-made sai, held like a dagger or reversed with the hilt bottom first and the hand around the central point. Electrified strike pads sit on the tip of the main shaft, along the side of the tongs and on the bottom. High Impact, Low Puncture damage with fast strikes. Charged attack deals additional electrical damage. Capable of disarming melee weapons from enemies (if such a mechanic could exist). Higher block chance against melee in Melee 2.0.

Original Artwork:

3x4n.png

Brief Description:

We have Loki. We have Valkyr. Their names and themes come from Norse mythology. Know what we lack? NORSE WEAPONS. The Vikings are getting the short end of the stick. Some kind of pun went there. We got a bloody farming implement (kama) before we got a Viking weapon.

We need an axe based on a proper Viking axe. Light, fast, perfectly balanced, meant to kill with an accurate, fast strike with a sharp blade. No heavy, fantasy-style axe. It is a two-handed, ether blade weapon, with fast normal strikes and a sweeping heavy strike like hate or orthos.

Original Artwork:  I WILL NEVER BE AN ARTIST BUT HERE.

W8sR6Gx.png

I so cannot art. At best, I art like a six year old.

Um... I don't have the resources to make a really groundbreaking picture, or even capture what I imagine, but I've got an idea nonetheless.

The G-7 Gravity Gauntlet--The Corpus response to Enemy Heavy Units (including Rhino)

The G-7 is a [very large] heavy fist weapon that goes on one hand (the hand that supports the primary weapon when firing), and covers the hand and most of the forearm. It has a slow rate of fire/charge time, but hits very hard [1.6 RoF / 60 dmg( 35 impact, 15 puncture, 10 slash) / 300 charge (175 impact, 75 puncture, 50 slash)]. Pseudoscientifically speaking, it utilizes a gravity accelerator to do its big damage, but that can also make it hard to control. Its jump attack is a double-fist ground pound that floors enemies in a huge radius, even though it does menial damage (Heavy Impact combo?!?!?!). Its ground attack holds the enemy in place with the free hand, charges the G-7 up a bit, then punches them in the face. The sneak attack punches the enemy in the spine, potentially cleaving them in two. If DE ever implements counter melee moves then a gravity backhand is in order. As the gauntlet is so big, holding it in front of you will suffice for a block animation. Unless you'd like to gravity backhand bullets....

Again, terribly sorry for not having an image, I just don't have the software/drawing materials for a respectable picture. I release this idea to anyone who does, and wishes to draw it up. Have fun with the contest guys