Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Phase 1: Melee Weapon Concept Submissions

[DE]Rebecca

Tore this from my Carapace - Infested Themed Buckler thread.

Faction: Infested

Brief Description:

This is an infested buckler that clings to the wielder’s forearm.

When the wielder attacks, he/she bashes the shield forwards repeatedly, with the final attack in the combo being a poisonous uppercut.

The charged attack of the shield extends a pair of Infested Ancient like arms, which grabs and pulls the target into the spike; injuring and injecting poison into the target.

When blocking, the shield expands and flattens; covering much of the wielder’s upper body. The fleshy parts of the shield grow tough scabs to improve defense.

Original Artwork:

Base art:

tUBJYb2.png

Blocking:

YRvYTAu.png

Edited by DSMK2

Faction: Infested

Grip: Short (Closest to Kama)

Description: An Infested Flanged Mace, this weapon came forth after the Great Plague as a way to damage shielded and armored targets. Heavy, yet fast, what this weapon lacks in range it makes up for in speed and stopping power. Like many Infested weapons this is a fusion of flesh and metal, with a plant-like growth surrounding a Cross shaped Mace head on a Bone handle. (Possible damage type: mainly Impact, with secondary Puncture damage)

bRj7TsV.jpg?1

If I have time I'll make a 3d Render to help Illustrate my Idea

Faction: Grineer

Griptype: Two-Handed Heavy-Weapon (Fragor, Scindo, etc)

Brief description: Scott's nerfham- I mean it's supposed to deal massive impact/puncture damage in small cone in front of the player. It should be faster than other heavy-weapons as well. Charge, jump and slide attacks shouldn't deal significantly higher damage, this is a weapon for spamming regular attacks.

Banhammer_zpsfe34f0df.png

EDIT:

I know only one submission per user and thus the "Brutek" remains as my submission ...BUT here's food for thought since the upcoming melee revamp supposedly makes blocking slightly more useful:

hopliterhino_by_rotaken-d6apn7c_zps1a954

Edited by Rotaken

Faction: Corpus

Name: Lightning Claws

Many corpus robots take on the form of animals in a sense, and so it stands to reason that the corpus crewman be equipped with easily drawn gauntlet mounted claws charged with electricity. Strong for either slash or puncture depending on the swing. This is a corpus infantry mainstay to give them a fighting edge against the infested and the brutish grineer.

Pretty [lz DE? All i want for christmas is some claws

150px-Lightning_Claw.jpg

chaos_raptors_warp_talons_weapon_lightniSources
  • Black Crusade: Core Rulebook (RPG), pg. 163
  • Codex: Blood Angels (5th Edition), pp. 57, 59-60

Fraction:Tenno

Name Apeiron

Meaning:infinite in greek

Grip:Double handed heavy melee (almost like galatine)

Description:(long description) A great sword forged in the tenno labs using the technology of both tenno and corpus using both 2 different matters solids and plasma to create a weapon that is deadly but easy to use for both beginner and advanced tenno to use. there is plasma mode and blade mods which can both deal lots of damage to any fractions.

(short description) a heavy melee crafter by the tenno using tenno and corpus technology this weapon has 2 different modes.

Artwork drawn by hand: (I'm not good in digital art) w4anxm8h.jpg0TVU2cTh.jpg

If possible a new elemental plasma should be released for apeiron dera etc.

Edited by KiLLeRZ-PRO_XXX

Faction-Grineer

Name-Shark Blade

Description-Named for a now extinct predator of the seas of Earth, the blade is a single handed dual sided short sword. On one side is the blade resembling the teeth of the shark which do impact damage, the other side is a plasma cutter which does slash damage. The more impact damage the sword does the more charge is transferred to the plasma side.

warframemeleeconcept2_zps66cf89a2.jpg

Faction: Corpus

Name: Riva

Grip: Fist weapon type wrist-blades

Description: The Riva are two forearm-mounted solid-photon blades, designed for at-will deployment and to allow easy manipulation of ranged weaponry. The blades activate when an attack is made or when the blades are brought up to guard the Tenno from incoming fire. I elected for a simple 3D-model, with reference to the angular designs of corpus weaponry and that excessive decorating is not the goal of an early concept.

I have emphasized the angles of the model to allow for more convenient image-to model source material. Now we wait for Derf Anyo to pre-order his own pair.

MVENy9O.jpg

If the traced corpus logo is an issue, tell me and I shall remove it.

Top and side view.

sds1Pwt.jpg

Scientists actually managed to produce solid photons for the first time this year, an interesting fact.

Animation suggestions

YAyXLEf.jpg

Direct image links in case the images are not visible.

http://i.imgur.com/MVENy9O.jpg Splash

http://i.imgur.com/sds1Pwt.jpg Views

http://i.imgur.com/YAyXLEf.jpg animations

Edited by Felandi

Faction : Grineer 

Name : Leviathan

Description : The Leviathan is a heavy grineer two handed hammer, with detonite inside. Impact with any surface causes large explosions. (edit) The Hammer was made to make use of the blast proc, which is the AOE knockdown. 

http://imgur.com/YVbT8n0&iunpOhO -> Image 1

http://imgur.com/YVbT8n0&iunpOhO#1 -> image 2 

Edited by K0rata

Faction: Tenno

Grip Type: Dagger

Description: Don't let these beautiful weapons deceive you, The Ceremonial Florem is a bladed fan weapon, made to distract any enemy with its beautiful floral design and glowing orokin energy, Ancient tenno have used these in combination with a deadly and deceptive dance technique in several ancient orokin ceremonies...and assassinations...

-This melee weapon is inspired by japanese geisha fans and of course, the lotus flower (i hope rebec... i mean the lotus will be pleased!)

RZXhXnq.png

-heres a render for depth

bruDwsO.jpg

im sure there are other fan designs in this contest, i just hope there actually is one in game! good luck everyone
Edited by Sigma92

Faction: Tenno (Not originally Orokin-made/no Prime)

Brief Description: A polearm/thrown weapon mix. It has a mechanically-spun Glaive on it's tip instead of a blade. Upon attacking, the Glaive starts to spin for high slicing power. Normal attacks are medium-speed, high-range and cleave enemies. Charged attacks cause you to throw the weapon like a javelin for insanely high damage. However, you need to go back and pick the javelin up once it is thrown, as it sticks to whatever it hits.

Original Artwork: Excuse the horribly crappy quality, but my scanner is bad. The notes on the image are pretty much illegible so I'll put them under the image.

bxLjX3n.png

(Pointing at Glaive: "Spun like a fan, has a Lotus insignia on it.")
(Pointing at grips: "Grips")
(Pointing at animations: "About to be thrown.")
Edited by AlchemistMute

Ether Shield/ Ether Disc (I'm bad at naming)

Weapon type: Shield/ Frisbee/ Disc 

Description: The Ether Shield has a deadly sharpened edge made out of ether material. It provides extra defense without sacrificing its damage. The Ether Shield is attached onto the warframe's arm using some kind of force field(like how other weapons stick onto the warframe's body). It can be thrown like a frisbee and it will automatically attach back onto the warframe's arm. 

Side note: This is not inspired by Captain America, it's actually inspired more by Tron. It was originally a disc, but after I watched livestream #19, I decided to turn it into a shield, because blocking will be a thing in the future.

Art work:

BUgu33T.pngWhy Ether?Because it's cool!FjyfH7O.pngIt works like a glaive/ kestrel/ Captain America's shield

Some ideas for blocking:

Since blocking will actually be a thing in the future, why not make different weapon has different blocking effect. Maybe a shield can block 70% of the damage while a sword can only block 30% of the damage.Or maybe a shield will has a chance to auto-block without needing a mod, and some other weapon weapon will reflect damage while blocking.There are a lot of mods that was supposed to make blocking more useful, but nobody really uses it, it's just wasting mod space, so why not make it built into the weapon itself.

Edited by Benedict416

Faction:Corpus
Brief Description: A considered sign of Corpus triumph over advancement in technology, The Lux dagger is considered to be one of the most carefully placed and designed jewel of techmaturgy. Easily able to rip flesh and bones off out of anyone foolish enough to touch it's beam blade.

Grip-Type : Consists of the wielder holding the blade behind them, Using it enables a 7-consecutive slash which creates light each swing. Jump attack causes radiation to flow forth from the blade in a 4m radius.

Original Artwork:qp2bgCh.jpg

Edited by ShotlockingKey

Name:ムラマサ(Muramasa)

Faction: テンノ

Grip:シングル

Brief Description:高い切断ダメージと素早い攻撃速度を持つ。チャージ攻撃は刃を鞘に収めてから再び抜刀する居合い切りで

チャージに時間を要するが、強力な一撃を繰り出す。

fnSloRU.jpg

Edited by DEADPOOL_Schizophrenia

Description: Dual Necos (dual wield long swords)

-Renowned for their ability to shred through the armor and flesh of multiple enemies at once, the Dual Necos are terrifyingly efficient tools of death in the hands of an experienced Tenno.

-The normal attack set should consist of slashes that flow smoothly from one strike to the other. The charge attack looks similar to other dual swords' charge attacks. But once the charge attack is released, the player dashes a short distance forward through any enemies and striking them each 4 times. All attacks should hit multiple enemies.

rQrYDXl.jpg?1

-Red represents energy and lightly shaded regions are empty spaces. Ash's poorly drawn body is a reference for size. Blades retract when not in use. One of them is extended to show what it would look like if extended.

Edited by Xaiken

Brief Description: Tenno sickles used in pairs. Good for single target executions. Grip type dual Zoren/dual Kama.

Pros: High charge attack damage, good puncture and slash

Cons: Low crit chance, weak/no Impact, weak normal attack damage.

fNL2K7z.jpg

Faction : Tenno

Description : Sword attached to the wrist, which with a special alt-fire hotkey switches into a throwable shield ( throwable like Glaive ).

Art : Please keep in mind my art skills are horrible ! Picture 1 is Sword stance, picture 2 is shield stance. 

zHeAwRo.png

RLehRQY.png

Weapon: Tessen

Grip: Light Throwing Weapon. Held like a fold-able fan, can be gripped like Kestrel. 

Description: A War-fan designed to be used in warfare, the Tessen is extremely popular among the female Tennos before the Old War. These silent weapons are often used as surprise-weapons.

zbFkCy9.jpg

Jqkxob2.png

Brief Description: Tenno sickles used in pairs. Good for single target executions. Grip type dual Zoren/dual Kama.

Pros: High charge attack damage, good puncture and slash

Cons: Low crit chance, weak/no Impact, weak normal attack damage.

fNL2K7z.jpg

ooh a sickle design, wonderful! and here i thought i would be lonely.

moving on! with my suggestion that i have finally succeeded in pasting in!

2zsuwc9.jpg

A gif i made to illustrate the stealth kill animation:

anim_0ccee874-fd67-18a4-1d13-e2a709a7dc9

faction- tenno

Name - dual harvesters

Mastery - 3

grip - dual axes/swords (dual zorens for example)

Type - dual sickles

here is my brief description of how it acts in game:

the weapon is your standard slash crit monster like the zoren, bu what sets it apart is weaker overall damage, but increased attack speed and crit chance/damage attributes. in addition, what makes it real special is the fact that (insert value here)% of all damage is converted into energy as well as when you successfully score a critical hit, you gain scaling life regen.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

you have now strayed from from my basic submission, all this other stuff is just details and stats that i went all out with with as i love details and went overboard, think of this as icing on the cake if the initial design is accepted any further

stats:

Slash - 8

Puncture - 3

Impact - 1

Crit chance - 36%

Crit damage - 4x

Attack rate - 2.1 per second

Status chance - 15%

Charge attack:

slash - 50

puncture - 25

impact - 25

charge speed - 0.8 seconds

crit chance - 5%

crit damage - 1.5x

jump attack: 

slash - 15

puncture - 10

impact - 10

slam attack:

slash - 13

puncture - 6

impact - 6

radius - 0.5 meters(balance)

slide attack:

slash - 24

impact - 13

puncture - 13

Finisher:

5 slashes horizontally across the downed enemy which do each:

slash - 8

puncture - 3

impact - 1

general stuff:

max targets - 2

range - 0.18 meters (shorter than other hacker slashers like the zoren for balance)

conclave - 15

no polarities(balance)

these weapons use the same animation set as the dual zorens, cleavers etc, and are holstered in the same position, but the charge animation is shared with the dual heat swords/ skanas.

special abilities;

what fun would it be if it were to be dull and dry? none i tell you NONE!.

so here is where it gets out of the ordinary, rated p for paranormal

whenever this weapon crits you will gain a 5% health re gen per second buff which can stack up to 3 times, this is signified by the nano tank on the weapons handles glowing.

whenever you connect with a target you are guaranteed 5% of all damage done to them as energy, hence giving it the "harvester" title.

construction details (cost, resources)

blueprint cost - 50,000 credits (it going to be a flavorsome unique weapon and so i believe its price should reflect that)

neurodes 3          

gallium 2

32px-Ferrite.png ferrite 1,200

control module 1`  

24px-Credits_32px.png Credits 15,000

Build time 24 hours

Rush Build 24px-Platinumicon.png 40

lore:

- description:

the pinnacle of orikin nano - technology, the dual harvesters are capable of draining the very essence from its targets and siphoning to the user. granting them special perks in battle, wield them with relief that you are the recipient of the blessings and not the curses, tenno.

Admiral's Last ramblings (their role in game and why they are the greatest great good tolerable:

their role in game:

if you don't have any means of recovering health or energy, these weapons come in to their own as pocket trinities, though not without risk as you will have to keep a close eye on your and your opponent's status if you wish to succeed, else gain too much resources, wasting your time or to underestimate your adversary, causing you to not have the required properties to be alive.

why i think that these, or any type true sickles should be in game (Keke was cool also!)

-historically accurate as these are what ninjas used to kill and garden/farm

- easy to make relatively to drastic new stuff like the glaive back when it was made

- sickles are awesome looking even more when they glow with soul energy

- has a quite new feature on it as it isn't straight life steal or energy steal

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

that's the submission done!

now its just a few updates

16th of December: NEEDS MOAR STATS!

I have decided to make some rough ideas on its costs as per request of my peer(s) so ladies, gentlemen and miscellaneous! this is its resource cost (up top)!

1st of January: cleanup day!

- added spoilers to ease up post space (so now the thread will explode when opening them, MWUHAHAHAHAHAHAH!)

- re-arranged some stuff to fit in their proper sections

- tweaked this "non-submission" section to fit that in

- put this update in my thread (inception)

and message to the mods! i will keep tweaking the design as will/are many other participants, so pay attention to us all!

(edit- Que Morpheus "at last" quote for art!)

Edited by AdmiralAvalanche