Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 11.3.3

[DE]Rebecca

You Pretty Much Broke Warframe DE, Good Job :/. Infestation was fun to fight, World On Fire is broken, Trading taxes are stupid, And it sill feels like some of the damage and resistance is broken. :/

You're assuming this is how it will stay as far as Infestation goes. I'd rather lean on it being a transition leading up to a chainge, such as the new Jupiter Corpus maps, but for Infested.

Trading taxes are... well, out of the blue, I'll give you that (seriously, 'taxes are stupid'? ~_~'' ). A few hotfixes ago I've traded with a friend and for some reason I gained credits while he lost some arbitrary amount... it was a rather baffling experience, especially since it wasn't stated how much we where to gain/loose before the trade occured. However I'll chalk that up to DE not wanting us to go quite full trader in Warframe (something I've actually done in other games... it made me rich there, but grew tiresome).

I don't really see the problem with Resistances. Sure some bugs here and there, but generally it's allright now, espeically with the latest numbers. Needs more time to sink in; heck, I haven't even had enough time to remod all of my weapons yet.

Cheers DE, keep up the good work!

(but don't forget to listen to fans that have valid points)

Even the original damage 2.0 was better than what they rolled out now, which is pretty damn sad. People keep telling them whats broken and what needs fixing but they just keep on releasing new weapons and stuff that only complicates everything.

BRAKK got nerfed cause people *@##$ed about it being too OP. Im sorry, but after doing over 100 missions to get the damn thing they should have left it alone. Now the weapon is USELESS as it is, and they failed to bring it back multiple times now. Lanka is now useless too, among others like Torrid and even Ignis in some cases. Yes 1.0 was flawed too, but they could have done better than what 2.0 is now. There's a reason why a lot of people are &!$$ed off at this current setup. 

As other people have stated, you're still just saying "this sucks, change it".

I ran the 100 missions to get the Brakk and I can say it's not entirely useless after the nerf, it's simply not the only weapon you'll ever need now (though I will admit that falloff damage for any weapon is a pretty detrimental and annoying feature, especially in a PvE game). The other three weapons you listed all have base elemental damage so, again, they are now situational or faction specific. I can understand your frustration, as these kinds of changes to the damage system have come along way too far in the game's development, but they're here to stay and you must learn to accept them. As you said, neither damage system was perfect, so give 2.0 some time.

As for DE pumping out weapons and not fixing anything, that's a double-sided comment. If they halt all work on new content, then the game will get fixed but will grow stale at the same time. It's true that, currently, they do need to step up their balance/fix progress, but they shouldn't do it at and players' expense.

Edited by Ailith

Even the original damage 2.0 was better than what they rolled out now, which is pretty damn sad. People keep telling them whats broken and what needs fixing but they just keep on releasing new weapons and stuff that only complicates everything.

BRAKK got nerfed cause people *@##$ed about it being too OP. Im sorry, but after doing over 100 missions to get the damn thing they should have left it alone. Now the weapon is USELESS as it is, and they failed to bring it back multiple times now. Lanka is now useless too, among others like Torrid and even Ignis in some cases. Yes 1.0 was flawed too, but they could have done better than what 2.0 is now. There's a reason why a lot of people are &!$$ed off at this current setup. 

Your first point about Dmg. 2.0 has nothing to do with nerfing some weapons. Also remember that it's not a given that someone working on the damage system would be working on weapon design as well - adding one does not necessarily take away manpower from the other aspect. We can't know that, you can't. This argument is fundamentally flawed because people keep thinking of DE as one entity - it's not. It's a company, a assortment of teams working loosly in tandem.

I like the Brakk nerf as little as you do, but I understand it was OP and it's dmg at least was not touched, but rebalanced instead... while also removing it's mid/high ranged ability. :( I was angry about it at first, but I found a new role for it and I moved on. They shouldn't have made it as OP as they did in the first place. THAT was the real insult. It was clear it would frack off everybody that didn't have it. I and I'd wager you/most players could see it a mile away, but they failed there, compleatly.

To be honest, it shows lack of confidence in your product if all you can do to motivate people is to dangle an OP item above their heads and then brake it in a few spots after a month so everyone else isn't offended/gelous. It's unprofessional.

Drek happens, sadly. Hopefully they've learned better and won't release broken-OP weapons as once-a-year-or-less rewards anymore.

Edited by DarkVeghetta

As other people have stated, you're still just saying "this sucks, change it".

I ran the 100 missions to get the Brakk and I can say it's not entirely useless after the nerf, it's simply not the only weapon you'll ever need now (though I will admit that falloff damage for any weapon is a pretty detrimental feature). The other three weapons you listed all have base elemental damage so, again, they are now situational or faction specific. I can understand your frustration, as these kinds of changes to the damage system have come along way too far in the game's development, but they're here to stay and you must learn to accept them. As you said, neither damage system was perfect, so give 2.0 some time.

As for DE pumping out weapons and not fixing anything, that's a double-sided comment. If they halt all work on new content, then the game will get fixed but will grow stale at the same time. It's true that, currently, they do need to step up their balance/fix progress, but they shouldn't do it at the and players' expense.

Fair enough, I can understand not completely stoping all new content progress, but the damage dealt to the game system by 2.0 is massive enough that they NEED to address it asap, and quit wasting time with random new pistols till it IS finally fixed. Honestly, the reason BRAKK got nerfed is because people whined and moaned that it was too powerful, and most of the time those people didn't even have it. BRAKK needs to be back to its former state, because it DID need a lot of effort to be acquired to begin with(at least remove fall off damage). At the very least, they should stop screwing up every weapon that can ACTUALLY do damage in the current system, and work on fixing 2.0 itself. 

It's still a bit of a silly solution. Perhaps drop models could be rendered in a more simplified manner, like a box, depending on the number of them on screen? The main reason for MOST fps issues in this game is that all models are fully rendered no matter where they are on the map, even if you aren't there to see them. My fps dives horribly when I play most mission types other than Exterminate or Defense because of the (potentially infinite) number of enemy models being loaded at once.

.Understood. Perhaps a system similar to that found in Terraria, where there are a maximum number of drops that can be spawned at a time? New drops erase the oldest pre-existing drops. Mods, of course, should be excluded from this limit.

Nevertheless, I think it is summarily ridiculous for people who have invested in particularly powerful gaming rigs to expect Free-to-Play models to be balanced around their hardware capabilities. Don't get me wrong - I can run Warframe just fine, and I'm not complaining about this simply because I don't want the game to become unplayable for me. By all means, if you can think of a better way to solve framerate loss while preserving enemy drop duration, I'm all for it. What I am decisively opposed to, though, is the "It's not a problem for me, so F*** everybody else because they're insignificant" attitude I saw lacing the other post.

You're assuming this is how it will stay as far as Infestation goes. I'd rather lean on it being a transition leading up to a chainge, such as the new Jupiter Corpus maps, but for Infested.

Trading taxes are... well, out of the blue, I'll give you that (seriously, 'taxes are stupid'? ~_~'' ). A few hotfixes ago I've traded with a friend and for some reason I gained credits while he lost some arbitrary amount... it was a rather baffling experience, especially since it wasn't stated how much we where to gain/loose before the trade occured. However I'll chalk that up to DE not wanting us to go quite full trader in Warframe (something I've actually done in other games... it made me rich there, but grew tiresome).

I don't really see the problem with Resistances. Sure some bugs here and there, but generally it's allright now, espeically with the latest numbers. Needs more time to sink in; heck, I haven't even had enough time to remod all of my weapons yet.

Cheers DE, keep up the good work!

(but don't forget to listen to fans that have valid points)

I see your point here. But i just think that trading should be cheaper or just remove the tax altogether and ember should be fixed. I also prefer infestation to corpus as i play ember alot, and that's why i would like them to take World On Fire back to it's previous state and put the infestation back on eris.

.Understood. Perhaps a system similar to that found in Terraria, where there are a maximum number of drops that can be spawned at a time? New drops erase the oldest pre-existing drops. Mods, of course, should be excluded from this limit.

Nevertheless, I think it is summarily ridiculous for people who have invested in particularly powerful gaming rigs to expect Free-to-Play models to be balanced around their hardware capabilities. Don't get me wrong - I can run Warframe just fine, and I'm not complaining about this simply because I don't want the game to become unplayable for me. By all means, if you can think of a better way to solve framerate loss while preserving enemy drop duration, I'm all for it. What I am decisively opposed to, though, is the "It's not a problem for me, so F*** everybody else because they're insignificant" attitude I saw lacing the other post.

My bad for coming across with that attitude in my last post. I didn't mean it quite like that, but here's what I meant.

I don't think people that can BARELY run the game at 20-25 fps should really be the ones setting the standards on what should and shoulnd't be put in the game. Come on now, that makes literally no sense in a NEXT-GEN type game that even made its way to PS4 due to its content and graphics. 

I get it, I sounded like an &#!, but when they remove one of the best parts of the game(infensted missions) and throw at us a crappy half assed damage system that makes LVL 40 Grineer invincible to weapons in general. Yeah no. 

Agreed, I've replied to a few posts trying to come up with an all-around friendly solution.

Edited by Ailith

I see your point here. But i just think that trading should be cheaper or just remove the tax altogether and ember should be fixed. I also prefer infestation to corpus as i play ember alot, and that's why i would like them to take World On Fire back to it's previous state and put the infestation back on eris.

Understood. I'm all with you on Eris-Infested btw. I think more or less everyone is. I don't know one soul that wants them not to be available at all times. That sed, perhaps if the invasions would be a constant thing, and Infested maps would simply move about from planet to planet.. I'd be fine with that. By that I mean normal/nightmare infested maps besides the ones with help from the other factions, just to be clear.

My bad for coming across with that attitude in my last post. I didn't mean it quite like that, but here's what I meant.

I don't think people that can BARELY run the game at 20-25 fps should really be the ones setting the standards on what should and shoulnd't be put in the game. Come on now, that makes literally no sense in a NEXT-GEN type game that even made its way to PS4 due to its content and graphics. 

I get it, I sounded like an &#!, but when they remove one of the best parts of the game(infensted missions) and throw at us a crappy half assed damage system that makes LVL 40 Grineer invincible to weapons in general. Yeah no. 

Giving lower-end machines better performance options doesn't necessarily have to affect high-end performance/quality. We're all just snow-balling ideas here, nothing is set in stone.

Edited by Ailith

Giving lower-end machines better performance options doesn't necessarily have to affect high-end performance/quality. We're all just snow-balling ideas here, nothing is set in stone.

This is also true, but I just thought he was saying that simply because my machine can run the game with no problems, I shoulnd't be complaining to begin with. All I meant by my post was that people who can literally only run it at 20-25 frames shouldn't be setting graphics standards for the rest of us who can run it fine. Sorry if it came across as elitist, I'm just frustrated with the current direction of things because of Dmg2.0, seeing as how I did spend my fair share to keep DE able to provide more content to us. 

This is also true, but I just thought he was saying that simply because my machine can run the game with no problems, I shoulnd't be complaining to begin with. All I meant by my post was that people who can literally only run it at 20-25 frames shouldn't be setting graphics standards for the rest of us who can run it fine. Sorry if it came across as elitist, I'm just frustrated with the current direction of things because of Dmg2.0, seeing as how I did spend my fair share to keep DE able to provide more content to us. 

It's all understandable, no worries. :)

fix codex for sentinels + sentinel weapons. same for their achievements. if sentinel/sentinel weapon was sold prior u11 it doesnt appear to codex as "leveled". they do show on profile page that lists used weapons and frames.

and yes i've written this same thing on every hotfix / update after it :)