Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Phase 1: Melee Weapon Concept Submissions

[DE]Rebecca

Name: Shaatdenn

Faction: Tenno

Brief Description: The Shaatdenn is a quick, dual bladed sword. The blades, one a longsword and the other a dagger, are sharp enough to cleanly cut steel. It's heavy blade require two hand to hold the handle to keep it swinging.

Artwork: 

CRI4V7O.png

It is put on your back like most melee weapons

It's attacks go sword, dagger, sword, dagger

concept : i love fist weapons, namely, furax. not only because this is the only weapon who really need dedidaction to be well used, but because you need to be really close to your target, so the damages should be in balance with the risk that you take so ...

i was thinking about a fist weapon, who favor chains, and reward charged punches and regular attacks synergy. why ? becauce a really small group of player use melee, and .. well. nobody use it anymore at very high level. so !

picture a weapon that charge on melee punches who hits. something like 150 dmg. very close range. single target. for something like 30s, the weapon is awake, and the regular attach leech life/shield/energy (if life is not full, life, if llife is full and shield is not, shield, if the two others are full, energy. if everything is full, well. good for you.) then the more you hit with charged, greater is the leech, and bigger is the charge dmg.

so :

Name : Rhizom. (yeah, plant weapon. jungle worlds. antigrav whales. the whole thing.)

Faction : breeded in the Lotus private gardens

fist weapon, double gauntlets

regular damage : impact 35, no leech

after charge 1 : impact 40, 10% leech, for 15s, refreshed with a charge

after charge 2 : impact 45, 20% leech, for 15s refreshed with a charge

after charge 3 : impact 30 puncture 30, 30% leech, for 30s, refreshed with a charge.

if no charge is done in stage 1,2 the weapon goes back to 0

at stage 3 it goes back to 2 for 15s

charge 1 : 250

charge 2 : 300

charge 3 : 350, 2m aoe (if you punch in a pack of infested, they should all pay the bill.)

quick concept (use your mind dudes. sorry.) :

DSC_0196.jpg

an iron stone material who slowly turn into a crystal/vegetal translucent thing, with huge fumes. imagine how "smooth" Minky will do it. we could not die, even if we play full melee, we could have an extreme raw weapon, but kind of delicate ...

Edited by kimahn

Name: Conflux

Description: Sickle with an energy pack on the blade that that feeds .4 energy per second to wielder. The blade has some electrical damage and large puncture damage but lacks impact and slash damage. Grip Type: dagger style (possibly able to be dual wielded).

Origins: The energy pack was originally designed by Alad V but the plans were thrown away because it cost too much to mass produce and it gave too little energy for their requirements. While a mission, a team of Tenno found these blueprints and modified them to have smaller bodies and attached it to a blade.

ulzODdm.jpg

Edited by SirHamstrip

Description: Dual Hand , Altered Close range grip (Furax) 

A 'glove' weapon worn on both hands which have 4 blades that extend out to pierce slash and rip enemies apart from a distance with accuracy. The blades on the tips of the fingers can be shot out to extend where the blades are and can be swung around to slice up enemies. It combines the open palm fighting style with a more long ranged weapon to deal devastating swishes and whirls to dazzle your prey.

YPxmO1I.jpg

Edited by Lazyfire

Faction: Grineer? maybe..

Name: Ajax

Description: Massive 2 handed Maul used in similar animated fashion as Fragor, does BLAST DAMAGE on swings, to knock down enemies.

Downside to this would be very slow melee speed, but massive charge up benefit as you send your enemies to the floor.

Again, I think a blast damage 2 hander would be awesome!

Artwork: I kind of wish I would have signed it, but I did mention blast damage again :)

7EwOmuA.png

Faction - Grineer

Name - Tensarg

Description - Heavy chainsaw melee. Slash and Impact damage. Charge attack has unique mechanic where the user holds down the melee button to keep the saw revved up and positioned in front of him/her, and then can run into enemies with it to deal continuous damage. Charge attack uses self-regenerating fuel, so it can't be kept up forever.

gvn4.jpg

Edited by Madotsuki

Faction: Orokin

Brief Description: This weapon is composed of two parts, Lance and Shield combining great defense with huge reach. It was the main weapon used by an Elite group inside the Oroking because of those traits.

It would require a new type of Grip, a pierce type of grip, in which most attacks used the tip of the weapon instead of hacking and slashing. To complement it, the shield would serve as block as the lance itself isn't appropriate to deflect bullets or melee swings.

GSCGAQql.png

Igneon

The next stage of fist fighting; think of a fusion of Dual Heat Daggers and Furax. Developed by the Tenno based on the Grinner melee users.

The blazing fists of this weapon cannot be used for boxing, but for karate punch instead. The charged attack is a Shoryuken that sends the enemy flying while on fire.

There are some tubes used to circulate the energy of the warframe, generating and feeding the flames.

Igneon_zps19d114bc.jpg

Edited  by Zeutan

Faction: Grineer

Name: The Killimajig

Okay, my artwork abilities are a little bit on the...not good side. I have no ability to draw and all the artists I know won't even draw me a line, so here's some describing instead. The grip is a fist type weapon. It's shaped similar to a barrel strapped to one arm only, with blades attached to the end of the barrel that spin in a circle at a reasonably high speed. When attacking, a variety of pointy objects pop out the non-grip end of the weapon (Make up stuff. Forks or whatever. Just pointy stuff), impale the target, and the saws cut into them. Charge attacks make the saw blades spin faster, and on strike, the Killimajig pushes inwards for a moment, then explodes forward.

:D

Brief Concept Description: Grip Type is like that of a longsword. A Kinetic Baton capable of dealing stronger blows the more successive strikes are dealt by the wielder up to a point. The strongest attack is meant to be one dealt from the air, falling from greater heights to achieve greater kinetic force. Upon impact from a charged attack or a jumping attack it releases built up kinetic energy in a shockwave much like with the heavy impact mod. Ivory white outer plating for rotation parts, dark gray inner metal, silver accents, naturally gold/yellow energy.

Original Artwork:

Kinetic_Baton_01_zps44edc744.jpg

I may add a second picture at some later time but I don't color, I inked the inner-showy-bits black because it was easier that way to show how the plating separates. For those unable to read the text (I can't thanks to photobucket) from left to right, top to bottom it says:

Top, Inner Part Glows, Alternate Handle?, Rotation (Reversible).

I have several other ideas but I like this one best out of the ones in my repertoire right now.

Gravity, Corpus

Gloves that control metal spheres with gravity, making them rotate to cause harm and protect. 

Normal Attack: by extending the arms will move the spheres with the same radius and effect than conventional melee weapons.

Charge attack: the spheres are put together to increase their mass and energy to concentrate in a single attack.

Block: the spheres rotate rapidly forming a shield with the same area and effect of conventional melee weapons.

Jump Attack: compacting the gravity between the gloves and the floor will cause the spheres were disperse in the same radius and effect than conventional melee weapons.

(number of non-default spheres)

Heres my Submission for a weapon I kinda would like to see: A Combat Shield

Faction: Grineer
Theoretical name: Egida
Design Description: A small, scrappy buckler made with augers along its front and bolts to hold it together, giving it the appearance of a rough make. The bolted-on plates are rusty in appearance, and the augers bolted on without regard for effectiveness. The shield itself is roughly as wide as the glaive, for scale, atleast an inch thick, and wielded like a Glaive too, though the charge does not throw the shield. Would deal primarily Impact damage with no slash, and sacrifice Crit chance and Reach for a higher status proc chance.

hrljdz.png

Brief Description: Once used during the World War Series by long forgotten warriors of Base-Ball Factions/Clans. Perfect timing for going back to ancient Earth (Jungle Set)!

Grip: 2 Handed

Name: Bat-Beater or Louyville Slugar - Named after the weapon master who crafted this ancient weapon. (Name could use some work)

Charge up: Grand Slam!

Original Artwork:

F883E0C9-3550-4E75-95FB-99A08BD21C45.jpg

Edited by (PS4)PiMDx

Name: bare fists

Description: We dont need weapons to kill our enemies we only need our fists.

according to the weapon level you ll get different combat moves.

e.g.from weapon lvl 0-5: simple melee combat moves.

lvl 6-24 advanced combat moves and

lvl 25-30 Bruce Lee/Ip Man like killing combos.

The bare fists will only deal elemental damage: e.g. mag => magnetic, rhino => blast, ember => fire and so on.

Original Artwork: already finished, jeah fists!

Edited by Fraank-EGT-

a BO split in two, like the one used in kali or eskrima.

name it kali or AKBO, i really want this in warframe.

sMfGqCi.jpg?1

CFGlige.jpg?1

the video is for the guys at DE as i suspect they dont know about kempo, or dual sticks fighting (they need to redo the movement of kogake if thats is supposed to be muay thai)

imagine excalibro doing this with his AKBO (0:58 in the video):

http://youtu.be/WXWZ_0sqiXo

Edited by omega_phoenix

Name: Nakago

Brief Description: 2-handed spear. think of the Japanese naginata or the Chinese guan dao.  able to deal high damage attacks from a large distance away but by design can probably be single-target only.  the curved blade can also have many different styles.  the hit mechanics would be interesting on this as the blade is only on the end but i really think this would go great with the https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/147661-phase-1-melee-weapon-concept-submissions/page-2#entry1749265'>Hasuken (nodachi) and the https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/147661-phase-1-melee-weapon-concept-submissions/page-2#entry1749363'>Hattori (katana)

Original Artwork:

5hvs.jpg

better usage description on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naginata#Usage'>wiki :D

Edited by angrykenji

Description: Grip Type: Twin Dagger

A Tenno version of the Kukri. Enhanced with a magnetized trigger node, allowing it to be thrown skillfully in a short orbit around a Tenno as a simple slash attack, then return back to the hilt. Charged, the weapon can be thrown to pull weak enemies to the Tenno, or pull a Tenno to a surface. This however consumes stamina greatly, limiting its repetitive use. It has a moderate attack speed and a below average damage output, but its fast charge speed and grapple skill will give fellow Tenno an edge in asymmetric battles.

warframe_twin_sparrows_concept_by_pantsa

Grip: 2 Handed Spear. Awesome at long range and able to swing for high damage, i think it would be a great addition to the roster as it only has a blade on one side unlike the polearms we have currently. Slash them baddies at a distance and do it in super style with the Tenno Naginata XD

VCTuMtz.jpg