Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Phase 1: Melee Weapon Concept Submissions

[DE]Rebecca

faction: tenno

name:Nifheim

weapon type : single hand mace/long hammer (both single and dule wield models)

Base model: smaller and cleaner fragor/skana-ish look

damage type : impact primary puncture secondary with ice and knock down on charge and ground slam

combat style : machete / kama style with zorin charge /single version charge is a wind up and throw hit and return as thor dose 

why? because we have yet to have impact "long sword" type weapons and we have zorin an schindo  so why not a counter part for fragor?

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Adamantium-pike-hammer-WIP-195151123 was thinking something like this with  a lotus symbol  shape to the head

(p.s. art in link is not mine but the closest i could find to my idea)

Edited by DragoXXVIII

Faction: Tenno

Brief Description: grip-type polearm. The weapon is a scythe polearm hybrid, when not in use the blades rotate round and the pole shrinks in length for easy of storage. The drawing to the right is of the blades and the intent is for what is seen to cover most of the blades.

The weapon it self is focused on range and slash damage, but sacrifises damage for a modiret speed.

Original Artwork:

a6e8be871c69cdf8b741a0699fe6ba16.jpg" />

Almost forgot. if this does win some how, I would like to request that it be named in honor of my clan the "Shadow Reavers". Please and thank you.

Edited by Hybrass

Faction: Infested

Weapon Type: "Gauntlet"

Brief Description: Very savage like weapon and savage like attack animations, high base damage, low crit and fast speed. Design would be infestation "taking over" the tenno's hands and forearms, instead of blunt hits like the other gauntlets use would attack with sharp claws. Gauntlets arent very popular i understand that fact, but this could be a unique aproach with this weapon.

Ive been a proud member since march 31st 2013 and i love the fact that you guys are doing this kind of stuff, good luck tenno :D

images to come, will personally draw them 

Edited by Pestilince

I have the idea of dual swords designed by the tenno swordsmatsers that require a high mastery rank and could beat even the dual ichor in damage. because lets face it long swords kinda suck in this game which is very disappointing and charge melee weapons are dull and not fun to me.

Reference picture is from the popular anime bleach because I'm no artist and these have a very pleasing look to them and reminds me of a more hack and slash through hordes of infested type skana rather than an all around balanced sword. I want this weapon to be fast strong and crit like crazy.

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o231/duriam00/cosplay/expo%20oct%2010/190px-Katen_Kykotsu_Shikai_Image.jpg
Edited by magalor

Faction:Corpus

Placeholder:DEMA(from demise with the -A in the end)

Description:A brass knuckles prototype fused with a reloadable battery.Crafted to outmatch tenno,fueling from orokin artifacts.When fully loaded,it allows the user to create a devastating charge thrust attack ,where the energy from the battery augments the blades' both power and range,hitting all enemies in a big distance.Though a powerfull charge attack,it needs the battery to reload and requires the target to stay still for the whole duration.Its knuckle has two sharp rotating blades allowing many swift attacks.

[img]http://imgur.com/DHaq4cs[/img]

[img]http://imgur.com/PS7mdeo[/img]

Ps:I am awfull at desiqning,please bear the pictures.

Ps2:If i have the same name with anyone I am sorry.

Edited by pitakosxD

Faction- Tenno

Name - Hattori

Reminiscent of the ancient Katana. This weapon is wielded with the sword in one hand and the scabbard in the other. its First attack is always the strongest from the draw. Like a sniper rifle running primed chamber, This is  precise killing machine, so would probably have a high crit rate.

NewCanvascopy_zps776eac75.jpg

this design already has a thread. bump if you like

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/142876-a-katana-weapon-please/#entry1693952

Edited by Rasputin29

Faction: Infested

Name: Gauntlet (referring to the style of weapon and the punishing areas it can create)

Description: A single infested claw that is worn like a gauntlet, it is larger than the tenno's hand and extends up their forearm tapering off at the elbow. It is treated as a heavy weapon. 

It's normal attacks are an open hand claw swipe. 

Ground slam is an open palm strike. 

Finisher is one swift punch (or a slash across the throat with the claws).

Stealth is  a spearhand strike through the heart.

Block is the  gauntlet held up front of you in a fist, palm towards you. 

Charge attack shoots the claws off the gauntlet while the hand is held out in front of the tenno in spread position palm down. The claws shoot out in the direction the fingers are pointing, they cannot be aimed more specifically. The shot claws deal minimal or no damage and create temporary infested growths at the points of impact slowing enemies that enter it for a short duration until the growths burn away.

So ^^ here comes my Idea.

I'd like to see a Elemental Blade.

Side not ^^ weapon range could actually increas the sice of the blade.

U start of with only the sword shaft ....

depending on the element u put inside the weapon the blade will Form.

^^ But how about some pictures XD.

2h4dukk.jpg

With Fire Mod only

nzqg3r.jpg

With Gas Effect

^^ I would make more effects to show of ^^ but only 2 pics allowed :D

Edited by SchmuseDecke

Name: Abreya(Rage)

Faction: Orokin

Grip: Massive two handed sword(6 feet in length)

]sacreiasword2color2.jpg

Description: Weapon deals innate fire damage upon its enemies, as well as deal heavy slashing damage due to its serrated edges which saw into the flesh of its enemies.  The Wyrmstone(The dragon eye) glows whenever the weapon is charged. The design, if considered can be modified however the developers see fit.(This is concept art used for my book, the character in the image, as is the sword. I wouldn't mind if it became used by Warframe, or inspired a weapon for Warframe. So the design can be used by you guys.)

My own lore for Abreya(Unrelated to Warframe): Abreya is the manifestation of Sacreia's(Character in image) Rage. Like mentioned above, it deals heavy slashing and fire damage. It is usually accompanied by a Great Axe named Shukul(Despair). The blade itself is able to hack through about nearly any human made material rendering any armor useless. Can pierce half dragon exoskeletons and dragon scales.

Warframe lore for it: Found in a Orokin Derelict, the massive sword sat atop a pedestal beneath a massive statue of Excalibur prime whose hands appears as if they were in the process of attempting to grasp the weapon. It radiated a faint fiery aura, and great power, taunting the player into wielding it. Upon collection, it would become one of the most used Tenno weapons by those with high rank. With weapon in hand, said Tenno would tear apart their enemies, leaving naught behind but unrecognizable piles of flesh in their wake.

tinyurl.com/SacreiaChapter Where the character wielding it, and sword come from. Warning: Very long and violent.

Edited by Reokudo

Name: Kusanagi

Faction: Orokin

Weapon Type: Longsword

Brief Description: A traditional version of a Katana, used in rituals of suicide, for example, following your best comrade into death. It's basically one hilt, with the blade inside, so you can save some space. Its attacks are quick and deadly, and...well I think it'd fit the Tenno very well. We have some sort of Katana, so why not a real one?

Image: [image]http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd296/kevinvink/3D/Naruto/SwordofKusanagi2.jpg[/image]

Quick view:

Kusarigama

Description: A Tenno variation of the archetypal kusarigama (chain-sickle), the Tenno Kusarigama utilizes advanced Orokin textiles to create a sort of quantum tether Kusari (chain) for the Fundo (the weight at the end). The Fundo is capable of knocking opponents over with its advanced concussive system. The Fundo gathers energy as it flies, spinning rapidly and releases the energy upon the point of impact in a relatively small radius. Long sweeping attacks can be chained together to utilize the weapon as a form of crowd control.

Original Artwork:

HKJVqM9.jpg

Edited by Vaskadar

Here's my Contributions :D

This is my First Submission:

Name: Orokin Twins

Description and other in the Screen:

orokintiwnscontest_zps9cae9c21.png

Another Ideas of Weapons that should be checked:

Name: Half Scythe

halfscythecontest_zpsa11952e8.png

Name: Kilo Reaper

kiloreapercontest_zps8fe1aff0.png

Cheers :)

Hans.

PD: Sorry for Nazy Grammar, i'm so tired today xP

Edited by Hans_Lockwaar

Only one submission? But I have so many ideas! Oh well..

Description:

Since we have electric (Amphis) and fire (heat sword) weapons why not an ice one?

"Said to be the weapon of choice of the first Frost warframe, this shattered sword still retains its masters power"

This one handed long sword (like the skana, dark sword etc.) has a broken blade when sheathed, but when wielded the rest of the blade forms from ice with vapor effects around it.

Ground slam will cause an AOE of ice spikes stabbing from the ground around the player.

Color of the blade will be icy blue with the core tinted with the energy color.

Original Artwork:

Here is a rough sketch of the idea:

XU7EJnG.jpg

Edited by Blightshadow

Name: Casting Staff

Description:

The Casting Staff is made of unprocessed warframe systems which allows the Tenno to equip it with a weak power from any warframe. Regular attacks are much like a that of a Bo, but charged attacks are replaced by the power mod you equipped on the staff.

However, no one wants to see players run around with 2 nukes, which is why the Casting Staff can't be equipped with 3rd and 4th powers. Also, warframe mods like focus, stretch and the rest don't affect a power cast from the staff, so the original warframe is always the better choice to use a power.

Edited by CubedOobleck

Only one submission, well... 

I feel, like we don't have enough heavy weapons. And we got heavy/light swords, heavy/light axes, but only one hammer.

So, here's my concept: Nelumbo (synonymus to Lotus)

Faction: Tenno

Description: 

Grip type - Kama-like, but with charge attacks of Fragor

Nelumbo is 1,5 handed hammer, which means it can deal high puncture damage with its sharp side, and huge impact damage with its blunt side.

It's a great weapon for fighting heavy armored and shielded enemies, but it's almost useless against light units.

Original Art:

Edited:

6NZgWs7.png

Original:

nHinlN5.png

Note: Charge Attack could be a bit longer, now, whan I think about it...

However it is supposed to be one-handed hammer while fighting with fast attacks, but it can be taken in two hands to deal damage with its blunt side. Basic idea is to take the shields down with charge attacks and punch through the armor with fast ones. It deals 0.0 Slash Damage, because... Come on, it got huge damage, maybe capable of killing everything in one hit. It has to got its downsides!

Edited by Angius

"Vajra" Kicking-Based Melee Weapon

The Vajra enables a Tenno to strike quickly and brutally with refined but powerful kicks; the use of this weapon requires equal parts balance and equal parts ferocity.

---

This came about primarily because I realized while the Obex and Kogake fill a bit of a "mixed" attack system and the Furax had something of a "brawler" style, there was no, like, "hey let's do some sweet kicking action."

The colors are only for contrast while drawing for visual separation.

vajra-design01.jpg

vajra-board.jpg

Faction: Corpus.

Description: Constant fighting against 3 different groups forced the Corpus to modify their arsenal. An improvement over the Prova, inside the case of this weapon there is a blade made of a compressed corrosive material. Once the holster opens, the material boils by contact with the air, cutting and corroding everything it touches.

This property makes the blade a higly effective weapon against the Grineer, useful on the infested, but useless towards the Corpus... In case the Tenno decide to employ this Sword against its creators (Grip-Type: 1h Sword).

Original Artwork: (Colors are used to identify the different parts of the weapon)

9itl.png

Edited by HK-A6A7

Oh this is gonna be good...

Faction : Tenno
Name :  Sccyle
Grip type : Scythe / Folding scythe (new type)

Description: A heavy hard hitting folding scythe back from the steampunk days that was originally so massive for a Tenno to carry, So it was then redesigned to be foldable, compact but still have the extended reach of the Original. Featuring a Built in Motor & springs in the part of the infrastructure of the Blade to simplify the unfolding/folding mechanism. The Main blade is packed with Small Serrated Blades on the edge for extra slash damage! This Weapon has a reach of over 2 Meters, But have a long startup swing because of how the player must Unfold it first.

EDIT: the serrated blades are hidden when the weapon is folded, i forgot to tell it in the image :)

also, There's a Tenno (Excalibur to be exact) in the picture for size comparison

http://i1363.photobucket.com/albums/r719/Adryan_Wirasyahputra/scythewarframe1_zps611444e8.jpg

Note: This image is 100% my original artwork and without any copy paste/reproducing any art that exists. It took me over 2 hours for drawing the scythe so i hope this will be worth it :)Also D.E. you can change the design(and colors too) but please don't change the concept of a folding scythe!Regards- Valkyrion
Edited by Valkyrion

[img]http://s919.photobucket.com/user/William_Pendergraft/media/Powerhead_zps534f9ea2.png.html?filters[user]=138562215&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0[/img

The Powerhead:

Damage: Impact

Based of the design of the rel-life power heads, this melee weapon consists of a staff with a miniature contact explosive at the end. Using a stabbing motion the weapon makes contact at a medium distance with the enemy and produces a blast that deals a great amount of impact damage. The weapon produces minimal puncture and slash damage but has a high critical rate 

Edited by Tyre