Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Phase 1: Melee Weapon Concept Submissions

[DE]Rebecca

Faction: Tenno
Grip Style: Dagger

A very intricate and light Tenno dagger crafted for ceremonial purposes and blessed with praise and favour of the Lotus herself. However, don't let it's elegant appearance fool you, in the skilled hands of the Tenno, this blade moves quicker than most eyes can see, it's wicked barbs and edges piercing even the hardiest armour.

The dagger is inspired by the Orthos, the design of which I love. I also love daggers. Go figure. 
Thought this was a good opportunity to draw. Forgive me, I'm very rusty.

warframe_melee_weapon_contest_entry_by_r

Edited by Noogums

Weapon Name: Shiransu (Rough translation from Japanese. Means Lance of Death. Pronounced Shi-Raan-Sue) [Note: Name is subject to change]

Weapon Type: Polearm

The Shiransu is a Tenno polearm inspired by ancient Buddhist and Egyptian weaponry. It is a versatile polearm with two sharp fan blades on each end. It might not look deadly, but in the hands of a Tenno, it is a deadly weapon at close range. The shape of the blades means that the Tenno can use this weapon for controlling large crowds and keeping enemies at bay.

The weapon is best used with large sweeping arcs, and since it has two blades, the weapon can be spun to create a deadly spinning attack style. The weapon is ideal for fleshed targets and it's weight allows the Tenno to rapidly build up momentum and puncture armoured targets with ease. Despite having a dramatic advantage ins slash attacks, the Shiransu can be used as a stabbing weapon in narrow corridors, since the blades can act like axes. 

In closing, the Shiransu is meant to be a weapon that holds great beauty in form, and holds devastating potential in function.

I've added some stats I made up that I think might suit this weapon. This is subject to change as well.

Damage: 55

Charged Attack: 150 (x2 because the charged attack involves both blades)

Attack Speed: 0.7/s

Charge Time: 1.2s

Critical Chance: 10%

Critical Damage Multiplier: x1.75

Status Chance: 20%

1cxSY6P.jpg

Edited by bejuizb

Brief Description: Crafted in the forges of the Tenno a double sided axe has been shaped

Grip type: Heaxy axe, has holes in the staff to aloow the tenno with it equipped for a better grip 

its a rough draft right now though so dont hate. 

Original Artwork: http://xxonyxsmithxx.deviantart.com/art/Untitled-419600384?ga_submit_new=10%253A1386975384

Im not PC member im just waiting for migration ability :D to transfer my tenno to PS4.

Ok so this is my concept for Tonfa-like blade.

OROKIN WATCHER BLADE

Brief Description: Blade is made by Tenno using Orokin Technology. This Tenno sword was used by ancient Watcher Clan. High density particles are able to form additional  small Lotos shaped force field in front of tenno in defence stance. When using two sword passive puncture defence is improved. Using spinning attacks user can hit multiple targets fluently transitioning flrom one attack to another.

2ql8whf.png
Edited by teneK

Nunchucks!!!

Faction: Tenno!

Grip Style: Like using nunchucks!!!

Beat the Grineer like Bruce Lee beat Chuck Norris!!!

Full body motion of spinning it all around your body!

And blocking will consist of just spinning your nunchucks really fast to deflect rounds!

nunchucks.jpg

Faction - Corpus

Name - ELEMENTUM

Description: Double swords, from an ether-like material that optically adjusts to the currently active element, which were developed under the strictest secrecy of the corpus. They were designed specifically for the fight against Tenno. Their task was to inflict significant elemental damage to Waframes due to their remarkably high status-chance. The double swords, designed to do cut-damage are quite weak, but do this by a high attack rate as well as a high critical chance for it.

PS: sry for my bad english :3

o8dmtnasf7t.jpg

Edited by erlo68

Oh boy, a fancy weapon design contest! I've had this idea sitting around in my memory, rotting in places that need not to be named...

Name : Furies' Fang (named after the greek mythological Furies)

Weapon type: dagger

Faction : Tenno

Brief Description: A forgotten Orokin experiment, found and rebooted by Tenno. A mix between a Sword, Tonfa, and Dagger, this is nicknamed the Furies Fangs by old Orkin tongue. 

this is held like a pair of knuckles, with the "dagger" end pointing downwards. Few thoughts for animations would be making use of the dagger counterpart, like a lock on jump attack instead of an AoE where a single target takes massive damage.

1) rough blade design (similar like the Skana layout)

2) Sheathed pattern on the back, (placed around the lower back, above the bottom)

3) forearm blade that lines up to the player's fore arm, slightly extending past the elbow, the width like a skana's

4) the "dagger" blade is about the same length of a dark dagger's blade, the width slightly larger than a skana's 

furysfang_zps3edcd39e.jpg?t=1386976125

Edited by CantAim

Name: Sage's Consideration

Blade look: Ether sword

Grip type: orthos

This weapon is a new innovation to see if a weapon of orokin quality could be created with now known technology. Its design was made to be a tribute to the Lotus.

Preferably this weapon should have stats worthy of a mastery rank of 10, with focus on Swing speed, crit chance and crit damage. Impact:puncture:Slashing damage types should be in a 1:1:1 ratio. Reach should be comparable to the melee weapon with currently longest reach. These are just my wishes for this weapon.

Also for you consideration I think it should have a native elemental damage type on charge attacks called 'Nuclear detonation' combining Heat+cold+Lightning.

"Art":

8ef73f7f77cc1e61144521a6d573d0ca-d70dswj

af73a992b1ae1a1b51c0f6c2beb64e9d-d70ok0q

Edit: altered text again, added picture. Pardon the redundancy in the pictures.

Edited by Weoroth

Fukiri.
A video that has the concept idea for them model in a link below:

http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/wiki/Kabal

Normal attacks
Impact damage: 2.8
Puncture damage: 24.5
Slash damage: 17.8
Critical damage: 150%
Critical chance: 10.00%
Attack Rate: 0.8
Status chance: 18.00%

Charged attacks

Physical damage: 75
Charge time: 1.1 sec/charge
Critical damage: 170%
Critical chance: 20.00%
Status chance: 25.00%

The rest

Jump attacks
Physical damage: 70

Slam
Physical damage: 25 in 2 meter radius

Slide attack
Physical damage 85

Wall attack
Physical damage: 400

Polarities One tactic and one offensive ( V and a bar).

The idea of it's usage is to effectively kill the enemies while taking a small control on them by hitting them with the hook part, like a small stun effect because the enemies have a hard time getting rid of the hookblade.

Lore:

These swords concept was originally designed to help the Tenno to climb up mountains and glaciers. They were proven effective in combat and now there is a much deadlier version produced by the Tenno themselves. These weapons are often seen within the hands of a Tenno in operations that have unreliable terrain where the hooks on the end of the blade may save a Tenno's life. They are also effective at locking a target down due the way the hooks will stay in the flesh and armor pieces. Because of this, they are often strike fear to the opponents heart and result in a gruesome deaths for the victims of these brutal swords.

As a note, the damage model and all the rest are just pure concept and are due to changes made by the developers themselves, nothing is hard locked but the general idea is that I would like there to be a hybrid Grineer/Infested weapon in that order so that the melee weapons aren't specializing to one faction but divide the potential between the two. Yes the idea would be to keep it relatively viable in the high levels with the sacrifice in other damages such as critical chance and damage as well as charged attacks. I'd also like to add that the idea is to make slower melee attack rate weapon with the focus on pure damage. Something a bit different than basic fast melee weapons while still being a dual swords.

EDIT: Shame though that I am disqualified because of the rules. I'd like to post original art-work here, I love drawing but I'm a poor university student without an access to any sort of camera so I am unable to show the concepts I could draw. Oh well, someone who has the ability to do this, please consider posting this weapon type.

Edited by BETAOPTICS

Tenno Chains

Brief Description: a pair of chains with a sharp hook at the end. It allows to hit multiple targets and player can swing hooking from walls and low ceiling. (Whip like grip)

FxY2xJj.jpg

(I would like to be able to use a reduced ripline with other frames)

Edited by gianutn

Description:

The Evalach is a shield-type weapon, serving more for defense than offense.

Less damage, most of which is impact, but lots of damage mitigation during block.

Staggers enemies on hit.

Ragdolls enemies on power attack.

Slow attack speed and charge, not nearly as slow as a heavy weapon though.

Folds out from under Tenno's left arm like the Kestrel does the right.

Can put skins or decals or clan logos?

Wedge folds out both sides to form a shield

Original Artwork:

LRLAswV.jpg

Edited by Sadisticnerd

Weapon Name: Lux

Origin: Tenno

Grip Type: Dual Axes, or unique.

The LUX is a singular, or pair of short staves, used to attack multiple enemies at once at high speed with crushing damage, knocking them off balance. This weapon came to mind because I have yet to see Escrima sticks get any fair representation in warframe. Yes, it's a simple screenshot (Made in second life with no copyrighted materials present). Also pictured is a potential Tonfa variety... since warframe needs tonfas as well.

http://puu.sh/5LOGy.jpg

The idea behind this is to have a weapon that attacks like dual axes, yet has a high status chance, instead of a high crit chance, and primarily crushing damage. Possibly let charge attacks slap enemies around like the obex and kogake.

Faction: Tenno

Brief Description:Multi blade shield weapon that the user can utilize to efficiently deflect attacks, retracts and adjusts itself on top of users shoulders when non active, for charging it rearranges the shield pieces into a sword for a wide area forward swing.

Original Artwork:

io2jn69.png

• Like 1

The Thorn

http://i.imgur.com/tgpzCNa.jpg

http://imgur.com/tgpzCNa,2V2Xk3w#1

Faction- Tenno

Handle- Pretty much like the Gram. A two handed Great Sword

Description: One giant blade that covers the handle, so its kind of like a Cutlass. Though the blade extends all the way past the handle leaving enough room to where a "bunt" maneuver could still be deadly. The sharpest part of the blade should be energy to give the blade as a whole a glow. Also this "Zweihander"  Should be a little bit smaller than the Galatine about a foot and a half.

So, I was fairly disappointed by Warframe's scythes, because they didnt seem and feel like scythes to me. Anyway, that's my version of a weapon I would love to see in the game.

Name: Shuukaku (The Harvester. Forgive me Japaneese people if I spelled this wrong)

Description: Shuukaku is the Galatine of the scythes, slow swinging, hard hitting up to 5 enemies. But instead of strongest charge damage in the game, Shuukaku should have the strongest spin attack damage (cause I like doing it a lot, and I rarely use charge attacks, they decrease your mobility... and I bet I'm not alone). The Energy blade it has retracts when the scythe is not used.

Original Artwork:

fPOguKn.jpg

Edited by MadRabb1t666

Name: Kyōkan (Slayer)

Description: Nodachi (great sword length katana) similar to the gram
utilizes energy on the edge of the blade to cut through stuff

high critical rating and attack speed

Original:

warframesubmission_zpsea58d8ab.jpg

Final:

Nodachisubmission_zps2fc68843.jpg

Edited by Tsak

Hell Bringer MKII

Faction: Corpus
Grip Type: Longsword
Description: A corpus type sawed-off shotgun with two chainsaw attachments. Handling of this weapon is practiced with extreme caution.

Image:

1382097_512165755539879_1767798897_n.jpg

553767_512165745539880_541693106_n.jpg

Additional Info:

((These are just some ideas on how to implement this weapon for gameplay purposes. They are completely optional c;))

Unlike most longswords, this particular weapon will have a slower animation and charge time due to its weight. However, it makes up for it by being able to hit multiple targets with normal attacks.

The chainsaw blades will spin upon holding the melee button (Feel free to add any additional effects too) and upon impact, will hit five times in succession (maximum) before the blades stop spinning. This means that the charge attack property of this weapon is single-target.

If possible, the weapon should take both primary and melee spaces; Primary for the shotgun portion, and melee for
the chainsaw portion.

You can get creative on the rest. XDD

Good luck!

Edited by Kyoru

Faction: Orokin

Grip: long-sword

Description: An Orokin sword that on its own appears to be a simple, single-blade long-sword, but equipping elemental mods will create additional blades (up to the two shown but only one will be there if there is only one elemental damage) that twist around the first and are made form whatever elemental damage it is (ex: ice blade for frost damage). The main blade (middle blade) is composed of linked parts then when charged will extend out for extra reach.

2j1v19j.jpg

Name: Custos

Faction: Orokin

Grip: Two handed, buster sword

Damage: Impact and Slashing

Description: This Orokin forged buster sword was wielded by the guardians of the Orokin's most important people, artifacts and locations. Its massive size meant that only the strongest warriors could properly wield its devastating power, which could easily decimate a group of enemies in a single swing.

http://i.imgur.com/FRBKmzv.jpg

My concept: The Detonn (name is up for changing)

Faction: Grineer

Grip Type: Staff (much like the Bo Staff). I chose a staff because I felt that the staff type was very underused, with the Bo being the only available staff weapon.

Description: The Detonn would basically be a long staff weapon with a "weight" at either end. The weapon would deal base impact damage on normal attacks, but when the weapon is used to execute a power attack, ground finisher, or on the last attack of the standard melee combo, the "weights" on either end of the Detonn would extend out/open, revealing a glowing core of unstable metallic material, and the air, jump, ground finisher, or combo end attack would deal impact and blast damage from the unstable material inside the Detonn with a medium-high status proc chance. The energy colour of the weapon would change the colour/glow of the Detonn's unstable core.

Some original "art": Behold, my incredible MS PAINT skills! This is a very bare design, and if this somehow by some miracle makes it into the top posts, then any other artists better than me would be welcome to take the concept and make it look better than I could.

http://i.imgur.com/yRCy7ch.png

Name : Hydra
Faction : Infested
A modified Infested parasite that bonds with the Tenno wielder, the HYDRA's multiple appendages allow its Tenno host to quickly dispatch enemy crowds.
Grip Type : Fist - two short flesh-like wrist mounted blades accompanied by a mutated growth on the back of the tenno, with several barbed tentacles extending from the growth. The idea of this weapon is that it can deal a mix of slash and toxic damage and hit up to 7 enemies at once, making it ideal for crowds. Charge attack should be able to knock down enemies, if possible.

Concept Art:

aB4FvWT.png

Quick question : If our submission doesn't win, do we still own the idea (along with DE's ownership) and are we able to reuse it in other things? (If my idea doesn't win, I'd like maintain my rights to reusing it. Thank you very much. ^^)

Edited by ZephyrPhantom

Faction: Corpus

Description: Two-handed, heavy club grip type - The Oni

Used by Corpus "debt collectors" to instill fear and enforce their dominance over those who would do business with them. Its heavy-handed nature crumples armour and tears flesh, not as elegant as one might expect from the Corpus, but no less effective.

Has a wide attack arc that hits multiple enemies. Smaller targets are thrown backwards.  Deals high impact damage.

Original Artwork:

warframe_weapon_contest_entry_by_blazbar